THR MaxBuck's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! I will sleep so much better tonight knowing that you and the wife will not be huddling under the blankets and freezing your fannies off. Tina sounds like she is very handy to have around. You lucky man!

I have my own personal golf cart to drive at work every day. I work on a 56 acre campus with buildings spread out far and wide. Used that cart prior to surgery to get around, will continue to do so upon my return. Love taking the corners on that thing.

Great news about the TEDS!

Tammy

BTW: It's tequila that lands me flat on my back :giggle:
 
Damn! Your own personal golf cart! With that great preparation, you stood ready to step up (so to speak) to the challenge of Publix scooters. Hail to the Chief of the BoneSmart (international) Warriors:bow:
"Once more into the breach...."
 
You girls are killing me :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
Max, so glad all went well. I was worried about the trip and your energy drain, but as a fellow warrior you were victorious.

@Damn, well now we know the truth, you are a professional scooter/cart driver, so wonder you could do the wheelies,:egypdance:.
 
MaxBuck. Fingers crossed that the Xrays look good.

How many hours a day can you work before you're totally beat? I can do my job from home -- I'm feeling like I'm ready, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew....
 
Bunnymama, I can pretty much work a full 8-hour+ day, but I'm a "knowledge worker" and one of the keys for me is to stand up and walk around often enough.
 
Ssshhhhhh....don't tell all my secrets. Beth, that was only practice for scooters :)
 
One more milestone: yesterday's walk was 2.3 miles (Google Earth is such a great tool!). Weary but a great sense of accomplishment. I'll try to break 2.5 today.
 
Can't keep a good man down. Look at Max go!!! Could it be girls??? Have we found our first male BS warrior? I kind of think so. Care to join us Max?
 
Milestone today - 3.6-mile walk. The odd thing is that my hip had been hurting all day, but I decided to go out and try anyway, carrying a crutch with me just in case (never had to use it). By the end of the walk, my hip felt a lot better than it had at the outset, and it's continued to feel better through early evening. I've found my hip bothers me most (and it's actually muscle pain in the upper leg) when I sit for too long without moving. You'd think I'd learn ...

Tomorrow will be the last day for TEDs per my doc. Hurray! They've started to get on my nerves.
 
Yay! Two milestones for you Max. An increase in your distance and getting rid of those nasty TEDS. I'm not sure which of those things would make me happier.....tough choice.
 
Another 3.6-miler today, but very different outcome from yesterday: at the end of the walk I was tender, achy and limping. So I took about an hour off my feet, took a couple acetominophens and kicked my feet up.

After the rest, I was recharged and ready to go! Cooked a couple of chicken breasts for dinner (tonight and tomorrow) and hauled in a big-screen TV from wifey's SUV (from my deceased mother-in-law's apartment). Feeling great! I'm convinced that exercise is essential in our recovery, even if we need to rest afterwards.

By the way, I like to walk at dusk this time of year, to see everyone's Christmas decorations. Our neighborhood has a lot of people who seem to want to outdo one another, which makes for great entertainment!
 
Max, you're doing unbelievably well! Your surgery was the day after mine and I can't fathom walking that far yet. Sounds like the weather is hanging in there for your daily walkabouts! :thumb:
 
That's my goal for this week, to get in a good walk every day. Looks like the weather will hold, too.
 
You are doing great Max. I love to look at the Christmas lights too. However, here in Florida it is not quite the same. We have the inevitable palm tree all lit up and it does nothing for me. The best lights I have seen so far were 2 years ago in Anchorage Alaska. There is something to be said for having a white Christmas and having all the pretty lights reflecting off the snow.
 
Christmas in Anchorage! Damn!, you've proven once again that women are much tougher than men. Couldn't get me to go to Alaska in December.
 
Went to visit my son and his new baby (plus his older baby) for 2-1/2 weeks. I had a blast. Got to try out the sled dogs and mushed for a bit. Lots of fun...only problem was that it was dark for about 22 hours a day. That can get a bit depressing, but I had some of the best sleep of my life while I was there.
 
Max, just FYI, when you tag someone be sure and get their user name exactly. Your @Damn did not tag her because she also has ! at the end. When you have done it correctly, you will note that after you Post Replay, the @ goes away, the user name turns to blue and is underlined. For example MaxBuck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom