THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how time flies! Wow, I never even gave a second thought about having to be cautious about getting an infection while visiting someone in a hospital! I'll sure keep that in mind, especially if I have any open wounds. I got the chills when I read about your finger! You must have been scared to death. Thankfully your finger is going to be fine. Walking three miles every evening...heck, I'm lucky if I walk three blocks a day! I've got to get off this Italian rear end of mine I'm so happy you're doing so well Carol! Hugs!
 
Hi Again! @pamac.. well, don't go looking for a cupping session just yet, I've been working on the scar with my cups and so far maybe only a minimal improvement, but will keep you posted if and when it improves..
Gosh, I t was so good to see your replies! My hippy friends! My official one year anniversary isn't until Sept. 21 but I happened to have some free time on my hands and decided to jump the gun a bit.
I go get the X-ray of the right hip next week.
@Cynthia777 .. you are funny with your lack of walking/exercising.. I bet you do a lot more than you give yourself credit for!

We are deep into yet another heat wave. It is keeping my mileage down a bit on the walks. Phooey.
 
@Josephine, @Jamie or @Jaycey I did something stupid today. :bricks:

I left some cleaning solution on the bathroom floor and then walked through later and slipped on the slick spot. I didn't fall but my new hip leg shot out sideways, kind of like a modified split. Heard and felt a pop and now I am back to icing and it hurts bad enough to be back on the cane or walker. I am hoping the pop was some scar tissue or a muscle attachment but would love to hear your input...

I seem to be in a very accident prone stage. I am a very discouraged crickethip today....

thank you for any advice you can give. hubby wants to take me to the ER for an X-ray but I just hate to be hasty.. especially if it's just soft tissue. And would rather see my OS if that is needed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @CricketHip, I'm sorry to hear that you slipped, but am glad that you didn't fall. It sounds like it was a really close call. One of the reasons I had my hips replaced was that I started falling. It would seem to come out of nowhere. I lost my balance so easily. I would just tip over like a tree. It was bizarre. I wonder if this being accident prone has to do with needing your other hip done. I know I kept dropping things, too. It was really annoying.

I hope the icing helps, and that the pain goes away with rest. Please keep us posted and let us know what the doctor or you OS says. You are in my prayers. Take care.
 
I'm sorry to hear this bad news @CricketHip! I sure in the heck hope it's just a scar tissue issue. I find it (as I'm sure you do) very disconcerting that after one year this could even happen! Hopefully @Josephine or @Jamie can shed some light on it. Please let us know how you're doing. Sending you the biggest virtual hug ever! :console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you friends!! Well, I had the dreaded ER visit and subsequent X-rays which THANKFULLY show a strong, healthy implant set in solid bone. So they are thinking a sprain or injured muscle/tendon.. recommended an MRI and a visit to my OS. Ironically I have an appt on this coming Friday to look at the right hip so will maybe wait until then and see how it's feeling and basically ask about both hips.. lol
I'm on crutches which has helped rest the hip and of course, ice and elevation.

It feels better today but there's is a definite painful area and a bit of a slippage feeling when I try to walk on it or rather when walking and trying to go around something
I feel a bit hungover today from the pain meds but they sure helped me to sleep last night!

Will keep you all posted but it's for sure not dislocated or sublexed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness @CricketHip! I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate misstep, but glad to hear the X-rays didn't show anything but a good seated implant. Hopefully, it's just a matter of resting, icing and meds, again. Keep us posted, my friend.
 
@CricketHip so sorry I am so late replying. Didn't get an alert that you had tagged. I think you did the right thing getting an x-ray. And it's best you see your OS to get everything checked as well. If the x-ray looked good I imagine you have some soft tissue or muscles that are just complaining. Rest, ice and elevate. I had a real nasty fall directly on my right hip several months ago. Nasty bruising and it too a few weeks to feel better. Please keep us updated.
 
Thanks for the update, @CricketHip. I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. I hope it continues to heal and that you feel better. You've got lots of concerned friends here. Please let us know what the OS says.

After thinking about your post about feeling accident prone, I remembered that I fell off my bike a little under a year before having my hips done. I flipped and landed on my face. I was wearing a helmet, but it knocked me unconscious. I just think sometimes we don't realize how off we can get with our balance and coordination. OA really affects us in many ways. Please be careful, and take care.
 
Today's update: I am feeling less pain and it feels like the hip joint is weak and a bit wobbly. Can do pretty much what I want with the support of a cane now. As the day progresses the crutches are more helpful.
I see one of the medical Dr's on Friday and will discuss with him then- he works with my OS..
Hopefully by then I am feeling like it was just a blip on the radar.
From what I am feeling I seem to have sprained the leg adductors and possibly hip flexors because those movements still illicit a pain response.
I hope to be able to work tomorrow and see at least part of my clients that are scheduled.. time will tell!!

Thank you again to all that replied here.. we truly do go through this stuff together and it's so helpful to have the support!! :loveshwr:
 
Oh @CricketHip, it really scares me if you're working on clients when that hip joint is weak and wobbly. Please be careful. I'm glad you got an appt. and it will be interesting to hear what the doctor ways. I wonder if you may have torn some ligaments. I'm glad that you're feeling less pain, and I hope you are able to ice and rest.
 
*Hugs* @CricketHip. I'm glad that you are more mobile. You know probably better than most that the muscles are what supports our joints. It stands to reason that if a muscle is damaged the joint would feel wobbly.
I hope you get some answers on Friday.
Take good care of yourself this week. Positive vibes are flowing! :)
 
@Hip Hip Hooray! Thank you for your cautionary voice, I appreciate your judgement on these things, as I do all of my friends on this forum. I am only seeing clients that need me for "lighter work" They are recovering themselves from surgeries or various issues and I feel I can be of help without jeopardizing myself.
I also am wearing tight compression shorts to help support that joint. Thank you for caring... :flwrysmile:

@DeepBreath - it is the darnedest thing! I think I know what I sprained but then I do a move that tells me that I am probably wrong.. but it's definitely painful while adducting or flexing the hip/thigh.
then there is a niggling painful area inferior/posterior hip. But! Already tons better! I can now walk with no crutches or cane.. well, I return to them in the late afternoon/evening when the muscles must be tired from hauling my hefty butt around! :heehee:

I think the Universe is trying to tell me not to work as hard as I do. I am very driven to be available for my clients.
But after the finger incident and now the hip sprain along with the right hip twinge-ing, I think I better sit up and pay attention! Good news is that to my untrained eye there still seems to be some cartilage still on the right hip

It's a beaut of a day, here! Leaving to go home in a few minutes to enjoy my yard and covered porch.
 
I am just seeing this. I am so sorry that you are experiencing this pain. Keep us updated.
 
@CricketHip, well, so many things are connected throughout our body. Your slip sounded like a significant one. It doesn't surprise me that different parts are complaining as you heal. I am so glad to hear that it is getting better. I've been winging prayers out for you and will continue to do so.
Take good care of yourself and no more splits, Chickey! :wink: *Hugs*
 
Hi @CricketHip, That is good news. It's such a delicate balance with these hips. I'm interested to hear what the xray shows with cartilage on your right hip. I'm glad you are able to reduce your workload.

Take care of yourself and please keep us posted.
 
So glad to hear you are feeling so much better @CricketHip and I hope it continues to get better every day. Do try to take it easy and please keep us posted on what the doctor says tomorrow. (((hugs)))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom