Guest viewing is limited

TKR My 2 Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Judy for the suggestion to open a thread in the social room. I will start one soon when I get more info about the surgery.
 
Rose, include me in the cheers for your future. Good luck with the weight, and the smoking... I read a lot without posting. But I hope your surgery goes very well!
 
Rose,

My friend! I am finally here! I am so glad that you found a doctor who will treat you with the respect you deserve! You are WORTH it my friend! Have a great weekend and I will talk to you next week! :happydance:
 
Have a great weekend my friend. Haven't talked much this week have been at the drs all week. Had to go have a stress test yesterday. Passed with flying colors and I didn't even study for it. LOL Will talk with you soon.
 
Hi all,
I have started a thread in the social room it is COULD USE HELP/SUPPORT FOR SPINAL FUSION SURGERY. If anyone has anything to contribute sure would appreciate it. I will be posting there as things progress. Thanks for being good friends, I can use all the support on this I can get. I will be checking in on both threads as things start to happen.
 
Hi all,
Just dropping a line here to say it is only 8 more days until surgery and the nerves are rearing their ugly little heads. I had to stop all arthritis and blood thinning pain meds as of this past Monday and boy do things hurt. I have discovered that the left knee is getting pretty bad and I really didn't feel it before. ( does this stuff never stop) Really can't do anything about it right now, will have to wait until I can start meds again after surgery, sure hope it holds out. It does seem like it is more the pes anserine than the knee joint itself (I sure hope so) don't know if I even want to think about more surgery right now.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, this is really going to be a big one this time. I sure can use all the support I can get.
Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and I will keep you posted as things go on.
 
Aw Rose I'm so sorry you're now felling pain in your left knee as well as everywhere else since you had to stop all you pain meds!:console2: That is the pits, because it seems when they make you give up what pain relief meds you take, you are at your wits end with pain while you're heading toward surgery!:hairpulling: It's like a double whammy of anxiety and pain! You posed the million dollar question my dear ( does this stuff never stop), I'm afraid I don't have the answer, my friend, because every time we fix one thing, another one pops up!:headbang: This aging business is not for the weak, that's for sure! You know if I knew this was going to happen when I was younger, I would have had more fun, been more carefree and gotten into a heck of a lot more trouble!:heehee: Now the only thing I can do is join the "Bad Girl Club" on this forum, and to tell you the truth, they're a little too tame for me!:loll:

I went with Norm this morning to get his epidural and the doc had two spine sections on his table, and I picked them up and examine them, and I realized that both of them where relicas of fusions, one was of the lower spine, like you are getting, actually it looked pretty kool, the plates and screws where a lot smaller than I thought they would be! I really think you will get a lot of relief from that and you WILL get your life back my friend!

Stay well, try and stay positive and hang tough my friend, because "When the going gets tough, the tough get going!" and you my friend are one tough cookie!:thumb:
 
Thank you for the kind words Jacky, you always seem to know just what to say.
I feel like an old car if you fix the alternator the carburator goes then the next thing and the next thing.
As the song goes "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" pretty soon I should be Hercules.
I am just going to take things one at a time, guess that's the only way to do it. (really don't want another knee done though) At the moment I can only THINK about being in the Bad Girls CLub.
Thanks for the info on the plates and screws, I had visions of them bringing in a crane to put them in.
Hope Norm made out okay with his EPI. I posted on your thread about it.
 
:rotfl: Love the old car analogy, my windsheild wipers went a long time ago, my headlights are sagg'n, and my bumper is dragg'n, so now everything under the hood is rust'n up!:yikes:

Holy, moly a crane!!!!!!:thud: Maybe a Tonka one! Naw only kidding!:console2:
 
Jacky,
I love your description. One good thing is the engine is still running very well had the stress test last week and the old ticker is in great shape. Thank the lord.
 
Just dropping by today to say goodbye and see you later. Don't know what kind of time I will have tomorrow to post. Surgery has been delayed for a few hours on Thursday from 7:30 to 11:30 thank goodness. I would of had to be at hospital at 5:30 now not until 9:30.
Go for one more blood test tomorrow to type and screen my blood in case I should need a transfusion. Then need to get the last minute stuff done around the house, etc. Should be home on Sunday or Monday and will try to catch up with everyone after that when I feel up to it.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers while I am away.
 
Rose, I do sent you many prayers my friend and I'm keeping positive vibes for a great outcome! I will PM you in a moment!
Stay well and stay positive my friend! :thumb:
 
Just dropping a line to let everyone know I am now home and have posted in the Social Room. Today is working on getting on a good pain schedule, which may take a bit but I'll get there and a lot of resting. Really hard to do anything else right now. Hope everyone is doing well since I have been gone. Will drop by once in awhile, can't sit for very long. so they will be short and seldom drop in for now. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers they really helped me get through this one, it is a tough one.
 
Aw Rose, I hope you can sort your meds and get them to work for you properly! You poor dear must be in a lot of pain and discomfort!:console2: (((((HUGS))))) my friend!
 
Happy Easter to you too Rose! I'm glad to hear from you again! I hope your recovery is coming along well my friend!
 
REcovery is coming along slowly but it is moving forward. I have developed a sciatic type pain down my left leg and am taking muscle relaxers right now for it. Hope it leaves soon because it really hurts. If it weren't for that I probably could start cutting down on the Norco meds but not quite yet. Please say a little prayer that it leaves soon so I can get off this stuff I really don't like to take these meds but I know I need too. Will keep you updated.
 
Much success on your spinal fusion! Hopefully the worst is behind you and the healing is taking place at a fast clip.
That sciatic pain is the worst, I so feel for you! A prayer that it will disappear soon!:angel:
Good healing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom