March Musketeers Reunion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] March Musketeers Reunion!
Or t his one Jo, $79.99. But they don't have a seat...
 
Nor it does! Kinda defeats the object of the exercise then, doesn't it?

And you've learned how to copy and post piccies! Well done!
 
I haven't bought anything like this on Overstock.com but I have to say that i've bought just about everything else! :wink:
 
I can C&P on some things but not always...I wish I knew how to insert or whatever it is called, as when you put "here" and you can click & open the red word "here" and it shows the whole website...

Sorry Alex, didn't mean to hijack your thread...
 
Janet, do you mean create a link? Easy - if you are in the reply section you will notice an icon in the tool bar that looks like a globe with a chain in front of it. First open another window in your browser to open the page you want the reader to access. Then come back to the reply section and click on the globe icon. A popup window comes up. Copy the address of the page want people to access and then paste it in the area that starts with "https://". Then close the window. You should see the link in your text as a highlighted area. Here's Jo's instruction on adding links.

Sorry to hijack your thread Alex. My old trainer role gets the better of me sometimes!
 
You guys are so funny!!!! I do have the walkers you displayed,I also have the one with the seat. The three wheeler is the easiest but I don't want to use it! Having a cart in the store looks normal so that is why I said it would be strange on the beach.:hehe:
So vain I am.....:blush:
I like the computer hints here, I fail terribly at trying to show something! Like U tube or a happy Birthday song..It never happens? I will keep trying...
 
Me too :blush: ! And let's take this "tutorial" to the Social Room! It could help us computer dummies (meaning me :wink:) a lot! Thank's guys. Off to pt now!:wink: I'll post upon my return...
 
SORRY I'M LATE TO THE PARTY!!!! What a great idea for a thread!! :thmb: I got the pm from Alex about it and then promptly forgot - DOH!! Things are going really great - just busy, busy around here. Harvest gets really busy here on the farm every fall & I'm taking over the bookwork/accounting for my husband's business so that's like a part-time job at times in addition to homeschooling and normal household duties.

I STILL marvel at how my surgeries have changed my life - not just physically, but mentally too. My whole outlook on life is brighter. I can go for walks with my family, I can go shopping, I can take care of my home WITHOUT PAIN!! :D I saw my surgeon in the grocery store a few weeks ago and I just wanted to say HEY I COULDN"T GET THROUGH THIS STORE A YEAR AGO and now look at me!!! :hehe:

I'm still working on strengthening and stamina - walking farther, etc. I can tell a difference between my 2 legs, also.....by now the first hip/leg pretty much feels like nothing was ever done to it. The second one I can still feel things - can still be almost tender at times, muscles start to hurt a little when I walk a long way, etc. Nothing major at all but it shows that this is something that takes time to totally recover from.

Wanna hear something NEAT? (I think so anyway) :jump: In January my husband and I get to take a trip to a beautiful beach in Mexico (kind of a business/pleasure thing) and it will be the one year anniversary of my first op!!! I call it the one year hip trip! It's so exciting because I think of how a year ago I wouldn't even have been able to enjoy myself on a trip like that. Another neat thing - I'm not DREADING the holidays with all the extra things to be done. The last couple years I cut a lot of things out that I used to do but it was still just all pain, pain, pain. In fact, when I look back I don't know how I managed to do as much as I did.

Anyway, it's great to check in and see everybody!!
 
Hi, Karen!!! It's so great to hear from you and to know that you're doing so well. That's always what we expect from our BoneSmarties...that they'll heal and go on about their busy lives. But.....it makes a special treat when someone pops back in to bring us up to date. I really appreciate that you took time to do that!!!

Be sure and plan on attending our BoneSmart New Year's Eve party!!!! And stop by before then if you can.
 
Karen, so glad you finally popped in! And it's great to hear how well you are doing! I agree - this surgery is just amazing!

January in Mexico should be absolutely magic! I am so happy for you.

Please stop by once in awhile. All the best to you!
 
Awww, yes please check in.

I think we should ALL have a BoneSmarties reunion at some point in time, a convention of sorts, on a nice, sunny island. I bet someone out there has connections somewhere to organize one with group discounts?

Do you think it could ever be done Jo/Jamie? Wouldn't it be wonderful to finally meet?
 
BoneSmarties have had mini-reunions at various times and places. But it probably will remain mostly a pipe dream. It takes a massive amount of coordination to put something like that together. And then there is the cost....in today's economy, I don't think many people have that kind of discretionary money to travel.

But it would be fantastic and it's great to dream about it. Who knows....maybe one day a BoneSmartie will win the lottery and fly us all to St. Lucia!!!
 
And also, with the economy as it is, a lot of places are hurting and will be very obliging $$$ wise in order to get the business...It may be just a pipe dream but if I win the lottery, my treat!
 
That's true. I think vacation venues are taking a real serious hit with the worldwide economy woes going on. Who knows, Janet....it could happen and we'd have a BoneSmartie holiday. That's certainly a good thought to picture all of us dancing around on the beach somewhere.

In the past we have joked about how bad it would be for the TSA agents if a bunch of us BoneSmarties were together checking in at the airport....it would be one metal joint after another!
 
Karen! It's so good to see you! :ch-w: I'm glad to know that you are keeping yourself busy.

I find that it is really easy to get overextended now. It's such a treat to be able to do things for myself again that I forget that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything. :jump:

I know what you mean about the holidays. I am looking forward to being able to actually participate this year, instead of feeling like life is passing me by. :D

Well, I guess I passed another milestone on Friday. I had my first fall off my bike. :shk: The bike is fine and so am I. :thmb: For all the mountain biking I've been doing, it wasn't even a dramatic fall. I was biking near where I live and stopped for a traffic light. My foot slipped on a wet leaf and down I went... :hehe:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom