Guest viewing is limited

THR Me2 and Recovery

I wanted to add a little proof of my "dancing" with my little ones but still can't figure out adding pictures on computer so I have to jump to iPhone.
[Bonesmart.org] Me2 and Recovery


Best wishes all!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Fabulous 5 week update....love the photo of you dancing with the little ones..you're amazing! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great photo Sheryl... These active little ones will keep you moving x
 
@Me2 Look at you! You are doing great. I am so glad to hear it. Love the photo. You are blond in that pic. I wasn't sure it was you! You look fantastic. Keep dancing, my friend!
 
Wow. You are doing fantastic. I am at 6 weeks and have tried alternate legs on the stairs. No good for me. Loved the photo of you dancing with the kids. So happy you are doing well.
 
You are doing fantastic and I love the dancing. You are ready to party!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Debbie @Dmcfad2 -- I decided to "go grey" this year as part of my getting completely healthy. I was so tired of dying my hair for years and had trouble with arguing minimizing drug intervention to myself with my hips when I was dumping so much on my head. I'm still getting used to myself. I should change my picture on the avatar but I forget how. I'll work on it.

Okay -- I did it!
Sheryl
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Me2 I love your picture dancing with your kiddos.
You and they all look so happy.
I hope you get to go horseback riding soon.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!
 
Looking good, dancing girl!! Sounds like things are progressing just as they should.

I have my fingers crossed for your Thanksgiving ride goal - just go easy and let your body be your guide!! I remember during my RTHR recovery I had a 'sit' on a horse, just to see if I could....I just got on, and sat....the horse was stationary - just sitting up there was enough for me - I was so happy I sobbed...and immediately drank champagne (yes - while sitting on the horse!! :heehee: )

All the best, my beautifully bilaterally bionic buddy!! :yes:
 
Greetings to you Jena! Every time I rode last time --- the first half hour from pain from swinging my right leg up and over and then last half hour from pure joy of being up again after so so so long.

Right now we have icy rain forecast for Thursday - Friday plus I had to reschedule my OS visit til the following Tuesday.:boohoo: So, looking right now, I may have to be happy with a glass of champagne up on Storm in the barn for just such a "sit."

Heading over to your thread to see how you are progressing!
 
Oh yes, the sitting is amazing! And the champers ain't bad either!

The same friend who let me sit on her pony last time, has just done me the same favour again today...with a few extras! Head on over to my thread for the details.....I am in total shock, and so, so,so very, very, very happy
 
Sheryl, I hope you find the time for a "barn sit" over Thanksgiving. And if you do, make sure someone is there with you to take a photo for you to post here! Can't wait to see your beaming smile!
 
Well aren't you the trendy one @Me2 ... as according to my hairdresser friend (AND some mag I read at one of my many Dr's visits in the last few months!) in the world of hair "Grey is the new Black". To be honest I think it really only works for those of us that have been blonde, meaning not me:rotfl: I had blonde streaks put in my hair "back in the day" and my hubby - known for his tact and sensitivity :censored: - asked why I'd go for something that would make me look ten years older! Luckily for me I was only early 30's when he said it, and wasn't so sensitive to looking ten years older and luckily for him I was only early 30's and not so likely to counter with something like I would now, being a confident-woman-in-her-mid-fifties, like "You can talk, you haven't even DONE anything, you just look ten years older", you know, something mature like that:loll:
I stopped trying to curl my hair years ago, for much the same reason you gave up dying yours... I have straight hair, if I leave it be straight it's in lovely condition, cause of much comment (well not so much now, but until I was 50 I could sit on it) the amount of chemical it takes to curl it made my eyes water.... literally, and the hair to be very brittle; I thought "this ain't good". Thankfully you're allowed to have straight hair again now (the first time I've been "in vogue" since the 70's!) though if it goes out of fashion tomorrow, I'll still have straight hair.
Great pic with the littlies, my grandtwins are happy that I'm getting about with them more - I'll be happy when my restrictions are finally lifted and I can really get into it... they won't know what's hit them - SuperNanna:)
Hope you enjoy your "sit" even if it's in a barn:tada: and Champagne's Champagne... wherever!
 
My update is a wee bit late as I have not allowed myself anything but peeks at BoneSmart . . . . I was really looking forward to my time off for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I have a huge grant project due Monday morning that I have not been able to get to . . . something about working twelve hour days and sleeping 10-12 hours -- this recovery process, you all are familiar with that got in the way of getting this grant paperwork together and now, oops, its due Monday or forget it. But, I've got to squeeze in a few minutes to share with you . . . its Sunday morning and I've been patient . . .

Okay, folks, for the big event . . . at 44 days post surgery, that is 6 weeks, 2 days . . . I CAN

[Bonesmart.org] Me2 and Recovery


Yup, I went up to barn for just that "barn sit" since I hadn't gotten my surgeon's blessing yet, and I was almost able to get up without a mounting block. I was completely able to swing my leg up and over with NO pain---it was heavy but I did it - from a bag of bedding AND I was sitting so comfy and sat right down in the saddle! Like @Meggzie tears a falling, grinning like a monkey . . . (my son so alarmed, "Mom, you ok!?!). Well, barn sit was not enough for me! With a horse very impatient for his morning hay, I headed out of barn. Oh, Jena, you are so right. I really really was able to move with my Storm. So smooth! However, we just didn't do the planned walkabout! As I said, Storm wanted his morning hay and to stay with his buddies in his nice warm barn, so we did a lot of dancing as well as few small bucks as we sloshed through the foot of muck in the paddock kind of riding! BUT I DID IT through tears and laughing. Never in my wildest dreams . . .

Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And just because I need to and didn't do it but have noticed such huge changes at 6+ weeks, I can also
  • go up and down steps easily albeit a little slow
  • cross both legs over (one at a time)
  • put socks, shoes, and boots on without too much struggle, some even easy
  • tie said shoes
  • sleep on both sides
  • walk fast and smooth and even
  • sit at computer doing grant work . . . so not really . . . ug, it hurts to stand up and first few steps . . .
Back to work I better get . . . but there really is so much more I can do but . . . the best is life is getting so back to normal!!!
 
Well done @Me2 ! So happy you finally had your first ride!
 
So glad you got that ride in @Me2 :loveshwr:and as for all your braggin' about crossing legs and sleeping on your side and all that "no restrictions" showy off stuff.... I will choose to quell the rush of jealousy and say I am very glad that you can do all those things - it gives me something to look forward to:fingersx: I CAN walk pretty fast and smooth, so that's something:tada:
Seriously, it's good to see that you're getting your life back, after all that's what this whole THR process is about. I am SO with you re the getting-up-after-an-extended-sit thing.... those first few steps:groan:just try doing them without grunting, I dare ya:loll:
Happy number crunching:cool:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Me2 and Recovery
@Me2, so pleased that things are slow but surely getting back to "normal" and that you are well on the way to being able to really enjoy your life again. When you consider how long it took your hip to need replacing, it's just amazing that full recovery only takes a year.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
@Me2, your early Christmas gift!! Congrats!! So thrilled for you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom