TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My, this is all Greek to me. I hope you can understand it @DogLoverx3. I would just be what is it and fix it STAT. :) Truthfully, it is good to know there are those that have a better understanding of what you are go through. That is what is so amazing about this forum. Everyone has been through something before we have and can give guidance.

I do hope you are feeling better and that you get to the root of the issue soon.

@dogwheels, my son has piercings - tunnels in his ears but he keeps them on the smallish side. What he calls the point of return. He claims this means that when he matures enough to realize that tunnels are not cool, he will be able to take them out and eventually the tissue will grow back. I am cautiously optimistic about that. He is going to school to be a photographer so he will not likely be working in an office and he wears his black tunnels when he goes to work which are more acceptable than his Dragon Ball Z plugs :) so I don't dwell on it. I am sure my parents are happy we did not go through all of this growing up. I had my second holes pierced in my ears when i was 18 years old and that was the extent of it.

@Phil75070 - I guess we have time if it can take a year or two to heal.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3, I'm so sorry that it is still complicated for you and that you don't have an answer, and even the dog is having to wait a while before being sorted out. I'm afar aid I don't have anything to add to the discussion, but just wanted to pop in to say hello and that I am thinking of you and I hope that things improve soon. I'm going away for September and I probably won't get on here very much, if I do I will just drop into the coffee shop to see how people are doing. Best wishes xxx
 
@DogLoverx3 Came across this today -- everyone who has a TKR should be told this before surgery! broken link removed: https://www.jointsurgeons.com/knee-replacement/32-risks-and-benefits/143-risks-and-complications-of-total-knee-replacement.html

I know that with TKR#1 it was a year before I did not notice pain…..
 
Yes, they should b e told, as part of the Informed Consent they give before the operation. However, do remember that all the potential complications are quite rare, compared with the number of replacements that are done with no complications..
 
Thanks all for your postings and information and support. I SOOO appreciate it. Sorry for not being around much. Still have a lot going on here and very little of it is fun stuff. I ended up not being able to go to California this weekend as a result so I'm pouting. ;-)

Yes, as @Celle says, complications are rare, and the vast majority of recoveries go smoothly. There are just a select unlucky few that take the 'scenic route' to recovery. For whatever reason, I drew the short straw...

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Sorry for not posting on anyone's threads, I think I'm going to take the weekend off from whining/moaning/kvetching/thinking about my knee. xoxoxoxo
 
Thanks again everyone! I've had a mellow weekend. I did have an ex 'friend' at the house yesterday and he was kind enough to mention the weight I had gained since surgery. Gee, thanks, like I hadn't noticed. ;-) Anyway, I explained that apparently the combination of all the meds I'm on as well as the lack of being able to be very active has made a deposit (on my butt!). He brilliantly suggested I just stop all the meds I'm on. Uhm, okay Einstein, I could do that, but then what do I do about the pain? Just thought that was kinda funny/silly/really stupid. xoxoxo
 
Haha, yes @Pumpkln , he was very helpful. I don't think he meant to be such a tool, he just sometimes skips the 'filter' portion of the path from brain to mouth before speaking. ;-)
 
@DogLoverx3 I am glad you had a mellow week end. I am sorry the knee is still so frustrating. It will get better.
I am not too impressed with your ex "friend"'s comments. I have a great deal of weight on meds. Right now I am on the "divorce diet" so I haven't done the weight gain yet.........but it was always a problem before surgery.
Thank you for the visit to my thread.
x x x
~~hopefaith
 
He could probably justify his stupid comment by saying something like he "likes a woman with some meat on her bones". The upside is what he lacks in brains he made up for in muscle (at least enough to move furniture). :)

Happy to hear you had a mellow weekend Ellen. You deserve it.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - hope the weekend gave you a chance to unwind a little and just chill a bit. BTW - can you EVER chill in your weather??
So sorry you didn't make the California trip, am I right that you were designated driver? If so perhaps it wasn't such a bad miss.
Also hope the pup is doing OK with his poorly tooth.
Dumb comment from the man in question. The daft thing is in my long experience of being well upholstered in the posterior region, is that men don't usually mind - they just feel the need to comment! You're right, they need to learn to engage brain before putting mouth in gear. I'm glad his comments were mitigated with some useful assistance though.
I'm not even going to ask about your knee - just hope that its not too awfully awful.

My painters have just returned - only 48hours and they will be done and I can start getting the house back to normal. My new dishwasher is sublime and I am SO glad to be free of washing up duty - however the waste disposal died a while back and I couldn't be bothered to get it sorted as its so old. Why the wretched thing had to start leaking is beyond me, so I had to order a replacement at the weekend. That's fine and dandy, until you factor in that a) they don't make that model any more so we have had to guess at a suitable replacement and b) hubby has decided to fit the new model himself :yikes:. In all fairness he has always been very good at fixing things, but the process is not fun. Everything is blamed (including me); the air will be blue .......... I think I'll have to go shopping.

