TKR My Journey

I’m glad you’re coming along well. Those first few months are tough.

I still had alot of limitations at 4 months, in fact, I still do. But you’re right, we look ok and most people have no idea how long it really takes to recover, so they don’t understand.

I’m doing ok. My bend is better, but I’m having some issues, a lot of pain if I try to go down steps foot over foot. I’ve come to the conclusion that my Patellofemoral has not been successful.

I know I should get a second opinion but I just can’t yet. I feel like a second opinion is one foot in the door to a revision and I can’t even think about it. I do have information on 2 surgeons about 90 minutes away, when I’m ready to make that appointment. Right now I’m managing.
 
I’m sorry to hear that. I still do steps, sideways. I will be praying for you. Maybe a little more time is what you need. (Hugs)
 
Oh my gosh!!! The itching in my knee drives me insane. Hydrocortisone is my BFF

I had to laugh about the itchiness, because I am right there with you. I want to drag a pine cone up & down my incision just for some relief! (Extreme, I know, but the itching drives me CRAZY!) I hope The hydrocortisone helps!
Best wishes!
 
@Beckadeez Not saying that's what you need but I was taking one step at a time before the MUA. Literally hopping down the steps, and coming down four flights, it took awhile (I don't take the elevator). Even though I take the steps the normal way now, each time my knee bends there is discomfort!, some days worse then others and I am 11 months out. It's def a long process but you will get there..
 
@Pookie It really itches at the store, and there I am rubbing my knee, in the juice aisle ha ha. It’s uncomfortable to scratch, because of the numbness. Hydrocortisone works, btw. I ought to buy it by the pallet!

@MyTest Thanks for the encouragement. I have to say I’m far happier than when I was bone in bone. I hope you are pain-free soon.
 
I didn’t have either of those but I had a major vision change between the day before surgery to the day after. I didn’t need glasses to read before surgery now I can’t read anything without them. And my distance vision got better.
 
Yes, itchy knee. If I tap it gently to the side of the offending itch it helps a bit. And I also lost a lot of hair after my first knee years ago. I have a lot of hair to begin with so no one noticed but it worried me. It’s the anesthesia that causes that. Then after the hair loss, when it starts to grow back, there’s the lovely stage of growth where its all an inch or two long and sticks up everywhere:))). Lots of hairspray will help that. I totally know what you’re talking about!!
 
I have a lots of hair if I lost some, I never notice. But when to my beautician 3 months after surgery, she noticed my hair was a little different. My hair is shoulder length, kinky , and curly. I used a lot of lotions and oils on my knee, it just felt good!
 
Rubbing and massage help an itchy knee but the worse is when it comes on suddenly at a time and place when you least expected. .... a little like being stung by a bee. lol
 
@Beckadeez Hello. Thinning hair, try hair loss!! I just assumed I was stressed from the surgery but my beautician thinks it was the meds. Thankfully it wasn't my entire head just some areas so my beautician gave me protien treatments but honestly, it's growing back slow. Hopefully you aren't experiencing too much loss. I appreciate your honesty because I thought it was just something I was going through.
 
Last edited:
I did lose more than normal after each surgery, but it always grew back. Yours probably will, too.
 
@Jockette That is very interesting. Hmm

@nuttybrunette I had thick hair before but it’s way thinner now. It’s still falling out more than usual but only problem I see is that it’s really thin in the front and I can see my scalp. Yikes! And mousse works for my stragglers.

@Mutti3 I’m still shedding more than I used to. Hoping it starts growing back soon.

@Marguette I can totally relate to the stinging bee feeling. Not pleasant at all!

@MyTest I tried to find articles about it but wasn’t very successful. I thought I was the only one.

@sistersinhim I sure do hope so. I miss my thick hair.
 
I, too, hope your hair grows back. You are way too young to be experience menopause hair loss, so I feel pretty certain that it will grow back.
 
I haven’t lost hair on my head during/since menopause, but my leg hair comes in slower now. (Sorry if that’s too much information!) But I think that’s a good thing! (Maybe I just can’t see it! :rotfl: )
 
@Beckadeez
Research 'Telogen Effluvium'. Some of my hair in the back is 2" long compared to the rest just touching my shoulder. It broke off and shedded 'really' bad. I am still thinking it's stress. You may not feel stressed but you went thru a dramatic event that your overall body has to adjust to.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom