Bilateral TKR Michael Reed's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael that sounds exciting... very interesting job you have! I too am facing getting back into the office hopefully next week... I have been working here at home, which has been good, I still get in my PT and I work out in my pool most days.
Sitting for more than 2 hrs is hard, I get uncomfortable so it is a reminder to get up and move around...
Will you be flying to your destinations? Is there a concern with the limited seat space and flight length for you at this stage?

oh and what is Lortab? I am weaning myself off of the percosets and have been using Advil, not quite cutting it, is Lortab perscription?
Congrats on your progress!
 
Yeah I'll be flying to each destination but I don't see that as being an issue. I will plan on getting up and moving around at least once during my flights just to get the blood flowing. Even before my surgery I was flying and would have the same uncomfortable feeling that you explained above from sitting for too long due to my arthritis so I am accustomed to doing this.

The job is interesting but can be pretty mundane at times, though this is a new position for this company and I am going to be building things from the ground up which excites me and should keep me on my toes since there is bound to be issues that arise. I'm excited and just ready to get back out there.

Lortabs are Hydrocodone and Tylenol, so kinda like Percocets but instead of Oxycodone it has Hydrocodone in them. They are not as strong as Percocets and still require a prescription since they are in the same classification as Percocets.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Michael Reed's Recovery
Michael! New knees, new job, getting back to real living, and having a great recovery at the same time----am just delighted for you. Don't get too carried away with the new job and the traveling---but I know you know the mantra. Enjoy everything to the fullest!!!!!!
 
Well I am a week out from hitting the road (6 days to be exact). My first trip takes me to just outside of Des Moines Iowa. I am both excited and well excited. Can't wait to get back out there and as the title of my latest blog states, Back Into The Game.

Things are continuing to improve and I have been making sure that the casinos that I will be traveling to have a fitness center so that I am able to at the very least get on a bike and get some work in while on the road. I'll probably be the only one from our crew that will be getting up early to get in a workout before work actually starts around noon every day. Hope everyone is having a great week and has a great weekend.
 
Good Luck Michael! Travelling can take a lot out of you, heck working takes a lot out of us! I came back into the office this week and worked a full day Wednesday then went to PT, had a rough session (they bent my left knee way too far for my comfort while measuring!) But I was in a lot of pain that evening from just overdoing it... I thought I was super woman getting back to real living a little too soon! Needless to say I ended up only working 4 hours yesterday at the office and went home, today we shall see how I am doing but I don't plan to be here past 6hrs... after all it's Friday! :cheers:

Don't forget to pack your ice packs with you! :-)
 
It sure can, I used this past weekend as a trial since I was going out of town to watch some hockey with friends. Ended up driving 6+ hours on Sunday along with all the walking that surrounds going to a sporting event. Luckily I didn't feel bad that evening or the next day, besides having my feet in shoes all day (I really do hate shoes).

Hopefully this will be a good sign of things to come for my new adventure.
 
Not sure what has happened but I woke this morning with pain in my right knee. Didn't think much of it and didn't even look at it until I went up the stairs a little while later to put some clothes in the wash. I felt pain in that knee again and when I got upstairs looked down and noticed that it was swollen. When I got back down the stairs I immediately broke out the cooler and ice pad and got the cold ice water flowing over the knee. Hopefully it's nothing and the swelling goes down, not really feeling any pain when at rest and only notice it when going up or down the stairs.
 
Well all that driving could have a teensy weensy bit to do with it! But ice and stuff is the best thing, well done! You're just barely 12 weeks yet so expect some swelling at odd times for quite a while yet. But all normal and perfectly okay. You've done well! :thumb:
 
I would take that as an explanation if I have been in my car since last weekend. Honestly I haven't left the house since last weekend so who really knows. Just hope it calms back down before Thursday when I am flying to Iowa for work.
 
Oh I got that wrong then! Indeed, 'who knows'- these knees can be capricious things sometimes!
 
Good news is that the swelling went down pretty quickly with the icing, just a minor bit of pain remains when I was going up the stairs to get my laundry (thankfully I am done with that).
 
Michael...We have the same surgery date...Dreadful July 25th..I have another friend on here same day...That is wild.. I still have lots of swelling and redness..Coulnt imagine hopping on a plane.....
 
Plus Nyland....all 3 of us... U guys are both doing better than me..boo hoo for me..my age on here is wrong.. I am really 60, not 64.. I signed in thru Facebook and I think I must have put that wrong date... Well hope you have a great nite..both of you...
 
Awwww, Karen, we are just healing at our own pace. We will all end up in the same place eventually. HUGS!!!
 
Just ask Nyland, I have progressed much faster than her and she was looking at me the same way you are both of us. I actually amazed myself and didn't expect to be hoping onto a plane in less than a week let alone doing so to go stand on my feet for hours on end to make some money again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom