Guest viewing is limited

THR MaxBuck's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to relax max and make sure to get that x-ray to make sure everything is hunky dory, I fell on my rear end after my op but was lucky to have only hurt my pride :heehee:

Billy
 
:goodpost: and very good news! That's pretty much the way my boo-boos went, and I bet you'll see a real big difference tomorrow.
And your team winning always brings good endorphins.
 
Pretty good this morning, sissy. I'm able to put weight on the leg without pain, but I'm using the crutches most of the time just to take it easy. I'm easing my way back into activity. Hope you are doing well and getting ready to get back into the boat!
 
Max, I'm glad to hear it. I know how scared I was the couple of times I thought I might have done something to my new favorite joint.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'll very quietly say I haven't taken any ibuprofen since early yesterday morning, and sure don't need any right yet. On the other hand, I was a lazy slug yesterday afternoon and today so far. Fixing to go for a walk in while, and we'll see then.

Back in the boat tomorrow:) when it will be a good bit warmer than today.
 
Max, hope your hip feels even better today than yesterday. You had quite the jolt. I've only had a couple of ouch incidents so obviously am refraining from those movements... did you actually finish the lights or are you going to leave them as is?
 
Hi Max, having read the article you referred me to, I'm now convinced that my muscle bone is the result of THR surgery trauma. Unsure what the prognosis is but will start on anti inflammatories

Suggest you have an xray asap

Good Luck
 
dede62, putting up the lights wasn't my idea to begin with. The next time I hear, "Those lights aren't putting themselves up," my answer will be, "Hard to disagree with that. Guess they'll be staying put in the box then, huh?"

:whistle:

(I am feeling much better today. Walking without crutches most of the time, though I'm taking it pretty easy.)
 
You are doing great Max! Fantastic answer to the light dilemma, although next year you won't have the same excuse. You will have to think up a new one between now and then. So happy to hear that you are doing so well without your crutches.
 
Just a quick update. Walking unimpeded again, without pain, and went on about a (slow) 2-mile walk last night. Plan to take a (work-related) trip of about 150 miles round-trip tomorrow. Really pumped to get back to productive activity!

PS - my doc sees no reason to x-ray me unless the symptoms post-impact return.
 
Terrific news:egypdance:
Have a good trip tomorrow, and don't forget to take breaks along the way to move around and stretch.
 
Travel alot for work and am not able to do so yet, please take more time to travel so you can get off the seat and move, maybe it isbecause of my fracture, but I swell up after about 40 minutes in the car. Take it slow
 
Great news! Glad to see that all is well with you. Keep up the terrific progress. We are all cheering for you.
 
Couple more milestones:

1. Able to get my TEDs on all by myself!
2. No need for dressing on my surgery wound - it has completely stopped discharge (got the OK from the doc).

Unfortunately our furnace went out - 27 degrees F today here - and my legs are weary from going up and down stairs to try to get it fixed. No luck; service call went in, and they can't come till tomorrow. :headbang:

At least I'm mobile enough that I can do the stairs, so thankful for that blessing. On to my business trip!
 
Couple more milestones:

1. Able to get my TEDs on all by myself!
2. No need for dressing on my surgery wound - it has completely stopped discharge (got the OK from the doc).
Excellent!
Unfortunately our furnace went out - 27 degrees F today here - and my legs are weary from going up and down stairs to try to get it fixed. No luck; service call went in, and they can't come till tomorrow. :headbang:
NOT so excellent!
[Bonesmart.org] MaxBuck's Recovery
 
Great job Max. I am very happy for you. It is great that you can get your TEDS on alone, but how much longer do you have to wear those torture devices?

Do you have an alternate heat source? I can't imagine not having heat in 27 degree weather. We turn on the heat here when the temp dips to the 50's. Brrrrrr....
 
At least the TEDs will help keep you warm. I hope you also have a fireplace or some electric heaters and electric blanket so you can stay cozy tonight.
On the bright side, you may not need to ice your leg:wink:
 
Bright side here: turns out the problem was a plugged drain in the furnace. Water backed up, which in turn extinguished the flame. Wife got the drain cleaned out and now we have heat. And all is well with the world! Thanks for all the good wishes and positive thoughts ...

Oh, yeah, the business trip went well. Even had the client (his idea) take me around on a golf cart so I didn't have to walk the entire perimeter of his 15-acre property. Pretty big deal, and I still got plenty of exercise.

Final advice: if you can find yourself a bottle or glass of Great Lakes Brewery Christmas Ale, drink it! But only one, lest you find yourself flat on your back for reasons unrelated to your recent THR.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom