Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

Wondering if you could share the side effects you had with the buspirone, l use that too for anxiety as well as venflexine, just wondering if l too have side effects and don't realize them. l also take 3 BP meds and reflux and cholesterol drugs as well as a bone builder med, and RX iron pills. Honestly, my husband had a kidney transplant and he takes way less meds than l do.
 
@LaJudes hello! I couldn’t stop my arms and legs from Thrashing around and weird vivid dreams. No thanks.

Marie
 
Hi,@InkedMarie … I’m just trying to do a little catching up with everyone…. I’m so sorry about your tooth, & glad you were able to get to the right person & get it remedied. I hope you are resting some & doing much better… abscesses are no fun! Do take care of yourself.
I talked to my sister earlier today, & she will be back in the classroom for a couple of days each week, & she is so excited! She will be 81 next month, & so is retired, but she really misses the kids, she Loved teaching. She will be doing some after- school enrichment, so, as she says, will get her “ kid fix”. Her grandkids are all grown, & don’t live near, so this is perfect for her. Do you work with little kids or older ones? She worked with the little ones, k-2nd grade, as it was a small school system.
I’d think that if your tooth infection were to move to your knee, it would have done so by now. So glad you got those antibiotics started soon enough.
Do take care of yourself, and I’m glad to hear you are doing so well. Yay for working knees!
 
Hi @Catalien45 ! I’m the kitchen manager of a small elementary school: 116 kids! When I interviewed for the job, the Food Service Director told me it’s unlike any school, like a family. She was correct. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t drive almost 35min one way to work.

Marie
 
Being happy at work is so important and a good attitude helps in our healing.
 
Hi, @InkedMarie ! That sounds a lot like the school my sister taught at for years. She & her husband live in a small town in Northern California, nestled in a valley. It’s really beautiful, & they love it there. She really loved working with the kids, & like yours, it was a community, a family. She was so excited to be back, even for a couple of days. She always has a rather large garden, mostly tomatoes & potatoes, & she’s taught me how to cook down my tomatoes into a rich sauce that can be frozen & used later. It’s really delicious in soups, stews, chili, etc.
…..wow! I just had a computer adventure…. When I tried to post this, a window came up citing “ security problems”, & when I tried to follow their instructions, I totally lost your thread! I’m proud to say, that this “ computer illiterate “ managed to get back, on my own! About to start our breakfast after our walk, but, the part of my post here, that got lost: have yourself a lovely, fun day! Your job sounds like fun! I love to cook, & I love kids. They can be So funny! Our grandson just turned 7, we enjoy so very much watching him explore & discover his world. No doubt, you often see this in the kids at your school, and your situation there ( small school, like a family) sounds wonderful. And now, your knees - and hips!… can keep up. Yay!! Enjoy your day. You remind me of why my ( almost 81 year old) sister, even though retired, worked out a situation where she could return, even for a couple of days each week. Loving your job, and your co-workers, is a true gift. Enjoy!!
 
Very glad you got your tooth taken out and antibiotics started. Take care of yourself! :flwrysmile: Those long days on your feet will give your knee something to complain about! Be sure to ice when you can.:ice:
 
It’s hard to believe my left knee is six months old today! It doesn’t seem possible. The time has flown. I saw my surgeon on Tuesday for a post op appointment. X-rays look good...he will see me next April. My scar is still so what red/purple and I’m sure that will improve as time goes on.

Most days, I forget I’ve had both knees replaced. I just go on about my day. The exception is when it’s damp, cold, rainy and sometimes, humid....I turn into a meteorologist!

Marie
 
Hey @InkedMarie, I know it seemed like a long time coming but what great news! It's wonderful when we can just go on about our day. It took me a bit longer than you to to get there but here we are! :yahoo:
 
Hi @InkedMarie , you seem to be doing well! I am also 6 months tkr and also forget I’ve had surgery, it’s so good.
I agree about the rainy days but this seems to be very common.
 
Good morning, @InkedMarie ! How exciting to see your latest post, I was just wondering about you lately. I bet your co-workers & the kids are all happy to see you back. I’ve talked to my sister just once since she’s returned to work, it’s 3 days a week, & she’s happy. It sounds like your recovery is going well. I think you’re a lot like our son when he was a teenager. He played baseball in high school, just a local team ( he was not a “ natural “ athlete, had to work hard, but turned out to be a good player); he had extremely flat feet, so wore orthotics for that, had a weak ankle from a couple of severe sprains, so had to wear an elastic brace for that, and, had had an anterior cruciate ligament badly torn when he was 15, requiring total rebuilding, so he had a very serious-looking brace that he wore to stabilize that! We nicknamed him the “ bionic kid”. He’s 45 now, & that knee does give him a hard time occasionally, but none of his problems have slowed him down much. Now you are on your feet, with not one, but Four replacements!! Maybe we should nickname you the “ Bionic Kid” also! Hooray for you! I’m so delighted to see your latest update & know that you are doing well, & enjoying being back at your job. Made my day…. Congratulations! have a lovely day. (Bet it is beautiful up there with fall days….)
 
This has nothing to do with my knee but no where else to vent! I have a “bad back” aka degenerative disc disease. A week ago tomorrow, my back “went out”. That’s what I say when I do whatever it is that I do, or don’t do, causing pain.

This time, I’m having a thigh problem. Its the front of my thigh, hurts when I get up from sitting and I’m walking funny. I’m limping, sort of a little wobble when I walk. I’ve been taking Aleve but it’s not doing anything. I do have a chiropractic appointment but not til this coming Friday. To be honest, everything hurts: back, knees, hips.......

I‘m Off work on Tuesday, contemplating a visit to urgent care. I can call my primary care but I won’t be able to get in for weeks. I don’t even know if my primary care is who I should be seeing.

Thoughts?
 
I’m guessing your chiropractor is the best option. Can you ask about being on a cancellation list?

I have low back/hip issues, so I understand.
 
Thanks, @Jockette . I’ve been on the cancellation list since last week! In all my many years of **** for a back, this front of thigh thing is new. By the way, I meant to say I waddle, not wobble.
 
Update in case anyone is following along. I went to urgent care on November 8th. left with a script for a muscle relaxant and steroid pack. Went to the chiropractor as well. Nothing helped.

This past Tuesday, I went to my Ortho’s Acute Injury Clinic. They xrayed my right hip and the implant looks good. Phew! They xrayed my back as well and that doesn’t look good. I left with a second pack of steroids & an appointment with one of their back guys. I go early next month.

This getting old ain’t for sissies!
Marie
 
Another update. While my thigh pain is mostly gone, my back is still,bad. I saw a back doc last Tuesday. He gave me a referral for physical therapy and said he was going to try for an MRI. He told me not to get my hopes up, because my insurance has become “stingy” with approving them. Two days later, they call me to schedule the MRI!

I go for the MRI on the 29th. I’ll be happy to get a diagnosis.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom