Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

Susie Shoes? I was looking for something on my first knee thread and she was really helpful, along with many of you. I hope she’s okay.

Marie
 
Hi Marie,
I hope you’re having a good week! I moved your question to your thread since the we are allowed only one thread in recovery, unlike pre-op where we’re allowed more than one. I understand you viewing the topic as non related to your recovery, but it’s okay to inquire on your thread.

We miss Susie Shoes also. Last we heard she’s doing very well and enjoying her best life. I believe she has a full active life and sometimes we simply need to prioritize obligations. Thanks for asking.

I hope you have a great Thursday and weekend! :)
@InkedMarie
 
Hi @Layla thanks for answering! I’m doing okay. Sleep still sucks, some days I can nap, other days I can’t. I must have been really exhausted because I went to bed last night at 9pm, I barely remember anything and the next thing I knew, it was 4:30 this morning! I slept right through. That’s the second time in my three weeks post op. Hope the third time doesn’t take another three weeks lol

Marie
 
Wow on the sleep. That’s wonderful! I don’t sleep that soundly for that length of time at five years post op! :heehee: There is normally a half awake walk to the bathroom somewhere in the middle of a sleep like that. Go You!! :wink:
@InkedMarie
 
I have one night of awesome sleep then right back to a few hours in the recliner. I purposely had a busy day; went to the grocery store earlier this morning. I knew we didn’t need much and we were in & our quickly. I did fine but went to the back seat for the trip home.

I‘m having possible urinary issues over the last couple weeks: I have the urge to urinate often, don’t feel like I’m emptying my bladder. Did a little google search and urinary issues can crop up with Dilaudid. I’m off that now, been taking one at bedtime. It’s a possible side effect of Meloxicam as well but not as known. Hopefully this will resolve. If not, guess time to call my PCP.
I got this T-shirt from Amazon!

Marie
[Bonesmart.org] Marie’s LTKR thread!
 
We love the shirt! :loveshwr:

I hope your bladder issue resolves itself. :console2:
 
I had an extra PT session today. I haven’t seen my therapist for week & half and he’s on vacation next week. I made it around on the bike and he measured me at 102. We don’t care about numbers but he wanted to send a current measurement in his report to my surgeon before my post op on Tuesday.

Marie
 
Love the t-shirt, Marie. It seems you’re doing really well.

I don’t want to be an alarmist, only want you to be safe. Consider checking in with your PCP about your frequent need to urinate and the feeling that you’re not fully emptying your bladder because I believe that can also be a sign of a UTI and you don’t want to ignore that.
Wishing you a relaxing weekend. Enjoy!
@InkedMarie
 
Hi @Layla . I have a post op on Tuesday & figured I’d ask him. If he says I need to contact my pcp I will
 
Hey all question. We’ve all seen the posts on people gaining ROM for over a year. Can anyone tell me what applies to extension?

Marie
 
Can anyone tell me what applies to extension?
It's quite normal for the extension to take longer to come back in than the bend. Those tendons and muscles behind the knee are large and take a while to stretch out.
I‘m having possible urinary issues over the last couple weeks: I have the urge to urinate often, don’t feel like I’m emptying my bladder.
Many of us girls developed UTIs after this surgery. I had my very first one about 6 weeks after TKR and then got them every couple of months. I finally ended up going to a urologist. I had been using antibacterial wipes which she said were killing my good bacteria. I've not used them since and haven't had another UTI! If you would like some more info, just PM me.
 
Few days over three weeks. We have a camper on a seasonal site; we call it our “summer estate”. We went Saturday morning in hopes I could spend the night. As usual, I get to where I’m uncomfortable so I’m up and down. Our friends next to us are used to it. They talk while I’m moving LOL. We had our first bonfire of the season, which I was in a zero gravity chair with pillows so I could elevate.

Then came bedtime. We have a sleeper sofa & I bought a mattress pad for it. Not exactly comfortable. The sofa kind of “dips”, right where my back hits. The weird thing is, I slept! I slept on both sides and my back. I woke up a few times to reposition but went right back to sleep. I woke up for the day at 6:49 and my first thought.....camp time! Even when I’m not recuperating from a TKR, I’m always up between 5-6am......except at camp. We call it camp time.

Successful overnight and did me a world of good to feel more normal, for as normal as I ever am!

Marie
 
I had my four week post op visit this afternoon. My surgeon looked at my incision, asked about my pain, eyeballed my flexion & extension. The rest of the visit was spent talking about politics, the price of gas, beer and the formula shortage lol.

I now have a matching set and here I am with my surgeon.

7CED5218-7267-4E49-B481-012DF5070852.jpeg
CCEB52A4-9CBB-482D-ADD6-35A800F445D2.jpeg
 
Nice matching xrays! And! Your surgeon is cute.. :eyebrows:
When we used to tent camp, I would keep my inflatable mattress softer than normal and would sleep so well,, no back pain at all. It was so soft that the sides curled up around me and my husband would tell me that I looked like a hot dog in a bun..
Well, now you know the secret to a great sleep. Glad you had a good experience for your first time out, post op.
 
I’m now 4.5 weeks post op. Time is flying! I’ve been trying to sleep more “normal”, which for me is on my side. Unfortunately, it’s not happening yet. It will....on its own time. The last two nights, I’ve slept better so I’ll take that.

Over the last four days, I feel like I’ve got a vise grip on my knee. I know it’ll get better but it’s irritating. I’ve also noticed that I start getting uncomfortable between 7-7:30 pm. Right now, I’m in my recliner. I’m not comfortable with my legs up on my Lounge Doctor nor with my legs flat. This too shall pass.

I was measured at 106 today at PT, up from 102. If I remember last time, I was slow getting there.
 
106 at 4.5 weeks is not slow at all. You’re doing fine!
 
Agree with @Jockette , that’s not slow at all! I know what you mean about getting comfortable. Sometimes it’s best to change positions every 45 minutes or so as nothing is comfortable for long.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom