Guest viewing is limited

March Musketeers Reunion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really ARE a muskateer, Jackie. You have been through so much, you need the "all for one" support! We're here for you!
 
:agree: with Jamie. Jackie, you were the first person to have THR after I joined this site. You were my hero then and you still are! Hang in there... :cnsl: I know we're all pulling for you and wish you only the best in the future...
 
I want in on the reunion as well, just had my 6 month follow up and everything is in great shape.
My life has changed so much, I able to get around without being in constant pain. I can walk with my dogs in the forest again on uneven ground without a problem.
I'm so glad I had this done and if the other hip decides to give me any trouble at all . . . . :wink:
 
You guys are just the best, thank you so much for all the fantastic support...Jackie
 
It's so funny! At three months out, I thought I was doing great and I would have been happy to live the rest of my life as I was right then. At four months, I was doing even better and I thought that was it. I'm still going along like that, from one month to the next. It gets better and better and I'm still seeing improvement.

Thanks for this comment Alex. I am just at 4+ months and beginning to wonder if that's it for this surgery. I know we are all different in our healing but boy - hearing that it still gets better has made my day! :jump::jump:
 
Hi, Sabine! I'm so happy to see you! I'm excited to see how many March (and earlier) people have turned up here.

Jaycey, I have no idea how long this kind of progress will keep up. I was very athletic before my injury and I'm far from that now. One of the PTs told me that it could take a couple of years to get back to a level of fitness similar to before my injury. So, I think progress can continue for quite a while.
 
I can definitely attest that the progress is an ongoing thing. I'm 2 1/2 years out and I still go backward and forward in my recovery. Perhaps if I was a regular workout gal things would be different. But I'm not. What I try to do when I have a bit of a hurting day is remember that even with natural knees, one can overdo it and hurt if you are not in good condition!

I think sometimes it's easy to focus on the implant that replaced the arthritic pain with no pain and forget all the soft tissue that is still there and vulnerable to strains, pulls and things that can hurt. It's a natural thing unless you are in tip top physical shape! That's what NSAIDS and Tylenol are made for....:hehe:
 
This is a great thread for us 1 month folks to read. My 6 months will be in February so it looks like I will be able to shovel my own snow this year :D......second thought that doesn't sound like much to look forward to. :hehe:
 
Yes Pete - it's a good thread for everyone who has had or is considering THR.

Jamie - yes it's the soft tissue stuff that I am feeling now. I am working out like Alex and the muscles are just now "waking up". Sometimes they are screaming "hello here I am" in the form of muscle cramps in the area. Working through it all though.

Alex - thanks so much for starting this thread. I am enthused again. Off to Pilates now!
 
Hi everyone! I'm not sure what prompted me to check out the forum tonight - but I'm glad I did!

I can't begin to tell you what a difference having two new hips has made - in a nutshell, I have my life back. I am back working full time (had to go part time when my hips deteriorated about 4 yrs ago) - can shop till I drop, and my social life is non-stop! I feel physically strong and energetic again - and it's a wonderful feeling. I've lost almost 9 kgs since my surgery in March - just from being more physically active. :wahey:

I'm making sure I get the most out of every single day because I feel like I "lost" so much time when I was incapacitated and in pain.

I think one of the girls I work with (who incidentally are all a LOT younger than I am) hit the nail on the head a couple of days ago when she asked me what batteries I was running on because I have more energy and "get up and go" than anyone else she knows! :hehe:

This is truly remarkable surgery and for me.......it has worked miracles!

I miss chatting with you all - stay happy everyone, and good luck to those of you still recuperating. It honestly just gets better and better.....

((hugs)) :wub:
 
Hey Peta - so great to hear from you! Sounds like you are just going crazy with your new life. That's just fantastic!

Please do stop by once in awhile. We can all benefit from hearing all the "graduate" stories! :thmb:
 
Hi Peta! It's so great to see you again. You were such an inspiration to me before my surgery and I'm glad you're still out there, inspiring the people around you.

I will be able to shovel my own snow this year :D......second thought that doesn't sound like much to look forward to. :hehe:

It will be fun for the first couple of shovelfuls, just to prove that you can do it. Then... maybe not so much... That's part of recovery though... when your chores become chores again. :wink:

Off to Pilates now!

I've been on vacation from my Pilates class for the last month. My class just started up again yesterday, with a new instructor. My hip flexors were a little sore last night. (I have tendinitis.) I feel great this morning though.

I told the instructor that I'm still recovering from multiple injuries, including a hip fracture. She said that, if I hadn't told her, she never would have guessed because my core strength seems similar to the other students and my flexibility is better than most! :jump:
 
Hi Alex - it's thanks to you I looked into Pilates! It's only a basic class for now. It's given by one of the PT people at the hospital and intended to get attendees ready to enroll in more advanced classes. Most of it is pretty easy for me as I have been doing the core stability stuff for ages. But for me it was important to start with someone who understood THR and my back problems.

I have started moving the new hip in ways I never thought I could - all under careful direction. And I must say that for the first time in a very, very long time I feel like there is a light at the end of this long tunnel. :jump:
 
I'm 18 months now. I'm totally forgetting I ever had surgery on my knee. Gardening, housework, lifting, running up and down stairs, using the exerbike (occasionally :wink:) chasing the cats when they have sussed I'm planning to take them to the vets - you know, all the nice little tasks of life.

An amazing outcome and the recovery was no problem whatsoever!
 
Jaycey, I feel like I get so much out of Pilates. I'm glad you are as well. Now we just need to get the summer people to think about trying it. It's a conspiracy, you see... :evil:
 
Wow I think I almost missed our reunion!!!:hehe: What a neat thing to do!! I remember how the three of were all counting the days and ALL the support we had! I had almost forgot "The three Musketeers" name!!!
I had hope to be working by now but that's out the window so far. I seem to have had a harder time recovering from this surgery then my first. Just the walking any great lengths which I have improved on a great deal this month.

It's so great to hear from everyone and Peta you sound wonderful!!!

Jaycee I get cramps sort of like behind my leg and above my knee??? At least I can reach them now!
Alex it sounds like your in full swing again and thats great!!

So until I find work again I am just being a nomad wandering, looking, playing in the pool and working on my endurance. Leg is still itchy sometimes but other then that I am sooo happy to be out of that rotten pain and walking when I want!!! It's just the little things we take for granted!!!! I truley happy to be independent again!!!

:ch-w: To the reunion and all our bonesmart friends and supporters!!!

Sandy:wahey:
 
Yeah Sandy's back! Two out of three musketeers accounted for! Let's keep this thread bumped so Karen will see it first thing when she joins us again.

Alex - must say I a sore today after Pilates. Not hip pain at all. Something aggrevated my sciatic pain :rant:. Think it was the nerve glides. I am determined to keep at it though. Was back in the gym today and increased the resistance on the abductor machines. I am so amazed I can use the abductors now with NO pain. :wahey:
 
Yay! :wahey: We finally got a little Sunshine around here! Sandy, you know, I'm not working right now either. Sometimes I wish I was, but deep down... :hehe: ... well, it's nice to have some time to finally do the things that I enjoy. I was stuck inside for so long after my accident and I'm making up for that now.


I do hope Karen shows up at our reunion. I know she's busy these days. Her anniversary was yesterday and mine is today. Sandy, I don't know about you, since there is no Sept. 31. :hehe: I guess you can share my 6 month anniversary if you want... :ch-w:

This is also the 15 month anniversary of my accident, so my feelings today are very mixed. I'm glad I have friends to celebrate the good times with... :gphg:
 
You Muskateers are awesome!!! Here's to your positive attitude and the promise of many more wonderful pain-free years!!! :cockt:
 
Hey Alex, I will drink to that!!:ch-w: Yes it's nice to catch up on everything when your not working but I miss shopping and having the money! :rant: You sound like your doing so good!:wahey: And Jayce sorry your pain is bothering you. But I am sure you will work it out!!! Your really so active at the gym!:jump:
So where is Karen?
Jo Running up :nah::nah:and down the stairs???:yrk: I couldn't think of doing that even before my hips were bad !:euw::rotfl: maybe I am just a woose! But I will drink to that too!:nah::ch-w:
I am so happy were all doing so good and getting on with life again. I can't help but feel sometimes when I am walking all alone with no helps and no pain Just how WONDERFUL it is to do this again!! Hugs to All :gphg: And to Jo and her Bonesmart I will forever be greatful:bow::bow:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom