Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey

In preparation for my scrapbook weekend and knowing I might be driving people when we went out to dinner, I literally got the leaf blower out to blow all the hair out of the back of my car. I drive my dog around a lot and have a seat cover plus a blanket on top of that so I can wash them but there are times when I literally need the leaf blower to get out all the hair!!! :rotfl:

Sorry you're feeling the exhaustion. You know what to do. :sleeep:
 
Well, I discovered the reason for my exhaustion. Woke up with 102 fever so headed to ER. Another UTI second one this year. IV antibiotic and a prescription for ten more days. I’m taking a nap.
 
I'm so sorry to read this @FourCats! UTIs are so debilitating. I also had one a few weeks post-op and it felt like such a set back.

Give yourself time to rest and recover. You will be back on track soon.

Sending hugs :console2:
 
Fever is down this morning but still have no energy which I know will last a few more days. My sister is coming to spend the night just so I have some company. Don’t know what I’d do without her ❤️.
 
Yay, your fever is down! Let your body heal and gets lots of rest.
 
Oh, @FourCats , I’m so very sorry you have another UTI.... I’ve had them in the past, & they can sure wipe you out! It sounds like you got right on top of it, & that’s good, it sounds like your body is responding well to medications & rest. And sister company ( aren’t sisters the Best?). Enjoy good sister companionship, & just rest & let your body heal. You’ve been doing so very well, this should just be a “bump” in your recovery, & you should be moving along well before too long. For now, just rest & heal. Loving thoughts & hugs for you ( and those kitties, Miss Felicity the kitty reminds me). Take care ❤️
 
So sorry, @FourCats. I had a UTI right before my first TKR and was worried that it might delay my surgery but a few days of antibiotics cleared it right up. Hopefully you’re on the road to recovery now. Just keep thinking about how nice it’s going to be to have two strong knees!
 
I'm sorry you have a UTI but glad your fever is down. Hopefully you can get some much-needed rest as you recover. :sleeep:
 
Marked six weeks yesterday with a major accomplishment: able to stand up from solid chair without using my hands to push up!!

I have my check in with surgeon on Thursday and feel very positive. There are still bothersome things like the zingers and sensitivity of the skin on the inside of my knee. I know these will continue to improve over time.

I still tire very quickly and try to patiently remind myself that it’s only been six weeks and I’m still fighting the major UTI diagnosed last week.
 
Has your PCP tried you on a different antibiotic for your UTI? Those things are miserable.
 
Yay, what good news this morning!
 
And yet another milestone! Are you ready for it? Drum roll please … I’m now able to put my pants on without having to sit down!! Woohoo!! It’s the little things that count!
Hi @FourCats , Congrats!! Back when I hit that milestone, I too was pretty elated ... the Mrs couldn't exactly figure out my overreaction to what to her wasn't a big deal ... but it was! :)

Declaring and celebrating as many little victories as possible helped keep me positive. There are tons of opportunities for these in the course of TKR recovery!

All the best on your recovery/rehab!
 
Well, spring fever hit and I’m on the ODIC bench. Not so much my knees but my back and shoulders. I forgot that my entire body went through the trauma of surgery not just the knees. So I’ve got ice on the knees and heat on the back and shoulders. But it’s such a great feeling to be able to get outside in the fresh air and be productive!
 
Yes, @FourCats, spring weather is tempting! I did the same thing last week -- went out to do yard work and ended up on the bench, too. :ice:

But, how great that you are feeling so strong this soon after your surgery! I hope your recovery continues to go well -- just remember that the knee is in charge.
 
Back on the ODIC bench because my head kept saying “just a few more minutes” and I listened to it instead of my knees which were saying “enough, tomorrow is another day.”
 
Hi, @FourCats .... I haven’t checked in since sometime last week, so am catching up. Congratulations on your progress, and, I agree, every little accomplishment is So exciting! I still get so excited over our daily walks, & we both remember how Long that has been! Today, we went to our Farmers Market here, ( first one for this year), & saw many of our old friends from there. Several commented, “ you’re looking great, how is your knee?”, & my husband proudly pointed out, “ look! No cane!” It was wonderful to see our friends & not be in pain. This evening we worked some on cleaning out our shed ( still a ways to go). I will really have to watch myself, lest I join you & @benne68 on “the Bench”:-).
I do hope your UTI will improve soon. They can be pretty miserable. Do take care, & also enjoy Springtime peeking through. ( you too, Benne!). Everyone enjoy this weekend!
 
Ten weeks post-op and I’m pleased with my new knee. I’ve spent quite a bit of time on the ODIC bench because I’m stubborn and impatient, wanting to be out working in the garden and catching up with fall tasks I was unable to complete. I continue to ice when I finish my daily tasks. No pain medication except my nightly Tylenol PM to help relax and get comfortable enough to sleep. Sleep is still a bit erratic; usually in bed before 9 pm and waking about 2 am. Afternoon naps are usually part of my daily routine. Being retired does have some perks!
 
Back
Top Bottom