Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

You are doing very well! I was catching up with your thread and am wondering if that pain behind the knee cap has eased?

My first thoughts were that some swelling is sitting there, maybe? Hopefully it's resolved now.
 
Hard to believe it’ll be a week tomorrow! Had a rough night last night. Nothing I did helped me get comfortable. Unfortunately, only got a couple hours of sleep which meant my husband got the same :(

My day was okay, not as comfortable either. Still have log leg, so much bruising. Trying to do gentle exercises but very hard to do. I won’t complain too much because I have it so much easier than most.

Marie
 
Those sleepless nights are the pits. Many people decide to sleep in a spare room during this recovery; if possible it makes a lot of sense. Your log leg will magically evaporate when you least expect it, and you'll lift it without realizing it. Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes a couple of weeks, but the one thing certain is it will wake up.
 
Fortunately my hubby moved into the spare room prior to my surgery, it's been 4 months of bliss, king size bed to wriggle, stretch, move about and call my own, but now daily he's asking when he can move back to this extremely comfortable bed haha Fortunately I still have ongoing issues :heehee: maybe in a couple more months, it's bliss having a bed alone as he snores a lot and previously our nights were spent poking each other in the ribs to stop :rotfl:
 
@Sara61, That’s hilarious, I love it!
Many of us would relate to what you said! So there was a slight silver lining to your ongoing issues! I still wish you a speedy recovery and sort out the snoring later.
 
Thanks, all. Last night was SO much better. I didn’t think it was going to be because as soon as I got in bed, the top of my kneecap was hurting! It didn’t last too long and I had uninterrupted sleep from 9:30pm to 3:40am! My husband said I didn’t move a muscle all night including when he and the dogs came to bed!

Today is one week post op. I have PT at 11:30 and at some point, my husband will change my bandage.

Marie
 
B87F5C87-5D38-4C5B-A94C-F0034EF5188D.jpeg
 
Great news that you got a decent amount of sleep! Interrupted sleep is so hard to handle when you already feel bad from the surgery and just want to sink down in a comfy nest and sleep as much as you need.

I agree, it's looking good for one week out. I always hated the yellow scrub and purple-blue lines and couldn't wait until I could clean them off my leg.

it's bliss having a bed alone as he snores a lot
My husband snores horribly loudly-he really sounds like a jet engine, and can be heard for a long way. He has a c-pap but hates to use it. We stopped sleeping in the same room a bunch of years ago as I was tired of getting up as soon as he fell asleep and moving to the couch to try to sleep. Plus, he was always an early bird and I am a night owl, and like to read or watch some TV before falling asleep, whereas he's out as soon as his head hit the pillows, but a reading light or TV keeps him awake and makes for a very cranky hubby. It just made sense for each of us to have our own space in order for both of us to get a good night's sleep.

After this surgery, many couples can't sleep due to the recovering one's broken sleep patterns. Getting up in the middle of the night to walk, sometimes change the ice, maybe watch a little TV in hopes of falling back to sleep, etc, makes for two very cranky people, which then leads to other issues, so separate beds, at least for the duration of the recovery, makes good sense.
 
Ten days post op. Not much new to report. Bruising has traveled down to the inside of my foot; always fun. The most tender bruising is the inside of my calf; yow!

Sleeping hasn’t been my friend. Can’t get comfortable on either side and some nights, not on my back either. I’ll be glad when it’s better.

Our best friends came today for a cookout. It was mid 70’s here today, surprising as it was 31 this morning! I sat outside for hour & half, leg elevated until my knee was screaming so I came in as soon as dinner was finished. It was nice to feel almost normal.
 
Sleeping hasn’t been my friend. Can’t get comfortable on either side and some nights, not on my back either. I’ll be glad when it’s better
Oh, those terrible nights with up and down, side to back, back to side. I remember them well. What I ended up doing was sleeping an hour or two in bed then getting up and sitting in the recliner and falling asleep for an hour or two, then back up in the bed.

It doesn't matter when or where you sleep as long as you sleep.
 
I’m sure you’ve read this before, but here’s a reminder of why you can’t sleep.

 
Thanks Jockette. I forgot about the sleeplessness until I’m right back in it. And I am but I know it’s not forever. Hoping for a better week!

Marie
 
Sunday night, I had the bright idea of not icing in bed. I wondered if it was keeping me from sleeping well. It would typically be on for a few hours. I did sleep better that night and last night so maybe I’m on to something.

Twelve days post op. Had PT today & I graduated to the cane from the walker. Bruising on my foot irritates the **** outta me.

Marie
 
Back
Top Bottom