Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey

Went and had COVID test this morning, the last step before surgery on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed for negative result (which it should be as I've been self-quarantining since the first of the year).
 
I’ll be thinking about you on Monday, @FourCats. And I’ll be joining you soon in the Second Bionic Knee Club!
 
You're all set. Better days ahead.
 
I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts. Thinking positive for all to go well.
 
Seriously wishing you good luck for your surgery and a steady stress free recovery xxx
 
Thanks for all the positive thoughts! I just finished the last of the household tasks I needed to get done and it wore me out. So I threw myself a pity party!!! Felt great to let the tears freely flow!!
 
I have a feeling I’ll be hosting a similar “party” with household tasks and tears later this month. Pamper yourself this weekend. We’ll be thinking about you on Monday!
 
Surgery went well and I came home the same day. Pain has been pretty intense along with some nausea and vomiting. I finally was able to keep some solid food down yesterday evening and slept in bed for about 7 hours off and on. PT came yesterday for initial assessment and I am pleased that it is the same therapist from last time. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes! :hugzz:
 
@FourCats Sue, you are one of the brave souls who had outpatient TKR. Tough stuff! I hope you can get that pain managed quickly. Be sure and as for anti-nausea medication if you need it. Take care!
 
@FourCats :yes!:congratulations on your new knee!!
7 hours sleep post surgery is superb xx
 
@FourCats, do you have meds for the nausea? I always have a severe reaction to surgery/pain killers but the prescription anti-nausea meds work wonderfully for me.

Hope your recovery goes well - I’ll be cheering you on from the sidelines!
 
Nausea and vomiting have gone away and have eaten a bit in small quantities. Finally realized oxycodin was doing nothing for the pain so am on acetaminophen, regular during the day and PM at night. Much less pain since switching. PT came yesterday for intake and will return on Friday. My sister will be going home tomorrow so I’ll be on my own.
 
Wishing you the best recovery. Take it easy and if being on your own is overwhelming remember you’ve got friends here!
 
Glad you are on the right pain med for you and also glad your nausea and vomiting are gone.

Welcome to the other side, again!
 
Slow and steady! I made it with 2500 mg of acetaminophen yesterday, not bad for three days out! PT is coming today to begin the exercises; she’s the same from last time and is awesome! Understands the meaning of NO. Once I got past the first two nights I’ve been able to sleep in bed. Even lifted the leg into bed without having to give it a boost. Appetite still not up to par but I can definitely afford to lose some weight.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom