Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! Keep us posted on Mickey and Minnie when you're able. But your first job is rest, ice and elevate. :)
 
Jacky, you didn't post today. Hope you just got caught up in the post op and getting along. Hope you are getting some rest.
 
Congratulations on your new arrivals! It is like having new babies..patience and disturbed sleep but they eventually settle down...babies and knees!
 
Hey Jacky you've done it! Sounds good so far, take it easy, be kind to yourself. Look forward to joining you on the 'other side' later in the week :thumb:
 
I am so glad to hear about you knees. mmm Does this mean when i get my new knee I will have to name it. But my other knee will be so angry becasue it didn't get a name either. what can i say but hope you the best and I will be joining you soon with a new knee. Take care and be careful and don't let the children have any fights. you do know kids how they can disagree. :th_heehee:talk to you soon with the new news.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Tashia, you could name them both now so the first one doesn't go nameless and start acting up, Just to show the other one who's best! You know how kids are!
Yesterday, day 2 1/2, I walked all the way down the hall up to the window around 9:30. When I got there, about 75' and one person being at my side and with a walker, another hanging back with a chair just in case I need it they said, you could sit down for a while before we head, i said i don't need to sit i'm not tire or shakey, we can just head back, they called me a show off! I was not tire or shakey and it felt good to stand and walk! What they didn't know is that I Hate getting up from a sitting position, that hurts especially Mickey, so I guess he will be my trouble child!:th_heehee: I guess one must have one of each, just to balance oneself! They called me a show off and I said, noooooo, I just educated myself through BoneSmart.org and I bought the book, Knee Replacement and Rehab by an OS and a PT, sorry I couldn't remember their names, and I did all their excersizes and took their advice. Around 2pm I did the same thing only this time I only needed one person, no chair behind me, but yet again she asked me to sit, then we'll head back, I said no need to sit I'm ready to head back, she said,really? I said yup, let's go for it!:biggrin: when we got back to my room the guy that held back said, I told you she is a show off!:th_heehee: they then did the ROM and Flexion, ROM Mickey (left) 84, Minnie (right) 90,
Flexion Mickey (8) Minnie (4) she said that's good because we don't let anyone out of the hospital until they have a ROM of 80 or better! So I am off to rehab today! :yes 4: Oh yes did I forget that they added another pain med Saturday, 15 mg of MS Condone(sp) i was just taking 4 Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) which wasn't cutting it! Proper pain management is the key to being able to do more! Then I iced, legs elevated, and rest, rest, rest!:secretaea: I remember hearing or reading all of this before and man were they right!!!:thumb: Thanks BoneSmartie Family, I don't believe that I would have gone this far and with my sense of humor intact!:grouphug2:
 
Jacky, you are an inspiration to us all ! I have only a couple of days to go now (RTKR Thursday 7th) and I am determined to be as positive as you are. I read your posts with such admiration and I have my whole family deciding on names for my new babies too. By the end of the year I will have two new shiny knees and am sooo looking forward to christmas and being able to do things without having to look for the nearest chair.
Congrats to you and your little ones and with your attitude I am sure you are going to have a troublesome free recovery.
See you on the other side.
Vivien x
 
Good morning Jacky! I'm relaxing with my allowed cup of black coffee this morning. A beautiful day here. So happy you are getting on so well thus far! I hope your transfer to rehab won't be trying, but I imagine it will be tiring. It seems so soon to be leaving, but I guess that's about right if you are doing so well! I hope you settle in well to your new temp home, that the staff is kind and the food palatable.! I can't believe I'm going today!
 
Vivien, wow you're having both of them too! When is your second one going to be done? Trust me if you are having both done this year you DO have a sense of humor!:biggrin: As far as my recovery, come what may, I will fight each battle as they come one day at a time! :thumb:

Good morning Janet! I so wish you success with your surgery and recovery!:thumb: You'd be surprised what you can do when you're on the other side! Just the thought of having that part behind you is so uplifting!
I took pictures with my iPad, of my knees before I got them operated on and this morning they took the wrapping off AND WOW, what a dfference even though there is still swelling, I think there is less swelling than berfore the surgery!:biggrin:
Janet, you Are going to love the other side! I can't wait to hear from you! Best wishes my friend! :friends:
 
Congratulations on your new arrivals ! Micky and Minnie, I like it.
Glad your post-op went well and sounds like you are doing very well.
Haven't decided what to name my two additions but cool idea !
Good luck on your recovery.....
Slow but sure and DO NOT OVERDO IT !
Time is on your side...........
Regards
Thom
:thumb:
 
Jacky good to hear your report. Just remember that is is not a RACE but a RECOVERY. Slow and steady will win this one with your knees. If you overdo, Mickey and Minnie will tell you and it won't be OH TOODLES, it will be OH **#$%%&$#*!!!:rolleyespink:

Take care.:friends:
 
Hi Thom! When are you have your knees done? You will sooooo love having them done. When you walk you will not feel that bone on bone pain, and the muscle pain will get better!:thumb:

Mimi, I am so firmilar with that last word in you post! However so far it was before the surgery!:th_heehee: Also as far as a race, I have never done one of those so I won't know how to start one! These babies are going nice and slow! Besides I like Oh Toodles much better!:thumb:
 
Glad to hear you're doing so well. Mickey and Minnie seem to be coming along nicely! Try to listen to Mimi - take it nice and slow. And remember - being such a show off makes the rest of us feel inadequate :th_heehee:.

Seriously though, you truly are an inspiration and if I do half as well as you are doing now I'd be very happy. :flowerysmile:
 
Great update, Jacky! I know you are loving Minnie and Mickey! You sound a lot like me in being able to walk and not needing to sit down and not feeling shakey. And yes walking does seem to make the knees feel better---and getting up is kinda "teeth gritting".

The truth is us "old broads" seem to be able to handle all this much better than the young ones.:th_heehee: And we are more likely to really follow the BoneSmart mantra and not get so impatient about everything. And having a positive attitude and a good sense of humor goes a long, long way!

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Way to go Jacky, now just enjoy being pampered and taken care of by your family. All you have to do is make sure Mickey and Minnie stay happy. :thumb:
 
Jacky,

So glad to hear you are getting along so well so soon. Keep up the good work and before you know it you willbe heading home. Just remember slow and easy, and that you and no one else is in charge. Get some rest whie you can. Good to hear from you.
 
Way to go Jacqui can't wait to hear more stories of Mickey and Minnie. I can't wait until I'm where you are. What an inspiration. :doggieshmooze:
 
Jacky, sounds like you are doing great! Thank you for posting, my time is only a few hours away. Won't be long and I will be on the other side.
As far as the twins, girls are usually faster to do things ;-)
 
Hi again Jacky, my surgeon said 3 months after the first knee was done he would do the other and I never found out which knee he was doing until my pre op assessment on 30th May lol. Its my right knee which is going under the knife first and its getting to the point now where apprehension is being replaced by impatience. I cant wait now.
Good luck to everyone else that is a June Sunbeam, I know I have three others that are with me on Thursday, jmps, bassplayer and gamecock.
See you all on the other side xxx Vivien
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom