Guest viewing is limited

Miss Muffet wishes to ditch her tuffet and get mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cynthia777 - :hi: am fine thanks. PreOp next Wednesday. I have typed up my list of questions and will interview everyone. Well they did say to think about anything I wanted to know and make a note. They have said to allow 2 hours ..... Hmm just wondering if that will be enough?!:heehee:
 
Don't forget to write down the answers to your questions while you are there. Just a note so that you can refer back to the list later.

During your pre-op you will have blood and urine tests and most likely an EKG as well. Let us know how it goes.
 
Hi @Miss Muffet, I have just realised your pre op is next Wednesday for your op on the 14th. Mine is today (Monday) for my op on the 18th. Good job I have your copious notes to refer to!!! I will let you know how I go on. We have had the dreaded lurgy here for a week, two doses of man flu (hub and no. 1 son) and no.2 son vomiting. Thankfully I have steered clear of it. Hope you had a good weekend, I find it difficult that one minute I am feeling great, walk with no crutch then suddenly it's as if I have been steamrollered. Also having trouble when I need the loo and a little bit of wee starts to come out before I have managed to sit down. Have you had that? Seem to be going more frequently but not a lot there, although I don't wake up in the night needing to go.anyway, good luck for yourself for Wednesday. :flwrysmile:
 
@shirleyH - hi. Well you're ahead of me and that's great - make sure you give me feedback from your preOp will be really interested to hear all about it. Thank goodness you've managed to get away without catching the family bugs. I was concerned on Saturday that I might be starting a cold again, so I took it easy and it seems to have passed. Completely understand about the crutches/no crutches/pain thing. It must be something to do with the balance of rest and movement - but I also notice that carrying or moving things definitely has an influence not to mention standing for too long. That can be a silent killer!

I do wake early for the loo and sometimes more than once in the night but it's probably because I am trying consciously to drink more. Being dehydrated pre and postOp isn't to be recommended from what I've learned. Have you got some of those extra long panty liners for after your Op? From the moment you decide you want a visit to manoeuvring yourself to the loo and on to it will take a lot longer than we would wish, so as a precaution I've got some.

I have been wondering just how painful being seated on the loo will be - pressing onto a new tender wound? I'll bet someone will jump in and let us know .......

Don't forget to update me on today please. What time is your appointment? Look forward to hearing from you and make sure you get all your questions answered
 
I have been wondering just how painful being seated on the loo will be - pressing onto a new tender wound?
I don't sit on my incision at all. I'm starting to think it must be anterior rather than posterior! I didn't have an issue sitting on the loo but the actual getting up and down was a struggle at first - I had to use the handrail in hospital and then at home I leant on the wall and the side of the bath for a few days.
 
@Zelda, I have toilet seat within a frame so it can be moved if visitors come and an ordinary raised one for upstairs. it's very light and really helpful. Has your left side got any better or is it a hindrance. Did you get automatically referred or do you have to go through referral again? I have to have the left one done later but not got any info yet. @Miss Muffet, I was going to copy and paste all your notes, but thought I might run out of ink!! :snork:. My appointment is at two this afternoon. Been running around like a blue bitted fly this morning, dentist for me and the boys, stage school for Christian, walked the dog, now lunch and off to hospital, then back twenty miles to get christian. Bye bye housework (again). I think I am a bit dehydrated as my legs are a bit snakeskinny. Lots of water being drunk today. Will get back to you tonight. Take care :wave:
 
@shirleyH If I hadn't had the bath to hold onto I would have got one of those frames. My left hip is still bothering me - trying to find the balance of activity versus painkillers at the moment. It's frustrating because it was just as the new hip felt able to stretch out and walk properly. I don't need a new referral and I'm hoping my post-op check up with the consultant next week will also give me a date for the next one. I can't wait! :dancy:
I hope your pre-op goes well.

@dandy_candi I looked at the pictures before and wasn't sure. I didn't mean anterior in that last post - it was lateral and posterior I was looking at. My scar curves back a bit at the top but not so far that I would be sitting on it.
 
@Zelda and
@shirleyH
Thanks for toileting advice ladies

Well maybe I'll find out a bit more at my preOp on Wednesday. The (un)helpful Physio said the only aids I would be offered were a raised loo seat and a bath seat. I would need raised for both up and downstairs and ideally a frame for downstairs. The en-suite one has a good window sill and basin either side and I think I would manage with those - plus I don't think a frame would fit in such a small area.

Re which approach I'm having. The surgeon said I'd have matching scars down the side of each hip. I'm guessing that's anterior or is it antero-lateral? I have a feeling I've got from somewhere I'll be lying on my side so more likely the latter .... As I wasn't in touch with the 3 different types I didn't think to ask any more than that. I'll see if there's any more info I can glean on Wednesday ......
 
@Jaycey - slightly alarmed. Shirley was given Hibicleanse to use on body and hair for 5 days preceding Op, which I read as needing to be "clinically" clean.

I've got my final hair appointment to have highlights touched up 2 days before my Op. I read all the bumph given to me and there was no mention of hair treatments being a "no" ahead of my procedure. Should I check with my OS's office if it should cancel or try and rearrange?
 
@Miss Muffet Please don't worry if your hospital is following different guidelines. Literally every area has different protocols for pre-op. I have never seen anything in any patient literature saying no hair treatments. Plenty of us had our last haircut, etc. in the days before our op. The only cosmetic limit I can remember is no polish on finger or toenails.
 
@Jaycey - thanks for your quick response. It was the fact that there will be chemicals involved that concerned me and thought they may be something that might cause problems? And, yes, you're right I did read the patient guidelines carefully and there is no mention.
I hope this will help others in case they might wonder about the same thing.
(PS - I'm getting fingers and toes de-varnished today!)
Many thanks again:angel:
 
Just wanted to say hello! I've been laying low since the last cancellation, but now we're getting close to our dates!!! I think only 10 days for me? And one less for you :) I hope you're doing well and feeling prepared.


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
Not sure why my signature doesn't stay updated with my new date... April 15th.


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
@Kitsmom I see your surgery date in your signature (Right THR April 15, 2016).
 
Oh good @Jaycey, it doesn't show up for me though...weird!


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
@Kitsmom - Hello! Lovely to hear from you. Legs, toes and fingers being tidied up (waxed, de-polished and manicured) today. PreOp tomorrow. I'll be you're feeling this is SO close now .... how are you feeling? Do you feel prepared?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom