Guest viewing is limited

THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Greetings @Mayhip8
You sound so much better. It's refreshing to feel your lightheartedness again.
I hope you're able to handle the physical aspects of returning to work. Wishing you strength and comfort as you move toward your next surgery.
Have a great week!
 
Happy Sunday
Or, what's left of it for my UK sisters.
Autumn rolls on, leaves falling, nights getting colder, holidays getting nearer.
@ChrissyW first was is Halloween which was a couple days ago. Ari was a little girl unicorn. At the age of 2 she'll be a little into Christmas, but next year at the age of 3 she'll be beside herself with the whole thing! Remember our kids at that age? She is really into Disneys Frozen so I'm looking for some themed gifts for her birthday ( December 9th) and Christmas.
Younger daughter has a doctors appointment I promised to go to with her, and the next day my hub has his every 5 year colonoscopy (ugh, that prep!) Which he cant drive after so I have to get him home.
Going somewhere with my mom Wednesday. Prayer group meet at my house Thursday which I have to run and make a cake for. Friday I have PT myself, which is still helping. So goes my week. I dont understand the folks who say they have nothing to do in retirement.
You have to give us more detail about your trip, Chrissy, and how are you feeling lately @Mayhip8 ? Tolerating work okay?
Is there a trip we have yet to take??? If so I'm ready! Hi from my magic unicorn sweetie!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Mayhip8's recovery thread
    IMG-20191102-WA0001.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 221
Happy Tuesday everybody:yes::SUNsmile:
@ChrissyW I hope your cold virus is clearing up - there is nothing more miserable than feeling under the weather and having to go to work -however I hope you’re getting some good rest, honey and lemon and plenty of Christmas movies instead of lesson planning? It would be good to meet up in person When you’re feeling better.
@ahipgma you are having a busy week aren’t you? we do often hear people say” I don’t know when I had time to work “! and I think that’s the sign of a successful retirement, enjoy every minute- especially this Christmas with a two-year-old Ari Who is the sweetest unicorn!

Well we had Halloween last week and my two went out separately -the boy went to a party, and a girl went out with her girls and children dressed up to ‘trick-or-treat’.
One of us would generally be hovering over the group like a ‘helicopter parent’ but this year they get thsir ‘all hallows eaves’ wings! And again tonight which is bonfire night here so the boy child is going to a firework display with his buddies from the museum, and the girl child is going to her friends for pizza, gossip and toffee apples probably!
I shall be working this evening so will peer Out from the office window as the sky is lit up no doubt.
We have Christmas adverts which started on November 1 here much to my dismay! there is a specific house in our area that will decorated with masses of Christmas lights and decorations tonight! For me it’s far too soon however I love to see my children get excited In anticipation of Christmas. Sadly last year was a washout for me because of an accident and the ensuing discomfort, but even though I am on shift Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (poor planning ) my daughters want to do Christmas at ours with the family and extended family as is tradition.

So that’s the future - as for this week I am on day two of the fast 800 diet. I’m going to do it on a 5 :2 (ish)basis, basically fasting the days I’m not working and eating within low-carb Keto range the days I do work
I had a letter back from the consultant at the weekend he said he’d managed to review my x-rays, in his opinion the arthritis wasn’t severe, and he could offer me steroid injections. I placed the letter in my home office drawer and that’s where it shall stay as I value his opinion. Not. I don’t know why three other experts can diagnose severe arthritis and associated symptoms and another one not even get a full history during assessment And come to that conclusion. Grrrrrrr.....
I’ll leave that there for now!

Where shall we go for cheeky weekend away ?
How about staying in an ice hotel? :ice::ice:Or a sledge journey through snow to see Santa :snow plough: in Lapland? Or pop over somewhere warm like New Zealand or Austraila ?:surfer::SUNsmile:
Which ever it is to be I’m looking forward to the shopping for it, the packing for it, the unexpected journey and transport, and meeting up with you all virtually again. Have a great afternoon and evening
:loveshwr::roseshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::roseshwr:
 
Good heavens @Mayhip8 this same Dr would be the one later to tell you that your hip was much worse than xrays showed. :gaah:

I think you are a very resilient person, I admire how you have bounced back form that horrible consult.
You have motivated me to try that diet. tomorrow :heehee: But seriously!
Best wishes for the remainder of your week.
 
Hey @Mayhip8 Happy Tuesday!
You sound well. I need to look up Bonfire Night as you're the second person who's mentioned it and have now spiked my curiosity. Christmas advertisements starting here also, the stores have the tree displays lit and are loading up on all things holidays / Christmas. I enjoy it, might as well, it's here for the duration, right? I've been watching Hallmark movies getting in the spirit. Do you have them there?

I think your idea of tucking the letter from your Consultant away and dealing with it all in the new year is a good one, as long as you're not miserably uncomfortable. I hope your comfort level is such they you're able to make it through the next couple months and the holidays enjoying the times.

Will be following your next journey with Chrissy and ahipgma, wherever it may lead.

Health and happiness! :)
 
@Mayhip8 can we do a Santa visit please? Sledging with lapdogs and the odd reindeer and tea or hot chocolate with the elves!! Please ...
Cold starting to improve but the tickle cough a pain when you are trying to teach and OFSTED are in!!
Well, I've just had a bonfire night tea and there is some larkin in the cupboard for later so I'm relatively happy. Anyway if everyone is up for a Lapland trip to see Santa count me in with Jingle bells on! Xxx
 
Well hippy sisters good to see you all here.
@Mayhip8 , does this consultants opinion mean you may not have the second surgery?
Not sure how it works over there.
@Layla is right the trigger was pulled on Christmas here almost before the summer was over. I try to sort of moderate it in my mind until later. In my family we don t listen to all Christmas music stations till end of November, for example, though are cranked up and playing already.
No kids at home changes your perspective on magical holidays tho as much as I've gotten to know you, you will enjoy every minute of their fun!! We miss that!!! So so many holiday memz as my girls would say though all three of my kiddos will be in a hospital for Christmas. We'll just adjust and celebrate another time as you are doing!
Hubs had his colonoscopy and when they hooked him up to the monitor he was in new onset a fib!!!! :flabber:He didn't come out of it after so we had a bunch of running to docs to do and now he is on anticoagulants till echocardiogram and event heart monitor on and off. We feel so old. Totally asymptomatic too vital signs perfect but of course I'm concerned. (Sorry for the medspeak but its @mayhips thread so I shortened).
I vote for the North Pole.
Santa, I want a skinny body, and a new hip for Mayhip, and sinus rhythm for my hub, and cleared sinuses for @ChrissyW .....:heehee:
 
@ahipgma even though my boys are grown up and have flown the nest I'm an unbelievable Christmas fan and as you know have been watching Christmas films already. In fact I managed 2 consecutively on Sunday morning! Christmas always makes me feel magical and I'm getting ready to make my Christmas cake next week ( it should have been this Friday but I forgot to buy the ingredients!)
Anyway I think your Santa wish list is good and he may have already been listening as my cold seems to be going, fingers crossed. So lap land and Santaville it is and I'm hoping @Mayhip8 you support this decision, though we shall be making you join us and I'm sure we will thoroughly enjoy virtual egg nog, s'mores , popcorn garlands and some good old mince pies (not made by me as I can't do pastry very well, even when it's pre made it goes hard!)
Love and hugs to allxxx
 
Santa, I want a skinny body, and a new hip for Mayhip, and sinus rhythm for my hub, and cleared sinuses for @ChrissyW ..
Me too!! My hubs is in the same boat as yours. He got the first zap and all was well but our BP monitor now shows the irregular heartbeat is back. Follow-up appointment with cardiologist next week...on his birthday. Still on blood thinners. This getting old business isn't for wimps! :groan: I'm with you all on the festive getaway!!! :yes!: I've still got some major issues with (lack of) strength at almost 6 months...but have an early followup with OS tomorrow so will discuss it with him then. So a vicarious voyage will do me good! I volunteer for mince pie making...I promise it will be zero carb for mayhip. :angel:
 
Mmmmmmmm mince pies ! My very favourite @Calgal I look forward to tasting them
and @ChrissyW I’d love to try your Chrissy cake ( see what I did there!) :heehee:
ladies @ahipgma and @Calgal ! What are you doing to your hubbies to get their hearts a fluttering?????...:angel:.... I hope it settles soon and they both feel well - getting old sucks!!! Don’t do it!!!!:old:
well I’m just in from work and will definitely agree to the Santa Spectacular virtual vacation .. I feel glitter and sparkle and snuggles and silliness maybe sledging and ski-ing !
Have a peaceful sleepy comfy night
sweet dreams of festive fun :loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr:
 
What are you doing to your hubbies to get their hearts a fluttering?????...
Well, after a new hip all sorts of activities that were previously kaput are now possible!! :giggle:. What do you think @ahipgma?? Seriously, who knows. Perhaps it's their little hearts tired out from worrying about us for so long.
 
Well I'm planning my packing. Snow boots, onesies chunky knitwear earmuffs and mittens! Shall we have marshmallows in our hot chocolate when we get there or a nice warming glug or brandy (in the chocolate!) I'm hoping Mrs Claus also has some mulled wine and chestnuts for us in our cosy log cabin ( just like in all those films I watch) I'm hoping we might even see Rudolph while we are scooting around on sledges or can any of you drive a snow bike thingy? Xxx
 
There is splendid drink that I discovered in my travels to cold climes that should keep us warm on our sleigh rides...it's called a 'snowshoe'. Peppermint schnapps with Wild Turkey whisky on the rocks! Nummm. :cheers2:
 
Good evening ladies :loveshwr: , it’s icy cold here tonight and there are still fireworks going off around the area to celebrate Guy Fawkes’ Night,

My hubby and son are away for the weekend at some Airplane Modellers type thing so big girl and little girl are staying with me and we shall have steak and salad for supper. This diet is fabulous by the way! I appear to have lost 5 lb since Monday and I haven’t felt hungry once. I haven’t had any sugar, cakes ,biscuits, chocolate ,bread, or wine.:martini:
however I intend to have those virtually in Lapland.

I will wear a snuggly winter jumper knitted in Cashmere and alpaca wool, alongside A pair of black sparkly skinny jeans.( I am falling around laughing at the thought of me in skinny jeans - well it is virtual after all ):heehee:

I hope the elves meet us at the airport and transport us on the sledge type thing to Mr and Mrs Claus’ home
By the way I’ve arrange for Daniel Craig to drive it so hold on tight!

I think it’s also good that Michael Bublé will once again come to the rescue and set up stage with his welcoming Christmas songs.
I look forward to that welcoming drink of hot chocolate with Amaretto in, topped with marshmallows, lashings of squirty cream, and freshly grated chocolate.

I hope they have nice restaurants in Lapland what sort of food will we eat,?
@agigma @Calgal @ChrissyW
:happydance::egypdance::loveshwr:
 
@Calgal we can't risk Rudolph or his relatives! I can only think of Christmas cookies, candy canes (though I don't like mint!) and lots of sweet goodies prepared by Mrs Claus but with the exception of Rudolph I'm up for trying more or less anything! Mr buble (I can't do accents on my iPad or at least I don't know where to find them) sings lovely Christmas songs so the weather outside might be frightful but inside it will be so delightful so if we've no place to go (while on our virtual vacay) let it snow, let it snow let it snow! Xx
 
Hopefully we can have a sleigh ride and the sleigh will have lots of bells on it.
We'll have to get bundled up to go out in the crisp cold air!!! I'm sure we know some Christmas songs in common...we can sing as we jingle along.
When we get back to the Clauses they might have hot chocolate with Kahlua, one of my favorites. And what about some Christmas movies. Our customs include " Charlie Brown Christmas" on Thanksgiving night to kick off the season, and my hub and I always watch "Its a Wonderful Life" during Christmas week.
My daughters and I always watch" White Christmas" for a girls movie. I'll bring the DVDs. As its virtual, I'll bake the cookies, @Mayhip8 , all calorie free! We all fit into sparkly skinny jeans on this trip, with cozy cashmere sweaters.
In non virtual.life, I'm flying south to stay with my girlfriend of 50 years on Monday, no flight is direct so I'm flying north to fly south, totally crazy. The flight leaves at 530 AM so of course I practically have to get up in the middle of the night to get to the airport and through security in time. My first real flight with my new hips! Well see what happens...
Love and warm hugs....:snow plough:
 
There definitely won't be a shortage of ice in your surroundings, ladies, when it becomes necessary to ice your aching hips out of the ODIC. :ice: :wink:
 
@ahipgma i haven't seen Charlie Briwn's Christmas film but the other 2 are favourites with me too! When my boys were young we used to put miracle on 34th street on while we put up the Christmas tree. When us thanksgiving? And do all Americans de irate their homes like in the Christmas films, I'd like to think they do. Just like our lodge in Lapland !
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom