Guest viewing is limited

TKR My 2 Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like you comments. I have been notices that weight seems to be coming up quite a bit. Here is how I see it. If you hurt how can you do the walking etc.? I was over 200 when I had my first one done on my knee and nothing was said. Boy I was lucky however my heart goes out to you. Please come and post because I do want to hear from you. Take care. Tashia :friends: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Just thought I would update a bit, I put myself on a BIG diet around a 1000 cals a day and since Thursday I have lost 5 lbs. Did this just in case the next dt I see has the same outlook on things. My hubby went on the diet with me so it would be easier (isn't he wonderful) and he has lost about 4 lbs.
Tried to go for a small walk yesterday and the back really didn't like that, so I am paying for it today.
All of this is just a trial and error situation right now. Well I will keep you all posted as things happen.
Keep hoping the dr. will call and be able to take me sooner (if they have any cancellations)
 
Wow, Rose, what incredible determination and results. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
 
Rose, First off, yes your hubby is wonderful! :) It shows that he will do anything to help make you happy, what he probably doesn't get is that you will always be happy when he's with you! :)
Congratulations on the weight loss, you rock! I have a really great feeling that this next doctor will see you as a person in pain and try to help you, rather than that last doctor who wanted to change everyone around him except himself with his self righteous ideas about how people should be! Shame on him!

Stay strong my friend! Hug your hubby for me for giving you support and love! :friends:
 
Thanks Jacky,
It's a tough road but I do need to do it. I have a good feeling about the next Dr also. I just hope his schedule opens up and I can get in a bit sooner, we shall see.
 
Yes Rose, I hope something opens up sooner than Feb 11th too! Might I suggest that you call their office periodically to see if they have any cancelations or openings, because offices sometimes get them but they don't put notations in their systems to alert them to call patience that are waiting for an appointment. This way you will stay in the forefront of their minds! Just a though. Good luck! :console2:
 
Well I got my appointment confirmation call today so things are a go for Dr. visit on Monday. Now I will have to get nervous even though I now what he is going to say. Just hope this one is not as big a jerk as the last one I saw was. I will keep yoy all informed when I return from the Dr. in late afternoon. Thank you all for listening so far.
 
Woohoo, you're on your way Rose!:thumb: I've got everything crossed my friend, good luck!:friends:
 
Rose, I have fingers [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary , toes [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary , arms [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary , legs [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary , and eyes [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary

crossed for you that this doctor will give you some real hope for the future.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary
 
Good luck today Rose! I'll be thinking of you, and you'll be in my prayers for a great outcome! :angel:
 
My prayers are with you that who you choose is an amazing surgeon and your problem is fixed. Also for comfort until they can get to the procedure and that they are able to schedule that really soon.
 
Hi Rose,
I have been following this with dismay, as I also have seen (and felt) the indifference of Neurosurgeons to back pain.
While weight wasn't the major issue for me, the guy I saw waved his hand in a dismissive way and said I was not a candidate for surgery. I do have to say I was not dissappointed (I had been pre-warned by my PCP that my back could get worse if I had surgery).
I have a wonderful PMD and he is keeping my pain under control (I still have pain in the TKR knee).
One other note, I am not a nutrition expert, but 1,000 calories seems way too low for sustainable weight loss. Eventually your metabolism will slow down to conserve energy and weight loss will stop. Maybe consider something more like 1,200-1,300 calories/day. I am on Weight Watchers at about 1,500 cal/day with about 1-2 lb loss each week. Maybe someone with nutrition experience can chime in here?
Best of luck at your appointment today!
Sandy
 
Rose, I'm hoping it went well today! Please post when you can, you are so on my mind my friend!
 
Hi all,
sorry I am posting so late but got back late from the Dr. Houston we have a go. Surgery will be on March 7. It will be a spinal fusion with rod and screws from L3 thru S1. He will also clean out all stenosis at the same time. Will be in the hospital about 3 days then home with a back brace for about 8 weeks. Give back pain about 75/80 % and leg pains about 90% to be gone.
Really liked this doctor nothing much said about weight but he did want me to quit or almost quit smoking so I will be working on that for the next few weeks. So I am happy with the results today,very amazed how they take care of everything Pre-op testing, a cardio test, an added x-ray(already done). He really explained the surgery to us, and what to expect for post-surgery. Hubby and I both really felt good when we left. Will let you know more when I find out more. Have another appointment next monday to sign papers for surgery.
 
Thanks for the calorie info Sandy. I believe you are correct about the numbers. I lost about 9/10 lbs and that is were it is staying. So now that this Dr. is not making it such a bid deal I am letting up a bit on it and not worrying so much about it. I will still keep trying to lose the weight but in a much different way, just that at the moment I really can't get any exercise to help with it. I have been able to ride the stationary bike a bit but not for very long. All I can do is my best and they will just have to like it.

Thanks so much for the thoughts Tashia.
 
:yay: :goodpost: :ok: :yes!: :yahoo: :egypdance: Yay Rose, I am sooooo happy for you! Whew what a relief! Giving up smoking is a tough one to say the least, I gave it up in my early 30's so I do know it hard! It took me three tries before I succeeded, so I do wish you the best my friend!:thumb: You must be one happy little chicky!
 
[Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary
[Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary
[Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary


I am so happy for you, Rose!!!! I feel like jumping for joy myself----and just may when I get off this computer. You'll need to start a thread about your back surgery in the Social Room like Jerseygirl has for her shoulder surgery, 'cause we are going to want to keep up with you through it all. Gosh, I am just so pumped for you!!!!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My 2 Year Anniversary
 
Thank you all for the cheers and support.
In reading up today about the surgery and post-care it looks like I'm in it for awhile, just like knee surgery says look at a year for complete recovery and 6 mos to return to "normal" what ever that is. At least I have had some practice, back to the patience I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom