DogLoverx3
post-grad
- Joined
- Jan 5, 2014
- Messages
- 1,467
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
So here's my bass-ackwards story of stairs. No, I didn't walk them backwards as was suggested as that just seems waaaaay beyond my coordination abilities (now or ever). I've been working on walking stairs 'normally' - one foot per stair and find that I'm kinda hauling myself up by the railing (oh so gracefully). I know everyone says that going down the stairs normally takes much longer but since I usually do things backwards anyway, I thought I'd give it a go this morning (and hope that the dogs know how to dial 911 should things go awry). So I grabbed onto the rail with one hand and walked down the stairs! No lurching, no hanging on for dear life. Crazy right? I guess I'll keep 2 footing the steps going up but 1 footing them down. If I average both methods out, I'm doing them almost 'normally' in both directions. 


This baby step business is for the birds.
I still can't believe I thought I'd just sail right through this and pretty much be back to 'normal' after 3-4 weeks. Either I'm a huge idiot or very impressionable. When my OS said I'd be using a walker for 2-3 weeks, I assumed that meant I'd be 'all better' afterwards. Ugh. My bad 
.... now that you can go down almost normally, going up will happen real soon! ... and when you can do that comfortably you'll have turned a major corner so strength and endurance will come back in leaps and bounds!
Big girl steps?!
just tried walking up the stairs and could only do a couple .... lots more work to do
to hear about your grandaughters close call, glad everything turned out well.