Take care and talk later Ellen

XXX
 
@DogLoverx3 - may I presume a guess that the Ex is also an engineer? Smartest dumbest boys around! Sorry you missed out on a weekend in CA - I see that it's still pretty brutal in AZ - we're starting to get ok temp wise - upper 90s! But it's way humid. I've been motivated by the long weekend to get rid of a bunch of extra - stuff. I've officially lived with my now husband for a year so if I haven't used it in that time, it's out of here. Feels great.

I figure the less stuff I have to trip over during recovery, the better!
 
@hopefaith , I am the exact opposite as you ~ if I'm upset or sad, I eat...and not well. Salty, crunchy is my downfall and whoever came up with the potato chip slogan of 'you can't eat just one' must have been peeping in my window!

@dogwheels , glad your painters are almost done. No, there is no 'chilling' in AZ between the months of June and the end of October. It's just hot, sometimes humid (which we don't deal with well at all) and during July & August it doesn't even cool down at night. We will highs of 118 and overnight lows of 99 ... not very refreshing. Not.

Oy vey - run for the hills! I can't think of anything worse than crawling under a sink, laying on your back over the cabinet ledge and installing a new disposal! I think shopping is a good idea!

Haha @71Beetle (pretty picture, btw). Nope, he likes skinny women with big fake boobs (although claims that he doesn't). Such a guy....

@TexasTee , why yes, yes he is an engineer. Even better, he's a computer engineer! He's usually got good social skills, but they just seem to fly out the window around me. Good for you for cleaning house! I still need to do that with my clothes. I just refuse to get rid of my 'skinny' stuff and since my knee has been poop for over a year now, the 1 year rule doesn't really work in this case.

Now, as for my handy foot in mouth friend. He is actually doing a bit of construction for me! The entrance into my way too tiny kitchen was a small arch (I hate arches, no clue why I bought a house that has them everywhere), so he has opened up the wall on each side to make a great big entrance. Although it looks great (well, it will if he ever finishes), it now highlights how truly ugly my kitchen is. The house was built in the 80s and looks like it! Although I have stainless & black appliances, for some reason, the previous owner opted to keep the shoddy cabinets and less than lovely 'harvest gold' counter tops. I need to try and sweet talk my friend into helping with these now too. My list of things that need fixing replacing is growing and my list of handy friends is shrinking. Boo.

As for my knee (this is a knee forum after all), it's 'okay'. I think I will go tomorrow to get fitted for a brace. While I have had continued pain, it has not given out on me....until yesterday. And it scared the **** out of me. I will go in and see what the brace wizards have to say/suggest.

Although a national US holiday, I am working today, so I must run (ha). I hope everyone has/had a lovely day! xoxoxoxoxo
 
@Doglover. Just catching up in your thread. Sorry for being so lax, enjoying the last week of summer on fire island with my sister. Than bF had open heart surgery last Thursday which cramped my shopping for back to school fashions. Yes tomorrow I go back to hell as I'm writing this at 3:30 am and have to get up at 7. Something I haven't done in 8 months, but since they cut my workers comp check in half I have no other choice but to go back. Although still looking for home care jobs. Wishing you lots if feel better wishes along with a hug
Feel better. Xo susanne
Ps. Love your pictures. I used to take photos of my daughter and if my sisters feet every summer ( polished toes a must)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @DogLoverx3

I'm so sorry to read about your pup. I hope he gets better quickly poor little thing x x x I'm even more sorry about your CT report. I was praying as I read through your thread you'd get an answer.

There is clearly something wrong due to the constant pain and swelling. I hope you can go get another opinion and see what someone else thinks. You have a very long time ahead of you to live. You don't wAnt to be going into old age unnecessarily disabled.

Btw my eyes were on stalks when I read about what Mr o Tool said about your patoot. Cheeky so and so xxx

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@DogLoverx3 I would love to hear what Josephine has to say, but I know you'll do that if/when you are ready. I am really thinking of you today and all you deal with with that Richard!
I am pretty sure the word you used up there was not "mess" :heehee:.
h.g.
 
Hahaha @hopefaith . Yes, you can be certain that when you see 'mess' and 'poodle' being used in my posts, those AREN'T my 1st choice words :heehee: I need to start using 'mars bars' again to get my point across :eyebrows: How are you feeling?

I didn't get to the brace factory (okay, really a storefront) today as I had some last minute work things come up and I can't go tomorrow as I have an event, but I am hoping that I will make it there on Thursday to get fitted for whatever brace is appropriate.

Yes, I will tag Josephine when I am ready. Thing is, part of my pain isn't even on her chart. It's directly on the inside of my knee - right where my robo parts bend. I'm going to see what the brace guys say about that. It seems like if it's not one thing it's another, I've still got my 'heavy' knee feeling always as well as my nerve pain + the pain on the lower inside of my knee added to the pains on the side of my knee. While I'm certain there is still fluid on/in my knee that is contributing to the 'heavy' feeling, it's really the pains under and to the side of my kneecap that are my main concerns. I felt early on that I was fitted with a 'part' that was too big for me and I still feel that way. Whether that has anything to do with my looooong recovery I don't know...:shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom