Ten weeks tomorrow which is crazy to me! It went by so fast. Sleep is better. I’m taking magnesium at bedtime. It still takes me time to fall asleep (20min to hour) but once I’m asleep, I’m out for 5-7 hours. I wake up for a potty break and can go back to sleep.
Still doing PT but may stop. This is why I’m making this post. Here is what I do at PT. I did this for my first knee almost four years ago and have been doing most of this since my first PT appointment with this knee. I don’t know the names of all the exercises or equipment.
* there’s a wedge shaped piece of wood that I stand on, toes higher than heels. I stretch on that then raise up & down
* next is stairs.
* next is a rolly thing (see what i mean...no names) that I try to balance on while bending my knees. Rolly thing is turned and I go front to back. (This was started probably week four).
* then it’s stepping over a shoe box set on its end (Week four as well)
* leg press
* then its to the table. I sit on the end, with a weight on my ankles (we do both legs) and I go from leg bent to straight. Sometimes, we do straight leg raises and quad sets.
* he bends my knee but stops when I say stop.
* last is the recumbent bile.
So, for the last couple weeks, I’ve hurt more after PT. Last Saturday, we were at our camper, having dinner with our friends and I had to excuse myself between dinner & dessert to go ice and elevate. When I went to PT this Monday, I told my PT about it. He took weight off the leg press. When I went to the recumbent bike, I was able to move the seat closer, which is awesome because that means my ROM is better.
PT on Monday and yesterday, I woke up hurting! Not my knee but both hips and my back! It was so bad that I called for a chiropractor appointment. I couldn’t get in until today....I was better this morning but better after seeing her. I still have that area of discoloration on the inside of my knee that I’ve posted about; she used some type of a massage tool around my scar. She’s hoping that may help my ROM.
I‘m ten weeks post op. Been going to PT 2x weekly since day four. A couple weeks ago I had no PT due to me needing to cancel one and my PT being out another day. I’m scheduled to go tomorrow to my usual PT then next Tuesday to a PTA that I really like. No more appointments scheduled.
Can anyone think of any reason for me to continue? I do have a recumbent bike at home and a peddler at our camper. I know all knees are different but I went to PT for 18 weeks with the first, just because I could but I wasn’t having these Issues.
Thoughts?
Marie