Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

Wow! Already using the cane? That's fantastic! I'm in the big group here sending hugs and fervent wishes and prayers that you have the most boring recovery ever!:loveshwr::flwrysmile:

@Mireille I’m so happy to hear your surgery went so well and that you’re home. Hooray!!! It’ll get easier every day now and before you know it those restrictions will be gone. Just remember not to push yourself too hard and ice ice baby.

Thanks everyone! I actually feel pretty good. Definitely sore muscles but taking my meds, walking, resting and icing. The surgeon said I have thick bones, was laughing because he had a hard time getting the stem out, lol. Was very encouraging towards my recovery. He wants me to be mobile as much as I can without overdoing it. Nurse was already here today and PT comes Monday. Looking forward to PT.

I'm so glad your doing well. I'm fighting some BP issues myself. We will be dancing with our spouses soon once again!! Glad you are doing better! I can sleep on my spacer side could you???

@Fractured ICan't wait ri dance and go for long walks. I could lay on my spacer side for a little while but it wasn't comfortable. It felt like I was laying on a rock.

@Fractured The new hip feels great. It feels strong and sturdy. I'm still using the walker most of the time. It's been a while since I've walked unaided so I'm a little insecure with the cane. It's only been a week so I'm not rushing things.

I did have a little scare with a rash around my staples. Started a few days ago. It was itching and stinging. I had the OS look at it first and thankfully it's just irritation and no sign of infection. I was a little hysterical with worry. They cleaned it with alcohol and removed tape residue and dry skin and now feels much better. Using hydrocortisone cream. After an infection like ours, any little thing is worrisome and I wasn't taking any chances.

How are you holding up? Not much left to go for your new hip.

Aww, Mireille
I can imagine it was scary to see a rash.
I'm sure your first thoughts are Oh, No...I can't go through this again.
I know I'd be in there at the first sign of anything that didn't seem normal. Why take chances if they could catch something right away and treat it less invasively. Happy to hear it was a false alarm.

Prayers for continued healing. I hope you have a nice weekend.
@Mireille

@Mireille @Layla I never wore gloved when I worked... But looking through boxes I am now. Also ready we should wear gloves when gardening. I nerver wore gloves when working on the cars but will now! I had more blood work and was cleared for surgery. Just have to take iron pills for a while. After 4 surgeries in 1 year I'm sure I lost a little blood. 30CC's alone from just the last one. But I am so ready to get out of this chair. My wife and I installed our home alarm. She had to place all the door sensors. I had to stand and sit down several times when mounting the control panel to the wall, not easy working while standing on one leg! LOL Everything is a pain in the who haz. LOL

Mireille I'm so happy for you and I hope your chasin yr hubby around the house in no time. Keep me posted 5 more days for me!!!!

@Mireille Just catching up on your really great news! Congratulations! Sending you positive thoughts and prayers as you move through rehab with your new hip. Hope you are dancing soon enough! :happydance:

Hi @Mireille
I hope you're having a good week. Just a boring old recovery.
It's Fractured's big day. I'm so excited for him. For both of you really. It's been a long journey.
Just think how good you two will be feeling by the holidays!
Enjoy the day.

Hope rash is better and you have a peaceful healing weekend:flwrysmile:

Hello everyone! Im starting week 3 post op today. Rash is gone, staples are out and I'm feeling much better. I finally walked outside a bit with the cane and my therapist. Still get tired but I'm not rushing anything. Taking my time and working on getting stronger. Extremely grateful and taking things one day a time. I hope you're all having a blessed day. Going over to check on Fractured and Clodaghov.

:wave:Baby steps lead up to great strides!
Happy to hear positive update!:yes!:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom