Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky;
I had BTKR on May 14th and got home from Hospital and Rehab clinic onThursday, May 24th.
I had some post-op issues with Med combinations and first three days were really rough with no narcs allowed but was using walker by 2nd day in rehab.
My new knees are unnamed as of yet but are being more co-operative as the inflammation goes down. 23 days out from surgery as of today and ROM is 105 and 93. Flexion is 0 in both. Walking (slowly) totally unassisted and driving. Sleeping without meds but still Ibuprofen and Tylenol, for what that's worth.
If the next two weeks show as much improvement, I'm on my way :yahoo:
PT twice weekly.
Sounds like you are performing at optimum levels and your recovery will be speedy.:yes 4:
Just don't overdo it or Micky & Minnie will revolt:tantrum2:
A revolution in Disneyland ? Imagine that.........
Best of luck and a speedy and complete recovery.
Regards;
Thom


Hi Thom! When are you have your knees done? You will sooooo love having them done. When you walk you will not feel that bone on bone pain, and the muscle pain will get better!:thumb:

Mimi, I am so firmilar with that last word in you post! However so far it was before the surgery!:th_heehee: Also as far as a race, I have never done one of those so I won't know how to start one! These babies are going nice and slow! Besides I like Oh Toodles much better!:thumb:
 
Hi everyone, I finally was able to connect to wifi and read the wonderfull post everyone left!
I had a scare this morning, but recouped quickly! I was washing and dressing myself for the first time, i got light headed, blood pressure was 75/40 so they sat me down for a while and I came around pretty quickly!
Around 10:00 PT guy came and got me and he let me get out of bed without assistance! I did some great quad exercises and leg lifts! He's a great gentle guy and great at instructing me on how to do the the excercises correctly!

He had me walk back to my room with my walker, while he got ice, so I then got myself in bed and I was so surprised when I lifted Mickey up into the bed just with my quad muscles without helping him with my hands! :yes 4: In the afternoon he came back and showed me how to get out of bed withou anyone lifting me on either side, then we walk to PT room, but he was way ahead of me, I said, boy your so confident that I'll make it there with just the walker! Yup! He said, I'll meet you there!
He's so gentle and great with his instruction on how to do things right so one doesn't hurt themselves!
Some is painful but not to the unbearable pain point! I felt great after that session! When I had to go to the bathroom after supper while my husband was visiting I did call for assistance, but they didn't have to assist! My husband couldn't believe his eyes!
The PT said this afternoon, you do know that you are doing fantastic, right?
I shook my head, because all my life I never heard such strange encouraging comments. There are men that come here with only one knee done that have tears in their eye when I try to do to them , what I do to you! I have to start with electrode to stimulate the quads, then I use heat and ice to loosen the muscles before I start the work out!
So I guess I am pretty happy with my pain tolerance!:thumb:
Stay well all and best wishes going forward!
 
Dear Jacky,
What an absolute inspiration you are! I know for a fact that I'm not as strong, confident, or pain tolerant as you, but I'm definitely taking notes on your recovery to help me get through my own.
Happy healing, my friend. You're doing awesome!
 
Jacky, it is soooo good to hear your good news. I hope that your progress continues forward smoothly. :yay: Keep up the good work!
 
Jackey,

Congratulations on your fantastic progress!:yahoo: You are doing great and I am proud of you!:biggrin:
 
Jacky, I'm so happy for you, you are doing just great! I'm glad your PT guy is so nice, it makes such a big difference. Mickey & Minnie must be thrilled too!

Nyland, don't doubt yourself. You'll be surprised at what you can do, I know I was.
 
Well done Jacky, upwards and onwards !
I am counting down the hours till I go in tomorrow (7th) and am determined to be as positive as you.
See you all on the other side, best love and thoughts to everyone else scheduled for my big day and beyond !
Vivien xx
 
:wow2: :flowerysmile:

Fantastic post and so happy that all is going well for you. I want to model your recovery when my next knee needs to be done.:friends:
 
Thanks everyone for your rooting me on! I really don't know where this energy is coming from, but I do hope it keeps up!:thumb:

Vivien, never doubt yourself, you will do great! Focus on a future without pain and that will pull you through any hurdle you need to concur!:friends:
Enjoy your nite, nite time while they give you your new knee!:sleep:

Nyland, you will be so happy to get this part behind you!:thumb: Everyone is so right about the post-op part being the worst part!:scratch: Not knowing what to expect IS the worst thing to deal with!:skeptical:

Enjoy your day everyone, I couldn't have don't this without all your great input! It's great to belong to such a great family!:grouphug2:
 
Hey Jacky, great to catch up on your progress, I am thrilled you are doing so well. :)
 
Jackey, WOW! you sound like me---so I know you're doing really well. (Us old broads seem to do better than the young ones, but don't tell them:wink1:) And men sometimes make the worse patients and have no patience either.

You went into this with such a positive attitude--knew what to expect--and just believed that everything was going to go just as it should. I was like that. And it's really worked out. So just keep the same mind set as you progress from day to day.

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Thanks so much Sandy, I must say, I can't believe my lucky stars!:thumb:
I know it's a lot of work, however so many people put lots of work into it as well, but don't fair as well!:hissyfit: I must say though, I have a crew of helpers that are not afraid of giving the pain meds at least 1hour before they get you up and have PT time! :yay:

Judy, we are "old broads", but tough old broads!:biggrin: I think at an early age we learn that no one is going to do it for us, so we give it what we got and go for it, but we are smart enough to know that if we push too much we'll set ourselves back and it will take longer to get where we want to be and that is for me, in control of myself again and of course have fun!
The positive attitude I developed in my early teens and have kept it ever since! I did notice that the people who were going through tough lives seemed to have the most positive attitude! If anyone doubts that a positive attitude goes a long way to recovery should take a look at the young children with cancer and when talk about their affliction, they have a positive attitude in their voice and are always looking on the bright side, one day at a time! Their diagnoses is never sugar coated, it is always straight up, and they deal with it with a positive attitude! We all can learn so much from these little people! They are my real heros!
This morning while going through my PT, I said ouch at one point, then out loud I said, what the heck did I say ouch for I didn't feel pain just discomfort! What actually happened was that an image of a young child going through chemo flashed in my head and I thought to myself, come on, that didn't hurt!:blush: this is where I get my inner strength!:thumb:
 
Dog Lover, you will have your own positive attitude that will be your guide into your healing process and I do wish you the best in your recovery!:friends:
Every time I go to PT, I thank my lucky stars that I did both at the same time, because now they are healing together and equally!:biggrin:
 
Jacky, I'm so happy you are doing so well! I'll get there eventually. I never thought I'd I'd be excited to get to use a bedpan!
 
:hysterical: Janet, you are tooooooooo much! You have absolutely made my day! Now if I could only make yours by twitching my nose and making everything perfect.

Take care--
 
Janet you are a whoot! Wait until you get you first shower! OMG,:thumb: the only thing is it!s kind of difficult when some one has to watch your process while you're in the shower! Ugh!:rolleyespink: No privacy! That's where my free spirit ends! I seem to be developing a bad habit. I seem to get low BP every time I do something new!:rolleyespink: so we are working with the BP meds!

I hope all is well with you! Bed pan is not an option for me!:no2:
 
Jacky, glad that you're doing wonderfully, and the kids are cooperating. How are things going in Rehab? We'll look forward to hearing your stories about Mickey and Minnie -- and YOU.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom