TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@conniejo I am 6 1/2 weeks out I still get swelling cuz I happen to overdue and today pulled forgot the name in back of my leg the name oh oh I got it was my hamstring so it gave me some different pain but my knee feels great I have to look for the positive :heehee:
 
Cathie - you will probably be reading this in the morning your time so good luck at your 6 week check up. As I did not have an MUA I could only echo what you have read here! I do agree that it is too early and if it were me I would try to put it off for a couple more months. I have read good and bad posts - some it has helped tremendously and others not as much. If your OS suggests one my only comment would be to wait a little longer. I have continued to gain Rom and I am eight months out!

Let us know how your appointment goes!
 
@tiredwife

Hi Jackie.

Did manage to sleep until 3:30, took pain med, re-iced with Cryo Cuff and back to sleep until 6:30.
Heading to shower & breakfast and ready to head to hospital about 8am for X-Ray & OS ( it's 6:55am).

Will let you know what's next fir me later today.

Thank you for your post, most appreciated.

Cathie
 
@tiredwife I'm doing fine, and thanks for asking! I haven't been outside to experience "hot and muggy" today, but we have been having a lot of that here in Tennessee. I had to do a little bookkeeping for my business this morning, but I won't have to go by the office. And I don't have PT today, so I feel like I'm on a break! Nice! I have PT tomorrow. It will be my 11th out of the prescribed 18 sessions. It's going by really fast! Then I have to go by the office to meet with a potential new customer. I'll be worn out by then and will come home to ice and elevate all afternoon. How is your day going?
 
@ConnieJOS Hubby is from TN and his mother, sister, brother and nieces and nephews live there. Your summers are a lot like it is here. Sounds like you are a busy woman! Enjoy you mini break! We went and picked up hubby's meds today and stopped by to get a few groceries, hubby didn't make it half way and had to sit down, to early yet.
 
It's too early for me to get through the grocery store at four weeks! In fact, my husband is bringing in groceries right now. I didn't even attempt to go with him. If I did, I'd be riding the little scooter for sure!

What part of Tennessee is your husband from?
 
@ConnieJOS He is from a wide spot in the road called DeerLodge. It is around the Oakridge area. About 100 miles north of Chattanooga. His mom is in Wartburg (around same area) His sister lives near Lebanon and brother lives outside Harrison. The commissary on base is small, they don't have scooters, but they have a couch to sit on. He will be 3 weeks tomorrow. He is well known for overdoing it.
 
Just thought I'd post a new pic. My scar is getting better every day and the swelling is going down some too. It's such a slow process, but there is definitely improvement.
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
 
The scar is looking good! I came out of rehab today after a massage so the scar was particularly pink and my husbands eyebrows shot up "Wow, that's some scar!" Uhm, yeah, thanks for noticing.
 
Went for physical therapy this morning. ROM measured 142!! That's crazy! How far can it even go? They are really focusing on stairs with me now that they have seen I'm a bit weak in that area and afraid of them. I did a lot of stepping on a box, then the small therapeutical staircase, then twice up and down the full flight of real stairs. I also walked the hallway without my cane for the first time. Making progress!
 
Great report, great progress! Be careful to stay out of the ODIC!
Some report a ROM of 150 degrees, meaning you can get your knee all the way back so your thigh and calf are touching.
When are you having your RTKR?
 
Well, @pumpkin at 142 my thigh and calf are squished together. I have a heavy, thick thigh and I can't imagine getting my calf in any closer. I don't have a date yet for RTKR. I go back for follow up with my OS on 9/11 and I'd say we will schedule it then. I'm sure it will be late October or early November.
 
You're definitely doing well. Just remember on the stairs you don't have to do loads of them per day to improve. You'll get there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom