TKR My Life on the Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2 I was jealous of your den so I had to make one of my own!
[Bonesmart.org] My Life on the Other Side
 
@ConnieJOS welcome and congrats on the 140. Your bruising is much less that mine but not sure what the average is. I am a month in and am finding there are many variables but there is always someone here to had almost any experience that you have. Here's to your great progess.
 
@gr82cu2 No, my back cushions are attached. Still pretty comfy though! I cut back on my pain meds because my BP has been so low and have had a lot more pain today. So I skipped my BP meds so hopefully I can get back to the full dosage of pain meds for a while. I've spent most of the day in that den.

@jerseygirl-in-ca Thanks!
 
Sounds like everything is coming along well Connie. I didn't know pain meds could lower BP. I take mine at night. I hope you continue to do good. Do you have physical therapy?
 
I have PT 2x's a week Connie, that's tons for me. I really wonder sometimes if it does help. I do so much at home I can't imagine the knee not progressing. Just every day stuff is physical isn't it.
 
@martyz4 I agree, just getting up to go to the bathroom is therapy, isn't it! I'm sure we could rehab at home, but therapy will keep me focused and disciplined for continuous progress. I didn't have PT with my hips, but they were different. Not as painful and a quicker recovery with hips. I believe going to therapy will keep me from getting lax about it and sitting around too much. I've put too much into this to not get the best results possible out of it now!
 
You're right. Plus physical therapy gets us out and about socializing and I think that is very good for us. I have heard the hips are a quicker recovery. Hope you are doing well Connie. :upright:
 
@referee54 @martyz4 @ConnieJOS @bottomshollow
:walking::dancy: Finished my in-patient 2x/day physical therapy at the Rehab centre on Wed 6 August.
And will now have out-patient physiotherapy starting on Wed 13 August with a local PT that I have n
been attending fir a number of years. Don't know how many sessions per week.

But, in the meantime, following the written programme that I was given by the rehab centre.

Flexion still about 90-95% and looking forward to 100 % + by the end of August.
See my OS on 28 August.
 
I think you are doing fabulous!!! You sound so good for just having surgery a few weeks ago! It must have been George!
 
Oops thought this was Mamora's thread. And that would be George Clooney!
 
Nope. I'm married to Melvin. I love him very much, but I must admit, George is a nice thought. He wouldn't be as good to me as Melvin though. :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom