My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Claire @MajorHeidi ! I am so excited for you! I've been following your thread and you are all ready to go! I said a prayer for you today for you to be calm and at peace, as tomorrow will be your first new day of freedom from the ravages of arthritis. I will be meeting with the OS tomorrow, and hopefully we will be able to schedule my bilateral surgery. And while there I will be thinking of you!!! All will go great for you and I'm looking forward to reading all about your recovery!
 
@charmed-life Thanks for the warm thoughts and advice Chris! You did great. I followed every update of yours!

@chaseyboy Haha, I kinda figured that chaseyboy was your dog, but now we know. I bet he's cute!
That's a neat thing your sister did for you the day before surgery. That was really sweet and caring, and a
great way to take your mind off it.
Thank you for your posting, and friendship, and advice. See you on the other side.
 
@MsFit1 Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers.
I just looked ahead to a daily devotional Jesus Calling for tomorrow and got this:

Trust Me in every detail of your life. Nothing is random in My kingdom. Everything that happens fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me. How soothing!

I will keep you in my prayer, and hope your OS appt goes well and gets a date for you!
 
Hi @Jaycey Hi @Dieter Thankyou for thinking of me and wishing me well.
Surgery is tomorrow at 9:45am Eastern. Woohoo, glad its early.....
See you on the other side.
 
You will do great! So excited for you to have this behind you soon! You're in my thoughts and prayers. :flwrysmile:
 
@MajorHeidi You're going to do great.

The day before my first surgery, my DIL took me grocery shopping at a huge Wal-Mat and we had a great time -- me in one of those scooter things trying to avoid crashing into anything or running into anybody and my grandsons having a great time looking at everything and making fun of Grandma trying to back up the scooter. It really helped the time pass in a fun way, rather than sitting around worrying, and I was able to stock up on groceries, too. By the time we got something to eat, got home and got the groceries put away, it was time to go to bed. No time to mope, and I was so tired I actually slept! It was so kind of them to think to help me get through that last day!

I'm looking forward to your recovery thread, and you'll certainly be at the top of my prayer list tomorrow.

Peace and love to you,

Milli
 
Thank you Milli @Butterfly . I appreciate your prayer and kind thoughts, and your story of what you did...

A friend stopped by this afternoon and gave me some little feathery angel wings. Sweet.
 
MajorHeidi.....Well my friend tomorrow is your BIG DAY! Yippee, I am so excited for you, I know that you are nervous, but you have to know from the hippies on here that after tomorrow this pain that has surrounded you will be a thing of the past and your new life will begin. Do you have a new thread started on the other side or are you staying the same? I think it is easier if you just have a good name to start with then it can just be transferred over. I will find you where ever you go. Try to get some sleep tonight, what time is your surgery again tomorrow? Will be thinking of you all day so got it covered. Love ya!
 
Thank you Roseann! @GaRosehippy
My surgery is at 9:45am east coast. Have to be there at 6:45. Get up at 4:45 and shower and drive in.
Might as well have a slumber party. haha
I don't have a thread yet. Figured I would just go with the flow tomorrow and see what I feel like
and if something comes to me. Staying MajorHeidi for my puppies.....
Thanks for the well wishes! and all the fun so far we've had with fun posts!
 
Hey @fulafoto Bill!
Great to hear from you!
I am ready to rock and roll, and get on with it.
Thanks for wishing me well. See you on the other side tomorrow!
 
@MajorHeidi Just stopping by to let you know I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers for your surgery in the morning. I am so excited for you, I know you are well prepared and ready for this!! Won't be long and you will be on the other side!! Looking forward to seeing your first post op post, love you hun!! Your post op thread can still be MajorHeidi just a different title, will be waiting to hear from you!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom