TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boo, I don't think it worked, let's try this way:
See how disproportionate it is and how it juts out over my tibia (or whatever the lower bone is called) :sad::cry:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
last one, then I'm going to go off and cry as really seeing these pics and knowing my knee doesn't look right makes me incredibly sad :-(
 
hmmm - for sure it looks different from the top but if I'm looking down on my bumpy odd knees mine looks completely different from both of yours...I wonder if rounded is kind of the average looking knee? Dropping in my gams to show you what I mean, I have knobby knees, at best. If they replace it with a roundy one I'm gonna look odd, too.

I don't have a knee cap down one but will take it later, my GOOD knee has an alien bump on the outside and a slope littlier bump on the inside.

Two views - one more swollen one less so where the bone spurs are more obvious...and dead sexy, for sure! Snicker.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
    k1.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 259
  • [Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
    k2.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 246
Nice sticks @TexasTee :wink: your poor right knee. Thanks for posting. It's the side view bending that REALLY bothers me. I just know that's not the way it's supposed to look. It's difficult for me to wear jeans or any pants without 'give' as that knee juts out far enough that is kinda schmushes up against my pants leg and is uber uncomfortable.
 
HI @Ellejay - I don't think they came thru when I tried to embed them, so I cut and paste them into 3 different postings. They're kinda big, so if you're looking on your phone, they may not come through. @TexasTee , you were able to see the pictures, right?
 
Ellen,
Can you take a photo standing with both legs next to each other (in your normal standing). I would like to see the alignment of your leg. Like the ones Texas Tee posted, but please be sure your feet show. You can stand in front of a full length mirror and take a photo of the reflection.
I can see what you are talking about the jutting out of the upper knee, and how it will jamb against your pants.
Looks like your Femoral components are jutting out over your tibia.
 
I know you just wanted to see my messy room again @Pumpkln ;-) No one has ever listened to me regarding the size/alignment or 'jutting' out over my tibia ... I've always wondered if this has had to do with my issues :-( (knee, not mental)
 
Cuz there just can't be enough pic's of your room or your legs out there!! How about one more from the left side view while standing? I was only looking at the shape of the bent knee, not the over-hang effect. Wondering how it looks while upright?
 
I should really clean my room before taking and posting all these pics, but oh well - don't judge me. Hang on, I'll go take a picture of the side view while standing .... complete with crapolla still on the floor :-) TJ wanted to get in on the action as well..
 
OK, for real, I don't know much about much but I can look at that knee and its clearly TOO BIG. You seriously had 2 surgeons tell you that it was fine?! What is the circumference of this knee vrs your original knee?
 
@TexasTee :sad: yes :sad: my TKR knee is anywhere from 1-2" bigger than my left knee depending on where I measure:sad: they all just say 'the implant looks fine' and disregards everything else that I say

I can wait @Chihuahuan ; and although I do have a smartphone it's MUCH smarter than I am
 
OK, for real, I don't know much about much but I can look at that knee and its clearly TOO BIG. You seriously had 2 surgeons tell you that it was fine?! What is the circumference of this knee vrs your original knee?
What I see is a lot of swelling. Until that is resolved the only way to see size is by X-Ray. It is possible that lymphatic drainage massage would help. We have an expert in Las Cruces - Mirasol Therapy
 
I'm not there so clearly all I can do is look at the photos but in the bent knee there is a clear and irregular outwards slop that looks boney rather than puffy, in the standing shot - face first - it looks completely normal - straighter than her non tkr leg but she knew that, but the side view...to me...looks disproportionate to both calf and thigh. I did preface to say I'm not in any way informed to make anything other than a casual observation.

Interestingly I cannot find any info online about the relative size you should expect from your implant vrs your regular knee. I assumed they would match per size but I guess I was never told that. You can be SURE that I'll be asking that at my pre-op appointment.
 
Here are a few views of mine. My TKR knee even at just over 6 months still feels swollen though to look at it it does not appear as swollen as it feels to me. However, my unassisted flexion at my last appointment was 120* and there isn't anything I can't do because of it. There is no pain, just that swollen, stiff feeling.

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
Thanks for posting @Phil75070 . nice golfing legs! Your knee looks great! Pretty much just like the other one. Good show!

@Chihuahuan , although my knee is still swollen, especially from the side view, that is my implant jutting out so far, not the swelling. I can tell/feel where the swelling is and can feel where the swelling stops and the implant starts. As in Phil's side view pic, you can see the squared off part of the implant and mine is much further over my tibia :(
 
Can't say your alignment is off much, it is to close to tell from a photo. Posting your x rays would show if the implant is large. Call medical records where your x rays are and ask for digital copies you can post here.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I am going to tag @Josephine to take a look at your photos in post 2050. The 2 photos with the hard wood floor belong to Texas Tee. Not sure how they got in with Dogloversx3's photos.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - I am gutted that I am so late to the 'Show and Tell Knee Party'. I was busy yesterday being thoroughly spoiled along with other Birthday shaped activities. When we got back from a great French meal, I attempted some photos :heehee: - obviously I had indulged in a little more alcohol than I thought!
I think that last photo of yours 'side on' looks the worst. The dogs legs in the photo look great though!

Anyway, better late than never, in case it helps you here are my pasty offerings - I will be 8 months on Sunday. Couldn't get a full length in the mirror as not enough room, and the camera angle made me look like one of the 7 dwarfs. I still have a swollen patch in the area of my ancient scar on inside of knee - I've massaged and iced, and am now not sure if it will ever go away. I have no issues though so it doesn't matter, plus I tend to keep my knees well covered - otherwise small children get frightened. This little exercise has made me realise (having seen Phil's tanned wonders) I need to get the fake tan out before my legs go in to hibernation for the winter.

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying


Nothing to do with your knee but I am fascinated that trying on my long boots from last year (when my 'bad' leg was smaller than the good) that the calf on my TKR leg is bigger now. I can understand the muscle development but the calf feels a bit firmer than the other. Weird - still an excuse for some new boots :-)

XX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom