THR My journey, if only I had known<

@Hip4life, I was worried that you were still worrying about that black cloud. Honestly do you think if you "reminded" them that you were doing all of that lifting work before surgery, they'd maybe give you a little bit of a break? That is so frustrating and I'd probably be mad at my boss! Brain fog, YES. Very unfortunate side effect of the anesthesia (in my opinion, not a medical authority!) Mine seems to be a little better but I still have those moments.....although no particular incident comes to mind right now. See, that's what I'm talking about! :whistle: It could also just be the stress of your job situation. If you think about it, let us know how it goes Thursday. I'll be saying little prayers for you sister! :angel:

Thought of you today. Was wondering how you were getting along. Hoping you’ve been out and about enjoying Spring. :flwrysmile:

I certainly can relate, mind you I’m just 1 month and still on Tramadol. But I was on Tramadol for 3 months prior to surgery and worked full time. I don’t think it’s the Tramadol causing brain fog.
I can’t remember where I put things, what I got up to do or conversations I’ve had with people. I hope this is temporary!!..

Thank you all. It does make me feel better that I’m not alone. What will my excuse be later? What were we talking about?:rotfl:
I will keep you posted. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy some summer outings and let God and the angels take care of the rest. Keeping the faith! :loveshwr:

Well, I passed! Needed a 3.0 score and got a 3.07 overachiever that I am. :heehee: Starting back on Monday 6 hours (half shift) and a transport to an appointment on Tuesday which will be about 2-3 hours. My lovely boss then has 2 half shifts following week and I can fill in more hours as I feel up to it. She’s really the best. It will be interesting. I’m trying to keep an open mind and positive attitude but have some trepidation on how the new “normal” will be. It’s definitely a shift mentally. The politics haven’t changed. The emotional energy drain is still there. I think I’ve learned (of course, the hard way:)) that I need to choose what’s healthiest for me physically and mentally and that will make. me happy. There are always options. So right now, playing it by ear and have at least one lovely person at work that will play right along with me. Not a bad start. Will keep you posted. :SUNsmile:

Hallelujah!!!! :loveshwr: Congrats my hipster sister, so happy for you as I know it was such a worry for you and your husband!! You can celebrate tonight! So proud of you @Hip4life! Just take it at your own pace, you might have to make a new "normal" but I know you can do that. Keep us posted on how it goes! :yay:

Work went pretty well Monday and I had a dear friend working who was my mother hen. But even only working 6 hours with less than half a load, I was exhausted. Slept 2.5 hours when I got home and a full 10 that night. Felt like a truck had hit me when I woke up and took me a while to get moving even taking Tylenol and icing night before. So glad I didn’t have to go to work early Tuesday.
I was pretty cranky Sunday night and Monday morning before work and had to apologize to my husband because he took the brunt of it. He just lovingly brushed it aside saying he understood. ❤️ We talked and came to the agreement for me to go part-time at work. I turned in the paperwork Tuesday when I did my patient transport. I was again so tired after even those 3 hours. My boss and I will talk more about how that part-time schedule looks but I’m so relieved to cut back and maybe we can even get a little creative.
I know it takes a little bit to get back “in the swing” and that I will be tired, stiff and sore in varying degrees for a while. I just have to remember what it was like before the surgery and how blessed I am to not have THAT pain anymore and be able to walk down the hall without that crazy limp.
Getting ready today to take our first camping trip this weekend. Keeping it simple and low expectations. Just a “catch up with us” long weekend in our little pop-up trailer. Soooo looking forward to it with a hip that works again. Life is good. :yes!::SUNsmile:

@Hip4life I can't say I'm surprised at the energy drain on your first day back but I feel for you. It's so hard getting back to what our "normal" was before surgery. And haven't we already been through enough! Happy to hear you're able to go to part-time to phase yourself back into the groove. Love love love that you're going camping this weekend, what a great time for you and the hubby. It will do you both good! Glad you updated and have a super time this weekend!!! :roseshwr:

:hi: I know getting back to work is a strain...I was also not very "sociable" after I got off...poor hubby also usually suffered because of it:nah:
Glad you are getting some time away.
I love camping too...
Have a great weekend.:SUNsmile:

Aww, so sorry to hear you’ve had a rough couple of days. @Hip4life Sounds like you have a steady, loving husband. Mine is the same and I know how blessed I am, as this has been rough for him too. I work from home and even though I can control how long I sit for, transitions are hard. I still set a reminder alarm, so that I walk at least 10 minutes per hour. Standing and sitting both are uncomfortable. I’m glad you feel relieved to be moving to part time. Hoping you find the perfect balance. Sending wishes for a wonderful camping get away. Hope you come back refreshed. xx

THR on 3/27 . Slept on sofa for 3 months prior because of pain getting on/off my bed and still sleeping in guest room 3 months post surgery. Couldn't sleep at all for first 6 weeks post surgery and ended up taking 1/2 ambien for a week which I didn't want to take and, since then, I wake up 3-4 times a night to use the bathroom and don't want to wake up my husband. I Felt like giving up on any promise of a normal sleep pattern. Now I take melatonin and fall asleep listening to books on tape ( MP3 player) with an earplug. This really works and if I wake up, I just start listening again.,

Hip4life, do enjoy your camping trip! I want to be doing the same but can't just yet. Sorry work was difficult but sounds like you have a workable plan. :)

how wonderful you can go part time. It takes awhile to get used to work again after surgery so I hope it gets easier and easier for you. Have fun on your camping trip.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing well. Please update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear what you're up to lately.
Wishing you a great weekend and holiday week to come! :)
@Hip4life

Thank you, @Layla, @lotusbuds, @SE Florida. Sorry I haven’t been by in a while. Life suddenly got busy again! All is going well. The real test will be this week-back to a full schedule of 12 hours. The one last week was challenging but oh, my goodness, I’m still alive! :rotfl: My family practice doc has been very supportive and helpful with lots of suggestions on getting me over any lingering, nagging issues. They are minor and I’m so grateful for all the things I’m doing now that we’re major hurdles this time last year. I know I’m doing well when I just move and do things naturally and it later occurs to me that I couldn’t do that without thinking about it before. Yay! I still get tired, stiff, and a little sore which is to be expected, but I’m not that way all the time like before and it’s definitely getting better.
I had a great birthday with lots to celebrate. I have 2 long 5 day camping weekends coming up, and lots of other plans. Yes, life is good and I am grateful for all of your support here on the forum for helping me get to this point in my journey. :loveshwr:

Happy 4 month Hipversary, my hippy pal!.:yes!:
Still lots of improvement to come.
Really.:yes:
Go fish...it's all in the wrist, not the hips!:realing:

@Hip4life I think it's great that you are back to camping. That's what I look forward too. You were at about 4 months that puts me at the end of September, well I might be lucky after 3 months and feel up to trying. Sigh.... Have fun camping, I miss it. ❤

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
TATTVASPA800000
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom