Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that doesnt seem much??? we are still fiddling with mine to get the regime right, but choosing between Endone, Oxycontin, slow release Tramadol, normal tramadol and paracetamol. Having success with slow release Tramadol, paracetamol (Tylenol), and Endone. I'm not enjoying it when it isnt' controlled - and it doesnt sound to me like that is much pain relief for this early??


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
I'm wavering between a 4 and 8. My OS is off tomorrow but the other surgeon who worked on me is coming.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
maybe ask for some ice? I have ice as well, and although I still have lots of dressing still on, it is helping.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I just had a shower, I'm exhausted now !! I hope they get that pain under control soon for you


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I just had a shower, I'm exhausted now !! I hope they get that pain under control soon for you


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Boy, I wish I could have taken a shower so soon after my BTKR!! I had those nasty sponge baths for quite some time ---and I could not wait to get into a real shower! I am jealous!!

As for the exhaustion, that is all perfectly normal, as your body is dealing with large amounts of energy being spent on the two knees, and the pain meds are also robbing you of energy, too.
 
Good for you going home! It was great to sleep in my own bed with my wife and dogs around me.
 
[Bonesmart.org] May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me


Home sweet home. Recliner is not tall enough to get out of. Felt good to wash my hair!


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
jealous of seeing you at home! Wish I was there! How are you coping now you are home? I have at least 3 more days here - but the hospital and staff are excellent, and I'm getting very good care. A bit homesick but wondering whether or not Id even be able to cope


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I am not resting so much as I feel I should be doing something. Harder to get up and down too without the bed rails.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
Recliner is not tall enough to get out of.
Aha, man's work. Get someone big and strong to put stuff under the recliner to lift it up. Bricks, books, anything. Books work well, I used Encyclopaedia Britannica, no rubbish for me!

I am not resting so much as I feel I should be doing something.
Oooooh no, just lay down until that feeling goes away.

Seriously, as of right now you should keenly, actively, enthusiastically and with all the energy at your disposal* be doing absolutely nothing. Don't peel your own grapes, have someone do that for you. Someone else brings you the TV remote control.



*You of course have no energy, quite right too your body is too busy healing. Takes it from the brain too; aren't those daytime soap plots complicated, who knew?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pt that brought me the cpm said he would like to see me about 85 on the machines in 21 days. Is that pushing too hard? I could bend to 67 by myself the day after surgery. I'm on 45 on the machines today.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
I think that would be ok. I only went on the cpm a couple of times because it flared my back. I was on 50 day 2 and it really didn't feel too bad.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I'm sorry it flared your back up. I actually can relax in it. I feel like I always need to move. Lol. I slept about 3 hours and am now in the short recliner trying to wait out the pain pills.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
yes, I can understand that - I am feeling that need to move. Not worth having a spasming back as well! Dr and physio didn't really mind either way about cpm. Physio has taped and treated my back as well now, so hopefully that will help.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I keep forgetting to tighten my brace straps before standing. That hurts more than a little.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
How long do you need to use the brace straps?
 
At least until Thursday. That will be 10 days.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
msmechanic58. it sounds Ike you are doing great. my pt said don't push it it will come. I did not have cpm so I ask not sure on that. take care. patience is something you will hear on the site over and over. it is too bad I don't have any. however. I am learning
 
I have none either. I also a control freak. Hard to let the knees be in control.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom