Guest viewing is limited

TKR My Journey

Yikes, @Sara61 that is so scary! Did that affect your knee replacement surgery/recovery? I’m glad you’re fully recovered. My BFF’s previous townhouse was next door to a home that exploded as the result of a gas leak. Exterior, as well as interior, walls blew out even though much of the structure remained standing. After the explosion, you could actually see into one of the homes from the street. Gas can be very frightening!

I grew up in Texas and Oklahoma (in the US) and spent as much time as possible at the beach so I know what the sun does to our skin!
 
Yikes about the gas explosions! :flabber:

Yes, the sun..... We all love a nice tan but too much of it and we'll end up wrinkly and leathery when we get older. My mother always wore a hat and used Oil of Olay religiously. She barely had any wrinkles into her 80s.... I see some of my friends who are my age who have spent a lot of time in the sun and boy does it show. I guess being up in WA we don't get that much sun so when we do, we all turn into sun-worshipers!
 
Wowza on the gas explosion! I've now got E45 cream in my Amazon cart. :snork:
 
We were fortunate that it happened in the Summer months the fire brigade said had it happened in the Winter, most likely we would have been sitting on the moon :flabber: unfortunately, it was a foolish error, I had, had a gas stove, and as the flames were too high and my pots & pans were constantly getting black & burned, we opted to buy an electric stove, instead of getting a qualified gas technician to do the fitting we had a handyman do it, he claimed he knew how to.. anyway he foolishly didn't seal the gas valve and unbeknown to us gas was leaking.
As we didn't hire a proper technician and as Portuguese laws are very complicated we didn't take the matter further, fortunately the said handyman has since left Portugal as I threatened him with the law if he dared work with gas fittings in the future plus the fact that I was injured scared the living daylights out of him.

@CamGram No this didn't affect my surgeries, as it was six years prior, the only problem I will always have in the future is extreme sensitivity to the sun I need always to wear protector factor 50+ on my legs, however living in a hot climate, one doesn't tend to sunbathe as the sun is there all year round and as @Susie-Q mentioned too much of it abd we end up all leathery and wrinkled:snork:
 
Nice to have a bit of snow but there’s ice underneath. I took the picture from my “fracture-free” front porch! [Bonesmart.org] My Journey
 
Wow looks so pretty, what a lovely view to have.
Becareful out walking x
 
Went for pre-op on Friday. Headed to pharmacy for Cipro because labs showed a UTI. I haven’t had a UTI for at least 20 years. Why two weeks before my surgery?!!! Aarrgghh!
 
@FourCats It could be stress related, I can sympathise with you as there is nothing worse, I'm just getting over one, put mine down to all the pain Medications but also I'm slightly stressed out with this knee too.
Drink plenty of fluids, to flush out your system, ( the last thing you really need is more trips to the bathroom but.. ) I particularly like cranberry juice, it helps Uti's - Hope it clears for you soon :praying:
 
Actually I haven’t had any symptoms which is why it surprised me. But 500 mg twice a day for 7 days should kick it’s butt!

I love cranberry juice but as a diabetic I can’t have much of it. But I picked up a cranberry supplement while I was at the pharmacy and will take that.
 
So sorry about the UTI! I got one at around 3 weeks post op and hadn't had one in at least 20-25 years either! Those cranberry supplements are great, not the gummies but the concentrated capsules. I took them too along with Cipro. When my parents were alive and quite elderly, caregivers at the adult homes gave them cranberry capsules and they never had another UTI, whereas previously they were getting them frequently.....
 
@FourCats, I had a UTI two weeks before my first knee replacement and, like you, had no symptoms before diagnosis. The Cipro knocked it right out it didn’t create any surgical or post-surgical issues. Hopefully this is the last bump in your road to surgery!
 
I received my E45 cream!! It was discounted on Amazon for $8, so I got 2!!! It's so nice!
I have been using professional grade CBD cream, which is also nice, but $125 per jar!
Thanks for the tip!!
 
I certainly hope by this time next year I will have my umph back. I just finished three tasks that should have taken less than 30 minutes but took almost 2 hours.
 
You've been through this before and know what to and not to do so you'll do just fine! Just remember that time is the best healer.
 
One week from today! My surgery is at 7:30 so I’m hoping by this time to be home resting, icing, and letting my sister pamper me!!
 
@FourCats I'm sending best wishes for your LTKR on 2/7 not use what shape I will be in then due to my LTKR on Wednesday 2/2. Doctor already called all the meds in and my daughter picked them up today. Will be glad when the 2nd one is done and over.
 
@jaspa you’ll do great, and we’ll be able to share our successes!! Oh, and vent our frustrations when we need to!! Prayers for a great outcome on Wednesday!
 
You folks that have your TKR s fairly close together are tough! Mine were 2 years apart. I don’t know how you handle it! Praying for you @FourCats & you too @jaspa!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom