Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy,
I just saw my OS on Monday. I wrote down my goals of what I hoped to accomplish, and how I was going to stay calm and focused. Write down your questions so you do not forget any. Find out how to get a hold of the nurse so you can ask questions later.
Good luck tomorrow,
 
I agree with writing down your questions. I hope things go well for you. Please let us know!
 
We are home....just exhausted...Delta airlines had no pilot for plane....so late getting in. New York City just crazy. Mixed bag of news when it comes to what is next for me and I guess what I had hoped would happen and what Dr. Bostrom sees happening.:umm:I will post tomorrow...I mean later today, must get sleep and knee is hurting so bad. Thank you everyone for posting your thoughts and prayers.
Nancy
 
[Bonesmart.org] May Have Loosening Of My Implant!
You're so right, Nancy. It's very hard to think through things calmly and rationally when you're tired, hurting, and not really happy about the news you've gotten. Hope you got the sleep and pain relief you need to, as you said, "process" the information you got from the doc.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] May Have Loosening Of My Implant!
 
Thinking of you! I had total revision on July 30. Still have complications and one more surgery in two weeks or so. Hope you received good news. Sounds like a long journey you have had. Wishing you the very Best!
 
Nancy, what a hectic trip it sounds like. My husb. travels a lot and in the past 10 years he has stopped enjoying it. Flights are cancelled minutes before takeoff, late, etc, and the conditions are not as comfortable as they used to be.
Now it is behind you and you have time to think things over. I hope it is all good.
I will be at HSS this Tuesday hoping for good news (no widening lucent lines on my xray).
Keep us posted!
 
Hi Nancy, we're here to listen when you're ready to talk. And hopefully we can be of some help and comfort. God bless.
 
Hi Bone Smarties,
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. As many of us know not only do we have these knees to deal with but the events that blind side us called LIFE. Anywho....
HSS took xrays of both knees (as I had hoped to have the left knee scoped as it has been painful the last year) RTKR was xrayed and they also did one where both my legs where put into a box and strapped in and I sat on the edge of the table for that one. Any way Dr. Bostrom said no to my left one-we back and forthed over why and why not - said it showed some arthritis but not enought to do anything. But didn't direct me as to what I should try to do. Next the main event. the TKR, well he wanted to look at the report he had before that UMPC @ PITT had on the aspiration. He couldn't find it -I had one, said report was to vague. Another aspiration - this one not nearly as smooth and painless as UPMC - this was very very painful. I only glanced at syringe when done it look like a cherry color and far more of it than the lst one.
Dr. B explained prior to aspir. that as he manuevered my right knee left and right and then did the same with the other - he could not say for certain that there is no infection in my right tkr- there may be infection in there and has been for sometime.
Great - I was stunned. Still am. All this time...almost 16 months. Anyway, he did accomodate us with setting up surgery date ahead of his regular November schedule as he rmembered our conversation on the phone in June that it was very difficult for me to be away from work. So It is set for October 1st - but we will not know for what until the 5 day incubation period is up and the fluid tells the tale. No infection - 2 days stay and it will be scoped/debrided. INFECTION - we all know what that means, and he and I spoke of the total knee revision and a much longer stay and recovery.
So I wait till about Wed or Thursday and see while trying to deal with the curve ball that's been sent my way. I know so many of you have thru worse with your knees and with the events around you, but for now I think I'm just joing to have a pity party:boohoo:
 
Nancy, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I know it's hard to do, but please try not to overthink things right now. You will see a clear path once you know the outcome of the tests. You are in good hands with a surgeon you trust. This is very, very important. I am praying that you have a fast resolution of your problems. Hang in there, hon!!
 
Nancy,
Sorry to hear you had such a rough time, but glad you are going to be able to find out what has been going on with your knee. Hoping for the best for you. Thanks for keeping us up to date.:console2:
 
So sorry to hear your having so much trouble. I agree w/the other comments, you will know more when you get the test results. Keep posting, we want to know how you are doing. Best wishes, :console2:
 
Nancy,

Wait for the test results. Don't let it get you down right now! Are you In a lot of pain? Please take care of yourself and know that we are out here praying for good results from your tests!
 
It is sooo easy to say but wait for test results. We can "what if" forever.
I have had my knee aspirated a few times. Last time doc sprayed with something did not hurt at all. Wonder why they don't always spray? Wishing you the very best! Praying for all good results!
 
Hi All,
Phy. Assistant and I played phone tag all day and as the day went on I tried to focus on my work, but kept waiting to finally connect with her...and I did!! and I DO NOT HAVE AN INFECTION:happydance:What a blessing! So the Oct 1st surgery is still a go in NYC, but he will scope, debride and "in general take a look"! Close me back up, have to stick around NYC for 1 day after release, just in case something comes up and I need to go back to HSS and see Dr. Bostrom.. Yep, I can fly in and back home and oh my gosh Jancat - hotels are sooo expensive-but I think we did ok. My hubby happened to have taken that week well didn't just happen but we had planned to do small vacation as while I'm in the hospital we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (2nd time around for both of us) so don't let those years fool ya...we're a lot older than just say 45! But
he will be with me all the way, getting me to airport and back home and can stay with me a few days before he goes back to work.
Phy.Assit said I will miss about 2 weeks of work, but we didn't touch on if I'll need PT my numbers are pretty good though 0 flexion and 125 rom so we'll see. I have tests that have to be done to clear me, but I was doin' the happy dance:dancy: at the office! This weekend I will be having a birthday too so-I will take stock of my blessings this week and count the members of this forum who have supported me among them.

Thank and now am signing off to go have a brownie and a cup of coffee! And then let my fur balls sleep on my lap for some desperately needed attention.
Nancy2
 
Hooray! No infection! :happydance:

Nancy I am so excited for you! This is tremendous news! :happydance:
 
YAY, NANCY!!!!!!!:happydance::egypdance:Love that news!
SO glad to hear NO infection!
Keep us posted!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom