TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Bionic woman2, I made brunch today and did a little bit of shopping. I felt a need for some retail therapy today. :sos: We hit Walgreens, Beall's (Florida Department Store), and Lowe's. My ODIC card started creating a ruckus inside my purse so I decided to drive home to elevate. I am thankful that I caught the ODIC card before it made me begin swiping. :heehee: Whew! :yes!: I don't think we have a SYBDS chapter here in Orlando. I guess I haven't been looking hard enough? :rotfl:

Wow! Enjoy the weather. :bicycle1: I wish we could see that kind of weather for more than 3 days a year. :sigh:

I guess I have some laundry calling my name. :eeeuw:
 
daughter stalker

Yea! You sound much more upbeat and ready for the week than you did on Friday!:yay: Even though you rested, you still managed to get out and around, didn't you! Are you ready for Monday? I want to hear about the great day you have tomorrow!

Laundry is the bane of my existence! I abhor doing it. Why is that? It isn't like I have to take a basketful outside and beat them on a rock on the banks of a river! Seems like I always wait until Sunday, then have too much! :headbang: I can be such a procrastinator!:rolleyes:

Guess what. Our air conditioning unit downstairs isn't working. Quit on us a little while ago. It is a conspiracy to make me not sleep tonight so I will be tired tomorrow. :no-fin: The upstairs unit is working but I can't sleep anywhere but my own bed. I can't even sleep on my side, let alone a different bed in a different bedroom on a different floor! Despite this and the incredible humidity, I WILL sleep tonight and hubby will get it fixed tomorrow. At least I am not the hot-natured one, he is. I am regularly sneaking around turning off the a.c. :skep: but it isn't the same when you know you can't just turn it on.

Hope you sleep well and get up happy with your bright, shiny new knee and have a great day educating those inmates! :flwrysmile: At church today, the priest had a special prayer and blessing for students and teachers. I know I will have a wonderful day. Talk to you after PT tomorrow! :dancy: :spin: :SUNsmile:

Becca
 
Becca
Good morning! You are always a breath of fresh air with your sunny disposition. :flwrysmile: I appreciate your encouragement! :friends: It is time to attempt to get ready for that four letter word "Work". :groan:This week is going to be a challenge. I have 28 interviews on Tuesday. :gaah: This is the largest number of interviews since my return. I will have my teacher aide help me do half of them which would still be the most interviews I have done in one day since my return to work. :hairpulling: I believe that I will probably take Thursday off even if it doesn't make sense to me to go back on Friday. My husband talked me into my schedule going this way instead of four days in a row. You will do fine today with the kids. :SUNsmile: All the excitement of the first day will get you through the day. Just be careful and let the kids help you with things. I have PT after work today, too. We can do it! :thumb:

My laundry usually waits to call my name on Sunday. :sigh: Procrastination is my middle name many times.

I hope you slept well! I woke many times last night. One time I got up and ate a banana. I know it isn't good to eat before one sleeps, but... I am guessing it is the anticipation of the week contributed to my interrupted sleep. I've done this before so I know I will survive! I hope you have an awesome day and can't wait to hear how your first day with the kids went!

Have a great day!:flwrysmile:
 
My IT band is quite tight! :sigh: The PT today did a stretch for/on me to loosen it. The stretch didn't hurt. It kind of felt good. When he massaged the outer quad/hamstring area :yikes: OUCH! I almost jumped off the table. He eased off some, but still massaged the area. I felt that once he helped release the area that I would feel better. He put heat on my leg this time. It relaxed my leg some. I've never used heat on my leg/knee. It was an interesting experience. I was instructed to place ice and elevate when I got home. I did as I was told. It feels a little better tonight.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. 28 interviews :sick: I will share the interviews with my teacher aide.

I sure hope I can get some sleep tonight! And hope that everyone gets a good night sleep! Good night all! Ready, Becca, Bionic woman2, new knee in June
 
Yikes :yikes: 28 interviews. You're gonna sound like the Charlie Brown teacher round about number 15. :heehee: Thank God for assistants. Get some rest tonight though :sleep: , because if you're anything like me you're gonna want to do them all. I see you tucked your ODIC card safely away today. Good girl! :yes: I've been hearing about heat lately. I'll experiment with it one day when I don't have anything else on my plate, and my ODIC is locked in a vault.

Wishing you a good night's sleep too. I've been being a bad girl :no-fin: and staying up into the wee hours of the morning. :zzz: Not tonight! I was able to walk up the stairs like a Big Girl today and I want see what else I can get into tomorrow. :happydance:

Nite nite :yawn:
 
My IT band is quite tight! :sigh: The PT today did a stretch for/on me to loosen it. The stretch didn't hurt. It kind of felt good. When he massaged the outer quad/hamstring area :yikes: OUCH! I almost jumped off the table. He eased off some, but still massaged the area. I felt that once he helped release the area that I would feel better. He put heat on my leg this time. It relaxed my leg some. I've never used heat on my leg/knee. It was an interesting experience. I was instructed to place ice and elevate when I got home. I did as I was told. It feels a little better tonight.

I was having those IT issues also. And boy, did it hurt! After a few massages (the massages weren't relaxing at all and :yikes: it was very uncomfy) and doing some exercises to stretch the IT band, it cleared right up. You can also have your significant other massage the band. Let me know if you'd like me to send you the handout with the exercises.

Good luck with those interviews! Let us know how it goes!

Becca
 
Dearest d.s,
Could you please pick-up your presidential, platnum,membership card to o.d.i.c :headbang: I will leave it
In my mailbox :rotfl: time to ice & elevate :ok: &do it all over again.
P.s. becca doesn't want it either :no-fin:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Greetings to all you. It's so fun to catch up on your exchanges! I have been a member of the ODIC since March-I hardly recognize life without being there anymore. No complaints, though. I am full steam ahead.

How did all those interview go? Only 28? Just think, the judges in the Miss America pageant have to do 50! How often can you hear about world peace and saving the manatees? :loll:

BTW, I kind of like laundry. I love seeing the neat stacks all ready for their rightful homes. I remember the days of helping my mom with the wringer washer and then hanging them up either outside or in the basement. I have it made!

Hope you had a great day!
 
Alrighty!!! We got through all 28 interviews. :yay: 11 of them were special ed inmates. I handled the SE inmates. SE interviews take much longer than those who I don't have SE info from public school. I have to explain all of their SE rights and have them sign a couple more papers than those who didn't have services. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to complete these interviews.:scary: Tomorrow will be much easier. Only 5 interviews. I know what you are thinking. No, I can't spread the interviews out. :no-fin: The groups are based on intake for each day. It would take too long to explain.

I came home today to ice and elevate. :) I went in the pool this afternoon to do some stretches and enjoy the water! Made a quick dinner. I did my Mom homework with the papers my daughter brought home for me to fill out and sign from school today. I am now elevating again.

Tomorrow has been my day off for the past two weeks so that I could regenerate. NOT TOMORROW!!! I have a department head meeting to attend. :thud: I will be okay. :thumb: I feel better than I thought I would after all those interviews. :yes: I will take Thursday off instead. I need to be at work on Friday. One of the people in my building is retiring and they are having a retirement luncheon for her Friday.

new knee in June
Dear Diana, you can shred the platinum Presidential ODIC membership card! I really don't want it back! :rotfl: I'm not sure that anyone wants that card. I will probably still be a closet member. :heehee:

I hope everyone gets some great sleep tonight! Take care :flwrysmile:
 
I survived today! Went to work, PT and even took my husband out to eat for his birthday tonight. :) Elevating! :snork: I need to get up and get the cold pack, but I am too tired to get up to get it. :mcoffee: It is a good thing that I am going to be off from work tomorrow. It will give me a good day to rest. I am going to miss my rest days if my OS makes me go back to work full time next week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening! Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Sorry you are so wiped out, but oh, how nice it will be to kick back tomorrow. It was nice of you to take your hubby out even though you probably just wanted to be home.

My "full steam ahead" isn't so smart. I decided it was my turn to do the weed wacking in our yard. Started off no problem, but boy, after an hour that thing gets heavy. We are hosted our church youth group here tonight with swimming, bonfire, singing, etc. It was really nice, but I thought they would never leave--all I could think about were ice packs. We are gearing up to host my side of the family on Sunday. I am hoping it won't be day after day in the ODIC.

I will imagine you sleeping in until 4:45 tomorrow and relaxing the rest of the day. Enjoy.
 
Good morning All! :)

How nice it is to be home today instead of at work :kittykiss: A friend of mine got confused with my change of schedule and sent me a text message at 7:30 am. UGH! :headbang: I am kind of glad that she did. I needed to wake to get my daughter up for school. Did I sleep well last night? NO :sos: I woke many times but didn't want to get up after falling back asleep the last time.

I can't get used to the fact that middle school starts at 9:25 am. I guess it has to do with the school bus schedule. My daughter is in school until 4 pm. Whatever happened to school starting at 8 am and getting out at 3 pm? :what: It sure is a good thing that my husband works from the house and gets her out of the house in time to catch the bus at 8:55 am. Next year (9th grade) school will begin at 7:20 am. I am going to laugh my bottom off and I have a really large bottom to get rid of. :rotfl: It will be my turn to get her out of the house and to school. The high school is less than 2 miles from the house so I will have to take her to school before going to work. Enough about school!

Ready

Please don't pick up my platinum Presidential ODIC membership card! :heehee: I thought new knee in June burned it. Hey Diana! You did burn it, right? Ready is trying to find it. Ready please remember..."It's only a movie. It's only a movie!" Please don't try to imitate. Bionic woman2 may be able to make a better movie reference than I, but you get the picture.

Becca

You must be quite busy. I haven't heard from you lately. :shrug: I hope you are doing well. :)

Everyone have a nice day and stay away from the ODIC! Take it easy and take care :flwrysmile:
 
Dear d.s,
That o.d.i.c card was burnt last night....never to return :yahoo: enjoy your day off, you so deserve it.
Ice & elevating with keep that card out off circulation. Great job on your 28 interviews :rolleyes:
Have a great day,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....taking it slow & easy :whistle:
 
I can't get used to the fact that middle school starts at 9:25 am. I guess it has to do with the school bus schedule. My daughter is in school until 4 pm. Whatever happened to school starting at 8 am and getting out at 3 pm? :what: It sure is a good thing that my husband works from the house and gets her out of the house in time to catch the bus at 8:55 am. Next year (9th grade) school will begin at 7:20 am. I am going to laugh my bottom off and I have a really large bottom to get rid of. :rotfl:
My son and I were just having the same conversation about school times. Apparently things are the same in FL too. He's a senior and he's like,"what senior is going to bed at 10 pm in order to get 8 hours of sleep. :headbang: It's the bus schedule and I think they want them to be able to get off early enough to work a p/t job. Unfortunately, that's NOT an option for him. He has a class schedule like no other, with 2 IB classes. They're the equivalent of college courses, but probably worse because he has 4 other rough classes to go along with them. All of the teachers assign HW, projects and give quizzes/test like they're only ones doing it! :gaah: Being an educator I understand the system and it basically needs to be revamped! Thank God my son has a zeal for learning, he may be a borderline "Idiot Savant"though. :heehee: He's got to be the slowest thing moving in the morning, wait... that's me now, but that's another story.:doh: I'm just glad he can do the work given adequate time and instruction. He confided in my that he was overwhelmed w/all the work, all at once, just 2 weeks into the school year. So it's mommy teacher to the rescue.... "Where's my cape, oh and I need my brain too... It's gotta be in here somewhere." :spin: I'm also concerned about his GPA since he will be applying to colleges at the end of this semester. So, he better suck it up and get it done! :hissy: Seriously, I'm now his designated tutor and HW checker, he's not too excited about the latter. :skep: This is something I did with him from the beginning, but backed off once his gifted classes surpassed my not-so gifted brain. :what: Thank God for Google, the internet and thinking outside the box. We had a great study session yesterday and my natural teaching ability kicked in. Guess I'm going back to work after all. :):yay:

OKAY, that's enough talk about school, but "YOU started it daughter stalker!" said in my Kindergarten voice. :tantrum:

My knees are healing according to plan, I found myself sitting w/my fully knee bent while rested on a bottom on a chair and noticed that there was no pain. I was icing at the time but Heeeeey, it's a start. :cheers:

Oh. I'm saving ODIC card for next week when I go to curriculum night, and trek all over that enormous school. :yikes: Just the thought of me hustling from class to class within 5 minutes, brings me pain. It was a challenge BEFORE surgery. :boohoo: Oh well, it'll be fun. :rotfl:


Enjoy the rest of your day, Hopefully your OS will give you all the time you need to get back to working full-time. :console2:
 
You ladies are too funny! Thanks for the giggles. You know that when you start frequenting the clubs, they give you VIP service--no card necessary. Same with ODIC. You can earn points for free travel.

My kids have one more week before they start school, although my daughter is spending 5 to 6 hours in the pool each day--in the morning and again in the afternoon for the past 2 weeks. My son is the team manager (I think he rather likes being the only guy amongst 76 swimmers). At least getting up won't be quite a shock to their system. (We do have a normal 8 to 3 schedule) I have been going to school when they go to practice. I love showing off how I can walk up and down stairs normally.

Hope your Friday goes well and you don't go clubbing this weekend.
 
Roger, 50yrold, Ready, new knee in June, Bionic woman2, & Becca,

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING TO ALL OF YOU, NOT ONLY THE PERSONS I HAVE TAGGED!!! Another week down! I can't believe it has been 9 weeks since I began my journey! Thank you for sticking by my side and helping me through this marathon! When I began this journey I didn't think I would be able to make it as well as I have to this point. I know that I haven't mentioned everyone who has helped me, but these folks have been there for me and offered encouragement on a consistent basis. Reading through many of the stories has helped me also. Thank you for everyone's stories. It has made me think how fortunate I have been that my recovery has been rather normal and somewhat uneventful. Many of the problems I have experienced have been my own doing (ODIC)!

I so feel for those who are having problems with their journeys and know that I may still have issues/problems that have not arisen yet. My heart goes out to those having problems. By no means am I saying that my journey has been easy or better than anyone else's journey. Thank you all! I appreciate all that I have learned and experienced. It has made me understand that I can't fly through life with fire burning in my hair. Enough of the serious stuff!!!

Oh no Ready, there are points for being a frequent flyer??? Ugh! :headbang: Why didn't I know about this??? Watch out Diana!!! Ready tells me that we may have a VIP membership to ODIC with frequent flyer points. No card necessary!!!:yikes: Bionic woman2 please heed the warning! I know that Becca, Roger and 50 don't have these problems anymore. I will just have to be very careful and watch around every corner to make sure that ODIC doesn't reach out and kidnap me!

Have a wonderful day and weekend! Take care!:flwrysmile:
 
Frequent flyer miles :tantrum: why didn't I know about this :doh: maybe some day we can all fly into
Hawaii, for some r&r & :martini:
Dear d.s.....you & becca have been a great inspiration to me, I followed your threads about going back to work.
You have also supported me in my journey, & for that I thank you :) it,s great to have support from our :friends:
Here at bone smart. Such a great forum.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Remember no o.d.i.c :no-fin: take sometime to relax....
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Okay...I'm not happy now! I think I may have a Baker's Cyst behind my knee. I've been reading the internet again and am self diagnosing! I NEED TO GET OFF THE INTERNET!!! :heehee:

On Monday the PT was massaging the spot right behind my knee and he stated to me that he felt a little pocket back there. I thought it might just be some swelling. It has been bothersome, but I had been ignoring it. Later in the evening I looked at the back of my knee and there was a quarter sized dark purple bruise back there. Hmmmm....I bruise easily :hairpulling: so I didn't think much of it.

I went to PT on Wednesday and the female PT was working with me. She did some ultrasound on it after I did my exercises and told me to watch it. I watched it alright. No change.

The purple was still there on Friday when I went back but it was beginning to lighten up a tad. Not much, but a little bit (just not royal purple anymore). I had the male PT on Friday and he looked at it again. He said that he still felt a pocket back behind my knee where the bruise was. He did some ultrasound again on that spot after my exercises and stretching. My first thought was "OMG I have a blood cyst and he squeezed some of the blood out of it on Monday!" The PT asked when I was going back to the OS and I told him that I was going on Wednesday, August 28th. He placed some Kinesiology tape on top of the bruise telling me that it would help. PT said "Good! (about the Wednesday OS visit) Make sure you tell OS about the bump behind your knee." Like I am an idiot and I am not going to mention to the OS that I have a lump behind my knee??? :rotfl:

It doesn't hurt. It is just stiff and is a little larger than the back of the other knee in the same place. It is still purple. :shocked: I believe this is why I can't straighten out my knee to 0. :cry: Come on Wednesday!!! I can't wait until my doctor looks at it.
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom