THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Hi @Mayhip8 ! So sorry you are suffering, but thank you for posting this - it's exactly the kind of message that those of us who are about to have the op need to hear. Wishing you rest and healing for the remainder of the day. Love the card by the way! :snork:

:hi:It may take a bit to get back on track, but you have a lot of folk pulling for you!:yay::yay::yay:
Proving to ourselves, and others, that we can get back on our feet in short order and rush this recovery along is indeed a bad idea. Thank you for stressing this.

Your positive attitude and resilience will see you through.
Measure your progress by week to week, vs day to day and all will soon get back on track.

Healing mojo coming your way!:console2:

@Mayhip8 that card is fantastic and brought back memories reminiscent of part of my husbands speech at our wedding when he uttered those words in front of my family!!! ( boy was he in trouble afterwards bearing in mind I'm Italian so you can imagine my families response!)When I was at the pt last week he actually said it was a good time to start massaging in the bio oil and I've been doing so since the weekend. The scar hasn't disappeared yet (teehee). I'm proud of my scar and it goes with my others as I've had 2 c sections and had a radical hysterectomy so have a nice crisis crossed stomach so this jousts enhances the look I think! I'm presuming from your oil comment you enjoy oils and possibly aromatherapy? I'm a crystal fan and use them to lift my spirits, as well as decorate my house and fo believe they keep me positive on the whole. I only use essential oils with a vaporiser but do enjoy the aromas they produce. Let us know what you treat yourself too and just to add the massaging just feels comforting so it is a nice little ritual.
You take care today and make sure that you do rest and stop googling! I'm getting that really good picture from you and @ahipgma thst nurses are really naughty patients. I should give you lines but I suppose you're already in detention somewhat!
I'm going to pop out for a costa this afternoon and then put in some nap time. Have a peaceful day my lovelies

Oooh, just finished watching that! Let us know your theories on the ending!
I loved it!! Wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone but I thought it was well written, thought provoking - explained the other episodes well, imaginative, unpredictable and I wonder if on any tiny scale in the big scheme of things it reflects out universe?!!! :what::unsure:

Well, Ladies,
Trying to pop in before bedtime (notice I dont say sleep time because with us you never know) for our UK ladies because it's late afternoon here.
@ChrissyW I love to shop in any way shape or form. I bought harem pants last week, they are very in, and dont hug an incision and cause irritation. They are black and white and a very soft material.
I think with sleep, sometimes after a bad night or two you sleep because you are exhausted. It has been kind of cyclic for me that way. I'm now able to sleep on my non operative side with pillows in front behind and between the legs. Tried the operative side and oh gosh the incision pain! Not going there for a while yet.
Love shoes, especially sandals and flats.
Happy shopping!
@Mayhip8, you dont know how I feel for you! All my nurses training has failed me and no common sense when I become convinced that I ruined something by overdoing, I have too much pain for how far out I am from surgery, and my other leg!!! It hurt so much today I almost cried
They encouraged me to do some therapy on that to strengthen it for the next OP but it just made it so sore. The postop hip sore, yes, but leaving therapy it felt stretched and strengthened.
Its all the muscles they moved and cut
Itll take a while for them to mend also they say with a new hip you're able to move in different ways you couldn't with such an arthritic hip and those muscles have to relearn.
I bet that's part of what's happening to you. I am amazed though when I abduct my hip, a move that's excruciating on the other side and it doesnt hurt!!!
On June 13th I will press that OS for a date for the next
When is your date?
I bet a massage of those muscles and the incision would help. If you find a good oil let us know.
My granddaughter is almost 18 months old.
My daughter married a man who came over from New Delhi at the age of 8
He is now 30. So my granddaughter is half Indian and 1/4 Italian (my hub is 100%)
And from me she is,Austrian, French, German and Irish. She is an absolute trip and so much fun. She is coming to stay with me a little while next week--better than any medicine.
I loved your card and no offense.
When going braless my you- knows almost hang down to my hips anyway.
Be good and take care

:loveshwr:@ahipgma absolutely loved your message, made me chuckle and I'm glad you seem to enjoy shopping as much as me. I got me a pair of white harem pants and a pair of blue baggy style trousers ( they say paper bag waist style but really they are just very gathered). I didn't get my costa coffee @Mayhip8 , we got there but it was closed for a refit so that was a wasted journey. I've spent most of the afternoon drinking various types of green tea, jasmine being my favourite at the minute and have had a pleasant catch up over the phone with my youngest son otherwise my day has been exactly the same as every other one and I think I need to find a hobby I can do from my chair. Hubby out for a leaving do of a colleague (I thought he deserved a break from playing nurse and entertainer to his moaning wife!) so I might treat myself to a sheet face mask as there's no one here to scare and the blinds are closed so I won't even scare the neighbours.
Have a good afternoon/evening @ahipgma and to you and @Mayhip8 ( and to myself) let us be blessed with a peaceful, restful night WHERE WE SLEEP (at least for a bit anyway!):sleep:

:SUNsmile:Good morning @ahipgma and @Mayhip8 and anyone else passing by. I had what I can only describe as a better night and even though I did have to get up to move around (and nip to the loo) three times I did manage to get some comfortable sleep in little stages so it felt nice, though I'm not going to convince myself tonight will be the same as the last time I did that I was disappointed. I going with take each day as it comes, small steps and what will be will be as long as I follow the rules where possible.
How did you both sleep? I'm hoping you have got some rest as we mustn't forget ladies it is Friday after all so we need to be fit and well for the weekend (well we can pretend anyway and I could ask if you were out tonight but I think that would be pushing my luck too much!!)
Have a good day ladies and I'll drop by later to see how you're doing:friends::loveshwr:

Good morning @ChrissyW @ahipgma et al
To start on a positive
I took analgesia at 10.30 pm and slept until 23.15 :alarm:
not that I'm clock watching but.... I saw every hour /every 90 mins.. I took to going to the loo just to pass the time!!!
My Unoperated hip was seriously painful! Grrrrrrr
I gave in around 6 am and got up to drink tea and read a newspaper from April !!! Both hips are tight and sore so I'm back in my nest , I've rubbed magnesium spray into to my right thigh to see if that helps the spasm. I used to put magnesium salts in my bath and found it helped . As you noticed @Chrissy I do tend to like alternative' natural ' things like aromatherapy,reflexology,crystals and positive affirmation ( some days are easier than others!!) I rubbed coconut oil and Aloe Vera around my wound last night- at different times- it felt good!
I have amethyst and rose quartz by my bed ( healing crystals ) am using rose oil in the day time small amount massaged into face and neck and a pillow spray /pulse point of calming oils at night. I tend to use aromatherapy assosciate oils and products as my eldest daughter also buys me them for gifts . ( im very lucky) I'm finding it really difficult to meditate though - I just can't stay focussed.
Im so pleased you managed to get some comfort during the night. I did picture you wearing a sheet mask and dozing off in your chair as your husband came home to find you looking pale and papery !!
@ahipgma I feel for you too having pain in your other hip. I know it will soon be mended but it's trying isn't it? The next recovery will be so different as we won't have distracting pain only post op pain.Im aiming for mine at the beginning of August - then I shall heal and dance at my mother in laws 90th birthday party on New Year's Day!! And yes nurses make great patients!! Know far too much and not enough!!! My area is cardio thoracic surgery though I'm in primary care at the mo - so 35 years of experience and knowledge still don't always filter through my own brain- the funny thing is if someone else were asking I'd feel confident in reassuring them!
Your granddaughter sounds divine! I bet you can't wait to have her with you- children amuse and amaze me!
( If their parents are there to do the hard stuff!!!)
So I'm all for donning my imaginary glad rags and going out on the town tonight! I'll be in the salon this afternoon and get my personal shopper to choose my outfit ( and unsuitable shoes) . Shall we meet up at say, 8pm for cocktails and we'll take it from there - we don't need to book tables any where our names and reputation will get us the best seats in the house!!!
Have a fabby Friday everyone- stay safe, stay positive,be kind to yourselves :loveshwr::friends:

@Mayhip8 and @ahipgma cocktails it is and see where the night takes us!!
@Mayhip8 i too have crystals around me at bed time. I have an amethyst orgone pyramid at the side of my bed and a little bag with a small selenium stick for strength and energy ( a great stone as it charges the others continually too) smoky quartz which is for healing and petrified wood for pain. My stones give me comfort, even my students know I use them all the time as I always wear a crystal so they bought me a book for during my recovery which was nice of them.
Do you think we just go to the loo in the night girl something to do because that's what I'm beginning to think. There is absolutely no reason for so many trips other than it being a different set of walls to look at!
Just to confirm ladies I scared no one (except the cat maybe) with my mask and it felt nice and relaxing though the promise of a youthful complexion has not been achieved and the suitcases under my eyes are ever present. We better make sure we don't clash or wear the same outfits tonight!
Happy day my lovelies xx:martini::curtsey:

Happy day to all @Mayhip8 and @ChrissyW

A beautiful day here after so, so much rain, sitting on my back deck enjoying the sun! So glad to hear about some restful sleep though truth be told I don't know if I've slept the night through in years because of menopause, hot flashes, bathroom trips, achy joints so nothing new.

I was in so much pain after physical therapy yesterday I am wondering about how long to continue it. I am doing gentle exercise and walking. I keep hearing @Josephine in my head and her precautions. Yesterday's pain made a believer out of me.

Just trying to be a good patient so my OS knows I am ready to get my second hip done.

I am a devout Roman Catholic and our sacramentals, medals, rosaries, are kind of like my crystals I guess. They bring me comfort and I like to have them around.

Got a PM on Facebook today from my cousin who saw my hip surgery post. She had her hip replaced 2 days ago by the same surgeon, same hospital on 5/29. I called her and gave her all the encouragement I could. Gosh. 2 days out! She will be 65 soon and is pretty healthy so her recovery should go well. I preached patience:bored:.

My husband suggested out to dinner tonight and I jumped on that!! Virtually after I will be on our night out for cocktails!!! I haven't had a face mask or anything but will bring my pretty painted toes and my flowered cane! We'll be like the Sex and the City gals out on the town tho a little older and slower
Who cares -:martini: we won't after a couple of cocktails.

Have a great rest of the day!

Hope you enjoy your Festive Fantasy Friday, ladies.
Remember...no :martini: and :driver:
:heehee:

@ahipgma do enjoy the meal and @Mayhip8 and I will get you a cocktail in! Perhaps we can be the re make of sex in the city because who knows Carrie may have needed her hips doing too! My mum was a devout RC and I've kept her many rosaries. She often prayed to St Pio or padre Pio as he was then, as do many Italians.
Have a wonderful meal and we will be waiting, glasses in hand! Xx:martini::cheers:
PS @Layla do feel free to join us :heehee:

@ahipgma have a lovely meal and time with your husband I look forward to your colourful presence along with @ChrissyW and @Layla ( who I feel will be the sensible one?!:heehee::loll:)
I'm having a pre- night out rest after a productive day of feeling more confident and less pain. Watch out virtuality - here we come! :martini::egypdance:

Oh gosh we actually sound like are on the upswing ladies so @Layla please so join us as we need a foursome for being sex and the city ladies
I want to be Samantha because I think I am the oldest like she was and if you saw the series I think her "hip exercises " were more fun than the ones I'm doing "ahem":snork:

I confess .. I didn't really watch SATC :yikes::yikes: @ChrissyW @ahipgma however Malono shoes and cosmopolitans sound like a decadent mix so I say yes! I must say ladies you are looking particularly amazing this evening. Is that a new hip you're wearing? Suits you just fine ! :martini:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom