Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

Hi @InkedMarie :wave:
Looks like you did another TKR, too! I'm about to read your recovery thread.
I'm scheduled for Sept 28. We were recovering together for our first TKRs.
Hope all is well.
 
Hiya @beachy ! I’m almost four months post op with knee #2. It doesn’t seem that long! I hope your second knee goes as well as the first!

Marie
 
Hi Marie, how are you doing at the 4 month mark? That's when I really started feeling good.
You've been busy with hips and knees! With me its shoulders and knees. I need my right shoulder replaced, too.
 
Hiya @beachy ! I was going to update in two more days but I’ll do it now. I’m doing pretty well. My incision is still reddish/purple and I assume it’ll fade. My surgeon gave me a steroid cream to rub it in twice daily.

I generally forget that I had TKR. My only issue is when I walk, the knee “klunks”. It doesn’t hurt but I know it’s there. I wish I could remember if I had this with the first one but I don’t.

I go back to work on September 6th. It should be interesting, being on my feet. The saving grace is that they hired someone to work with me. (I was on my own last school year).

Sleep varies. I’ve suffered from insomnia for ten years. For the last 2.5yrs, I’ve been on meds for anxiety to shut my mind off at night. First was Zoloft which worked but I gained weight. In April, he switched me to Lexapro and I’m now packing an extra 30lb. I went off that and went on Buspirone but I took myself off after week, due to side effects. Now, its my Aleve PM and Trazadone at bedtime. If I sleep, yay. If not, I’ll live.

How’s the shoulder and the knee?

Marie
 
Hi Marie, I remember the "klunking". It gradually eased then stopped. Good luck going back to work. Let your helper help!
I'm having sleep issues, too. Was on Trazadone for 15 yrs. Very addictive. Just medical mj at night now.

The shoulder is amazing! Best thing I ever did. Was very painful for years. Bone on bone and " impressive-size" (doc words) bone spur. All good now. The knee is bad. Put it off too long.
 
It took several years before the red left my incision.
 
@InkedMarie I use Bio-oil it is great for scars, my right knee there is now only 1-2 mini patches of pink tge rest has faded ( I'm 8 months ps ) Try and avoid direct sunlight as the scar area is very sensitive and always use a protective factor 50+ cream if you are exposing your knee outside, skirts, shorts etc etc.
 
With my first knee, I used Palmers. Bought a new bottle for this one and it did not agree with it at all. I have a steroid cream that my surgeon prescribed.

I hate the sun.....I’m always in the shade!

Marie
 
I had my first day back to work yesterday. Seven hours on my feet, no sitting and I did’t think about my knee!

I’ve got an abcessed tooth; on antibiotics and it’s being yanked out next week. Praying it hasn’t gone to my knee. It’s been over two weeks; I assume if the tooth was going to cause an infection in the knee, it would have already done so.

Jaycey Jockette sistersinhim I get notifications via email & I see someone responded here but it‘s not here. I assume it was pulled?

Marie
 
@InkedMarie I don't see anything in your thread that has been deleted. Try accessing the notification using the list on the sight. The bell symbol in the upper right corner of any page will reveal a drop down list of all notifications you have received.
 
@InkedMarie I don't see anything in your thread that has been deleted. Try accessing the notification using the list on the sight. The bell symbol in the upper right corner of any page will reveal a drop down list of all notifications you have received.
It was someone telling me to see a doctor. No biggie. Here’s a screenshot of the email.
530DD510-9A83-4F5C-A6A5-8DFCDF3D6E85.jpeg


Marie
 
Hi @InkedMarie
Glad you are doing so well.
Thanks for sharing the notification....
With some looking about....
Sofiarehan was actually a spammer that was identified and Spam Banned.
That makes all of their posts disappear...
 
My knee has been very sore the last couple weeks. I assume it’s due to the fact that I’m back to work for the last two weeks. I’m on my feet for my shift. The other thing is that I had an abscessed tooth. I’m not happy with my dentist. I went to see him the first time because my tooth felt odd. He did not see anything. Two weeks later, I went back & he did an X-ray. His computer wasn’t working and two days later, I called and was told the tooth in the back, not the one with the problem, had to come out. Luckily for me, my daughter in law works for an oral surgeon and I was able To get in in a little over a week. My dentist put me on antibiotics but it was a couple weeks late.

I go to the oral surgeon and I was correct, the tooth I knew was the problem had to come out, not the other one.

I see my knee surgeon next month, I’ll mention this of course & will hope the xrays show nothing other than my shiny newish knee!
 
Wow, when it rains, it pours! I’m sorry your knee is stressed and your tooth had to flare up. I’m sure you are somewhat babying your knee when you get home from work, it sure deserves it! Hang in there!
 
Hi @InkedMarie
Hope your tooth pain goes quickly now! You’re doing well to be on your feet all day. I guess you just put your feet up when you get home!
Don’t worry about your knee scar. Mine is still purple but I hardly ever look at it and don’t really care.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom