Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Slow and steady. That's the way to go @Mireille
You're doing great!

Now...for Fractured, we may need to go hunt him down.
I wish he'd give us a thumbs up.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday and a great week!
 
Hi everyone. Im just starting my 3 weeks post op and feel so much better. I've been walking with a cane and practicing without it. PT is really impressed with my progress. I can walk with no limp which is really exciting for me. Surprisingly, what bothers me the most is my RTKR. PT is actually giving me knee exercises because that's what's holding me back right now. I'm back on the recumbent bike and it feels great. I hope my TKR didn't get ruined by my hip problem. He thinks I'll be walking full time with no cane by the end of the week. We'll see.

Do you know anyone in particular who had knees done and hip? Maybe they have some insight.

Have a wonderful day my friends!
 
Hi @Mireille !
Wow you sound like you're doing amazing!
I've been scarce lately and now playing catch up and you're three weeks post surgery!
So happy to know you're doing well ---Just don't overdo it!
My sister had knee and both hips done she did say knee was dicey during recovery from the second hip
but finally settled back down as time went by. Just needed a little rest up.
 
Reporting for duty! Yes, 2 TKR and 7 wks out on THR! I have some stiffness in the opposite knee from THR. But, I am riding the recumbent bike and it seems to be getting better. The PA I saw last week thought it could be from IT band. So, I've been working on it also. Hope this helps! The THR has been a piece of cake ( notice the avatar :heehee:) compared to TKR! I've been walking unassisted since week 3, driving since week 4 ( Only waited that long because DH was terrified it was too soon! :umm:)
 
@Mojo333 thanks so much!

@Thesoutherncook Thanks so much for reporting for duty, lol. I really appreciate it. I just entered my 3rd week post op. Third RTHR, due to infection, in 5 months. My RTKR has taken a beating from lack of use. It's only been a year and half since the knee replacement. I just started on the recumbent bike again and bought a knee compression sleeve to help support it while I'm working in my hip. I'll see how that goes. Thanks again for the quick reply.
 
Happy Friday! I graduated from therapy today. A week early. Had a great therapist that helped me tremendously. I ditched my walker and am using the cane. I'm still practicing walking without it but have to get used to the leg length difference. They are now equal so it feels weird. I walked outside with no cane and the therapist for about a 1/2 block but get tired. You'd think I walked a mile. I walk around the house without it throughout the day. The incision looks great and overall im happy with the progress. The were many times that I thought I'd never walk again. It's amazing what the body can withstand. I go back to work on the 4th of September and I'm going back to Puerto Rico for a week to spend time with my family. I expect I'll be caneless by that time. Im feeling extremely grateful to God, friends, family, bonesmarties and doctors who have helped me get through this ordeal. Thank you!
 
@Mireille you sound to be doing so well and walking without pain, fantastic, so pleased. My knee same side also was also replaced poor bodies dont they have to put up with alot!! Have a great time with your family. Hugs and lovexxx
 
@Mireille it sounds like you’re doing amazing! Hooray! Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve checked in. You must be excited to finally be able to look forward. Both to going back to work, your travels, and life in general. It just gets easier everyday. I love my new hip now!! You’ll be there soon!
 
@hipster333 Hey, so glad to hear from you! Thanks so much! Im trying to catch up to you, lol. I notice the differences week by week. Still not glad I did it but I'm sure it will happen someday. Hope you and the family are doing well. Take care!
 
Only one month out from last surgery...and what a long arduous journey you've had.
I know you are tired of recovery by now, but I'm sure you will be happy you did it too...
Hope today is a Good Day!:ok:
 
Last edited:
What wonderful news, Mireille
I'm happy to hear how well you're doing.
Hope going back to work on September 4th isn't too much for you. You'll have to rest up beforehand.
Enjoy your trip to Puerto Rico. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Thanks for updating....so happy for you!
@Mireille
 
@Layla @Mojo333 Thanks! I've been keeping busy and trying to build my stamina. I've laid around for long enough. It will take some adjusting to going back to a normal schedule but I know it will come. Strangely enough, my hip does not bother me at all. The incision looks great. It's my replaced knee that's giving me trouble. It's really stiff so I've been using a knee compression sleeve. My theory is that since I had been unable to walk full weight bearing on that leg, it is stiff due to lack of use. I may have to go see my knee surgeon to follow up since it will be almost 2 years since my replacement. My hip OS checked it out and didn't see anything wrong with it. Told me that it will get better once I'm walking more. I walk without a cane most of the time but when my knee bothers me and I start to limp, I go back on the cane. Have a wonderful evening!
 
:egypdance:Only one month out from your revision and so I think you are doing great!
So glad your hip is not causing g you any pain!
You're body had been through so much..
Onward...use going to keep getting better!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom