Guest viewing is limited

TKR My 2 Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe Rose, I pray to God that's back of yours gets taken care of real soon!:angel: I know when your in pain it's hard to have a bright outlook, it feels like you have blinders on and all your focus is on pain! I know Thursday won't come soon enough!
I'll keep you on my mind and in my heart my friend!:console2:
 
Thanks Jacky,
With all the BS support I have been getting it sure makes waiting a bit easier. I really appreciate all the good vibes from everyone.
 
Well tomorrow is the BIG day with the neuro DR. Wish me luck. I have been doing my homework on-line looking up all the indo I can find. The one consoling thing I have come across is that the surgery I might need (who am I kidding know I will need) can possibly be done endoscopically, but since I have so many areas not too sure about it. Well tomorrow will be here soon and my appointment is early, 10:30am, I should be able to get back to all of you after I get home. Will report then.
 
Good luck Rose! I hope whatever method he/she uses, it will be done quickly so you can move on! I'll be waiting anxiously for your outcome!:friends:
 
Rose, it is good to see you back on the boards! I am two months ahead of you and remember you well. I am sorry to hear about your back. I hope that all goes well tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You know it just seems that we no sooner recover from one thing....another pops up! :hairpulling:.

I just had carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand and will have my left done as soon as I can. This was a very easy surgery and recovery, thank goodness. :thumb: Next month I will have a biopsy, so there seams to be no end to getting old. :yikes:

:friends:
 
Thank you for the well wishes and prayers, Mimi. These re supposed to be the golden years, well the only thing golden is the linings of my Drs. pockets it seems. I have had back problems for years and steroid injections were doing the trick, well the last one didn't work at all. As a matter of fact it seemed to get worse, so my PM dr. sent me for an MRI and told me to immediately make an appointment with a neurosurgeon, surgeon being the operative word here. I would just like to feel good for a little while, now that the knee feels good something else has to hold me back. Very frustrating.
I've not really left but was not posting in my own thread, but I have been reading and posting on othrs thred when I had something to contribute. Decided to post about this since I felt I needed a little support on this new adventure.
 
Add me to the list of people "also with bad back". Glad that you didn't have to wait too long for the appointment. I hope it's a positive one and that you'll get encouraging news tomorrow. I look forward to reading your report.
 
Hi all,
Well I'm sitting here quite disappointed. The Dr. agreed I have a real mess in my back, he also agreed I really need surgery (HERE"S THE BIG But) , he will not do it now. He says I have to lose 40# in the next 3 mos before he will touch me. Upon asking how he tought I could do that, since I really cannot get much exerecise, he suggested I have LapBand surgery. This appointment was a joke. I know I need to lose weight but not being able to walk for about 3yrs prior to TKR and now this back problem I really don't know how to handle this. I do have an appointment with another Dr. on Feb 11 so I will go and see what he has to say, and in the mean time starve to try and get some weight off.
Not really a happy person right now. Just really tired of having to deal with these Drs.
 
Forgot to mention, when I asked him about the pain for the next 3 mos. he suggested I go back to my PM doctor for that. My PM dr is the one who sent me to this neuro because he couldn't do any more for me at this time. DAH. Any suggestions welcome
 
Awe Rose, how disappointing! I hate when doctors have a stipulation before they will do their job! I pray that the next doctor you see in Feb. will not have such stipulations! :gaah: In the mean time while waiting for your Feb. appointment keep doing some research for other doctors that would be able to see you before Feb 11th. I'm so sorry today's appointment didn't turn out well! :console2:
 
How disappointing and out of touch your doctor seems to be! And unrealistic! Geez!
 
Do call your pm doc, maybe they can at least give you something more for the pain. Will continue to pray for you. Hugs!
 
Aw, Rose, so sorry to hear that! Maybe you need a third opinion?
 
Rose , sometimes people and Dr.'s in particular can be the most disappointing when it comes to compassion and solutions to problems. Lap band may be a quick fix, but does not help you right now. Weight watchers or getting books on healthy eating diets may help. Call your PM doctor and maybe you can get a diet from them. Even with lap band you need to adopt healthy eating habits. My own PM doctor was quite overweight and had type 2 diabetes She had stomach surgery and totally changed her eating habits and is now such an advocate for healthy eating! Her diabetes is gone and she eats 3 small healthy meals a day and 3 healthy snacks a day. She says everything in proportion and moderation.
I hope you can get some help and answers to the pain you are in and solve this soon. Good Luck :friends:
 
Hi Rose,
Awwwwww, I'm so sorry! I got a lump in my throat when I read your post. I truly feel for you. I'm not sure if you remember, but I was the one that the OS told me to lose 30 pounds. I joined Jenny Craig and did in less than 3 months. I ate 1200 calories a day. You can count your calories and keep at around 1200.
I'm so sorry that the doc made you feel bad on top of already being in pain. Big hugs!!!!
 
I'm so sorry about that. I was hoping for the best. Well What can I say. I was taught when it doesn't go your way, there is a reason. And I might never know why. Im sure you are sad and disppointed. Have you every tried to journal and put you feeling down on paper. It does help to let it out. Maybe you should make a list of what you can and can't do and see whats next. Remember you can always come here and write. Or read some stories. It does help. Please take care and keep us informed.
Tashia :friends: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks everyone for your concern. I am feeling a bit better now. One good thing is that I have had to deal with neuros in the past and know there is no bedside manner there. I haven't given up wll go to the net appointment and see what he says and take it from there. There are plenty more Drs around here to try. Just that my PM had such high regards for this Dr and my research found him to be one of the best with excellent credentials. But as we say here Bonesmarties don't give up and in the meantime I will do my best to try and lose the weight and come up with something to get some exercise that won't be to bad on the back. I am really not a quitter and will keep fighting. Ad we say there are more fish in the sea.
 
Great attitude, Rose!!! Bravo for you!

A pox on that neurosurgeon!!! I'm glad you have another appointment right away. And here we thought it was only some orthopedic surgeons who had that warped idea about losing weight before surgery :heehee: . The idea that you would have lap band surgery for this is beyond crazy. Here's hoping this next doctor has some sense.

Please let us know how you're doing!!! You know we'll be here for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom