Guest viewing is limited

TKR My 2 Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted over in the social room but wanted to post here to on my spinal fusion progress.

Hi everyone,
Well here it is the first check-up report. I do NOT need the brace anymore, I can now drive, no need for physical therapy unless I develope more severe back pain, no more restrictions, I can start to bend etc but go at it slowly. My x-ray looked great and the Dr was extremely pleased with how well I am healing. Have to see him in 8 weeks again if nothing else developes before then. I am so happy I feel like a free woman. I am felling really well just some soreness in my back which he said would be there for some time, it feels like I can feel the rods etc. but this should disappear in time.
Thank you all again for your support thru this yet again new journey for me. I have even lost 25lbs since surgery and he was really happy about that so I need to keep working on it. I really behaved myself and followed all my instructions and It worked. I will stay in touch and let youall know how things are going as time goes on.

I just wanted to add that thru all of this trial and rehab of my back my knee did not give me one minute of trouble. I do not think I could have done it with this back had I not had my knee done already. I can't say enough how well my knee held up thru this I was amazed.
 
I'm happy for you that things are improving! And will second that the TKR taught me the patience I needed when I broke my back. May your recovery continue as well as it has so far!
 
Well, I haven't posted in this thread for awhile but sure would like to today. It is my 2 year anniversary with my RTKR. I really have to say it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Recently I have had to go thru major back surgery and I know I would never have been able to make it thru if this knee was not done before. The knee has not caused one bit of trouble or complained during the recuperation.
With the help of Bonesmart and my PT and my DR I created a rehab plan for myself that worked for me. With a lot of patience and a little thinking outside the box, so to speak, I really had no problems getting well again and right back on the road, I wanted to be on, of living my life again.
Don't get me wrong, I had pain and discomfort and all of the other complaints we all go thru, but working together, we made it with no complications at all. I found what helped me the most was to gather all the knowledge I could before during and after surgery and rehab to put my mind at ease and keep positive attitude and that is what got me through without a lot of worry. Making new friends here at Bonesmart also helped things, when I just needed to vent the frustrations or cheer someone on for their successes really helped the mental attitude, and that was half the battle.
So in closing I would just like to say to all, Keep Your Chins Up, do what YOU need to do,
and you really will get there when it is time. Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoy your new knees.
 
Thats a really positive post Rose. So glad everything has settled down and you are getting your life back. 25lbs weight loss WELL DONE YOU. thats really good and will help with your new knee and your back problems. Its nice to hear from someone who has been thru a lot and come out the other side. I agree with you bonesmart is a fantastic place to vent, scream, console others and just join in. I have found it a constant friend and companion in this long road to recovery and really dont know what I would havemdone without it. So CONGRATULATIONS on your two year anniversary and wishing you happy healthy years ahead. Take Care. X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom