Hi @MajorHeidi.....wishing you all the very best for Thursday....you've been so very supportive of others and now it's your turn! Not only will you not walk like Quasimodo..you will be walking without pain too. Hoping the op goes very well and your recovery is swift and pain free. I've not had one moment of regret ( apart from not having the op sooner).....now at 6 months post op I can do everything....I even chased my grandson today...and at 62 that's not bad and tonight I have been dancing with my granddaughter watching Mamma Mia..,6 months ago I couldn't even get out of a chair without nearly passing out with pain. You have so much to look forward to. Look forward to reading about your recovery.....take care...Chrissie xxx
@Hoppy Nanny Chrissie, you have always been so kind and provided guidance about how things
will be better afterward. thankyou!
I appreciate your support, and can only hope I get results like you.
@MajorHeidi - hope you had a great day. We sure did have some fun over on Plumberbutts thread which just goes to show that there is some humor in THR I know that your positive attitude and sense of humor will see you through tomorrow and onward to your big day. Please know that I continue to keep you in my prayers and that I know you will do splendidly
@MajorHeidi You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, especially on Thursday. You'll be SO glad when this is behind you and you can get your life back without pain! Give your doggies a big smooch for me and tell them you'll be taking them for big walks soon.
@MajorHeidi WOW...do you feel all the love and support you sooooo deserve!? Everyone share's in your big day and all have said it so beautifully. I will leave it in His hands....thrilled for you that it's finally here....wishing you Hs peace and joy...you are in our prayers....xoxo
My surgery is scheduled for 9:45am tomorrow. Have to do full shower/hibiclens then apply chem cloths at
4:45pm/10:45pm/4:45am.... whew. Should be squeaky clean. That is a MRSA prevention protocol....
Best!
You will be in all of our thoughts today and tomorrow! I cannot believe its been a whole week --- I was all done and back in room about this time just 7 days ago! You'll be saying the same soon!
Thanks. Couldn't find picture --- I take the pictures so not in many. That was from last year when I was still dying hair so now my hair is more salt than red pepper. You and others have such great pictures with such personality!
Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Less than 24 hours now! Are you calm and ready to rock this? You can do it and you will be so glad you did! I am turning a corner and feeling SO much better after the meds were changed...that has been my struggle most of the time..the pain is much better and I am sitting on the deck in the sunshine with my cats.
By this time tomorrow you will be on the other side. With all these hippies thinking good thoughts for you, you can't help but do great! I look forward to hearing your post-surgery report, (and I'm just a teensy bit jealous that you will be on the downhill side!)
Thanks @AndisMom ! I have accepted it, and want it!
Glad your meds are making you feel more yourself.
It sounds so nice to sit in the sun on your deck with your cats.
My pic has my back deck with my doggies.
Thanks for your support too @Stripey !
You will be so glad you found Bonesmart. I know I am.
@MajorHeidi Good luck tomorrow, Claire! Just remember to be patient, try to accept and embrace the recovery days - you'll be amazed in a couple of weeks when you see a huge improvement. I was able to use pain meds to have minimal pain, luckily no nausea or other issues with pain meds - just made me sleep a lot which was probably the best thing. I am now one of those people who now says I'm so glad I did this!
I am getting goosebumps Claire knowing the big day is tomorrow.. Makes me think of the day before my surgery..Are you doing anything special today? The day before my surgery my sister calls me at like 4:00 in the afternoon. What are you doing she says? Oh just packing for the surgery. Well she comes to pick me up. Where do you want to go???? She's one crazy lady!!! There was really no where to go on A Sunday...lol..We drove and drove. She says do you want something special to eat...LOL...like what? Well we pulled in to a Burger King. I had a gigantic cheeseburger fries and a shake. We ate in the car. I wasn't even hungry...lol Then we went to a drugstore and she said pick out anything you want...lol.. She must have spent 50.00 on lotions.. makeup..candy. It was great.. Even though it was a silly outing I will always treasure that. Today I feel a little sore but in 4 1/2 weeks I have come a long way.and I am oh so HAPPY for NO HIP PAIN!!!... You'll see!!! Get your stuff together ... later in the day kick back. Take a long bubble bath.. The waiting is over..Best of luck...post when you can...can't wait to hear from you on the other side..hugs.. LOL I just realized your name is that of your dogs...lol Mine is to!! My big American Bull Dog is Chaseyboy!!! PS...Take the pain meds!!!!!!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.