TKR My Journey

Some women loose some hair after menopause. Some don't. I have some thinning in the front, but my back is still nice and thick! It probably depends on your genes.
 
I’m 67 and all the hair on my legs and arms has disappeared entirely! (And I was brunette so quite hairy!) Some compensations to getting older! :)
 
I‘m 63. had chemo in 2011 and lost all my hair. Leg hair never came back. I am on estrogen supressing drugs, too. The hair on my head is ok, so I guess it really does depend on each person.
 
@Eeek It does. My mom had chemo in 2009 and her hair didn’t completely grow back. I should be grateful for what I do have. I’m glad your chemo was successful, btw. You’ve been through the wringer.
 
It‘s ok though. I mean i‘m happy, pretty ok despite this and that. Better than the alternative of having no options, right?
 
Anesthesia can cause hair loss. I've noticed having lots more hair in my hair brush after having both knees done so close together. Hair loss due to anesthesia is usually temporary.
 
Well, now my left knee is starting to hurt worse. I’m dreading what I know is coming.
When my other knee starts complaining I just tell it to stop, and that it’s fine. So far it’s listening.
 
Sorry to hear your left knee is acting up. :sad: Often if one knee is bad enough for TKR, the other either gets angry at the extra work load it had to provide for those post-surgical months -- in which case it might settle down -- or it has problems of its own that get noticed more once the first knee feels much better.

Hope your knee settles down and you can enjoy the summer in your beautiful part of the country.
 
@Beckadeez - Even though my RTKR rehab probably isn't any easier physically than my LTKR rehab was, I'm finding it to be easier mentally. For one thing, when I have trouble doing an ADL activity or a PT activity, I know that activity will probably be easier next week....or even tomorrow. I just feel better prepared this time and a lot of that is probably mental preparation. I did dread the second one going into it, but the time seems to be going by faster with it than it did with the first one.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom