Guest viewing is limited

March Musketeers Reunion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy, it seems like you'll drink to just about anything! :ch-w: Not that I'm criticising, mind you... :wink:

I don't know where Karen is. I sent her a PM a few days ago, but didn't hear anything back. She must be busy, but I hope she's having a good time, whatever she's doing. I do hope she checks in though, because this thread has more "happy" smilies than any I've ever seen!

I've decided to sign up for the local humane society's 5k walk/run. :dogkiss: Before last year I always used to take part as a runner, but this time I'll be at the back of the pack with the walkers. That's okay. The walkers always looked like they were having more fun anyway. :p
 
I was tagged now your it!! Yes I drink to anything these days Lol:hehe: Problem is it's water or soda and thats no fun!!!! But I am a diabetic and now if I have a small glass of wine I get smashed!:blush:

Not sure if you did your walk yet Alex? I have never done a walkor a run but always say I am going to. I think your right about walking though because you have all the time to chit chat and joke. Up front your not chit chatting!!:hehe:

Have we heard from Karen yet? If not it means she is doing great and really busy right?

It all seems so long ago now....the pain, and tears and not being able to do much of anything. Sometimes operations are just amazing when it's all done and over!:D
Let us know how you did in the walk?
Sandy
 
I just love that you guys are staying together as the Muskateers!!! It means a lot to me to see friendships develop through BoneSmart and then continue past recovery. Good for you!!!
 
Not sure if you did your walk yet Alex? I have never done a walk or a run but always say I am going to.

The walk is tomorrow morning. I'm still excited about it, but the weather is supposed to be cold and windy and rainy. I'm not as excited about that, but I plan to walk no matter the weather.

You know, I always had all these things that I was going to do "someday". One thing I learned from my accident is that "someday" can turn into "never" in the blink of an eye. In a split second, I went from being a healthy, fit, able-bodied person to being a disabled shut-in just that quickly. So, I feel a lot more motivated to make those "someday" things happen now, because you never know what is going to happen in the future. Life can change fast...
 
Good Luck on the walk and I hope you don't get too wet or the sun comes out for all you people!!!
Your so right about things changing. I guess that is why they say live today like there is no tomorrow..
There isn't a day that goes by that I am not happy about being able to help myself and get to where I want to go now easily. But...I do still put some things off till tomorrow!!
Good Luck today!!!!!
 
You guys are soooo insporational. My first surgery was March 19, and even with the revision April 6th, I'm really still not able to do much, still have pain, still dealing with the unknown. And Alex, I know you were younger and in better shape that I was but I can't help but feel there is still more surgery in store for me, even though I try to be happy about how far I have come.

I'm lucky to be able to walk with a crutch or shopping cart these days. Sorry if I rained on your parade. I centainly am thrilled for all of your success stories! and wish you folks nothing but the best of everything.
But I'm not giving up, just frustrated and more determined than ever :thmb:.
 
Well, the weatherman says that the rain is going to hold off until this afternoon, so I'm off to do my charity walk.

Alex, I know you were younger and in better shape that I was but I can't help but feel there is still more surgery in store for me, even though I try to be happy about how far I have come.

Janet, I would not agree that I was in particularly good shape prior to THR. By then, I was almost 9 months out from the accident. For most of that time, I was confined to a wheelchair or my bed.

THR was my fourth major surgery in less than 9 months. I know that I have more surgery in my future. That's not a feeling, but a fact. I'll deal with that when the time comes though. Right now, things are going pretty well for me and I'm trying to do fun things, so I'll have something to look back on when I am preparing for and recovering from those surgeries. :thmb:
 
And I certainly wish you all the best and much happiness, and hope that your future is full of success stories!:thmb: You certainly deserve it after all you've been thru!
 
Hey Alex, anxious to hear how your walk went. So great to hear you are doing well!

Please keep us updated. It's like a little ray of sunshine!
 
Well, since you asked, Jaycey... I finished 5th overall and first for my age group. :thmb: The sun actually came out for the walk, but now it has clouded up and started to rain, so we timed that well. I was feeling good afterwards and the walk ended near the local farmers market so I walked down there and bought some food, so I won't need to go to the supermarket this weekend.
 
Way to go, Alex!!! What a healthy day for you....a good workout AND healthy food purchases at the farmer's market! Bonus!!!
 
Yahoooooo! Way to go Alex. That's just the greatest success story. Thanks for sharing. You must be very happy with that result.:jump:
 
:wow::yrk::lvros: 5th that is great!!!!! Youmake us proud Alex!:wahey: So happy the rain waited and I know you are too.
Gee we finally had a farmers market open up here????? Not like I remember, the prices were so high no one was buying much and I didn't. Do I miss a real tomato and things that are right out of a garden....
I still can't walk any great distance but I am beginning to think it won't happen unless I lean on something!!! Hmmmm not sure a grocery cart would look good on the boardwalk along the beach!:rotfl: But to vain for the walker!!! I keep trying though.
 
Congrats Alex, you are doing so well and are an inspiration to all of us who know your story and have been following your recovery..:thmb:
 
Hmmmm not sure a grocery cart would look good on the boardwalk along the beach!:rotfl: But to vain for the walker!!!

Well, surely those aren't the only options for things that you could lean on when you walk. How about a lawn mower? I'm sure the other beach-goers would appreciate that. :wink:
 
You could walk with a bicycle to lean on and you'd fit right in!!! :hehe:
 
Sunshine, I definately have better luck walking with a grocery cart, and move at a pretty good clip! Especially in a BIG grocery store or a Walmart when not crowded. I just walk the aisles!

But I do need to lean, or do better while pushing something than I do on my own. I've actually thought of getting myself one of those rollators with the seat and basket as they fold up to transport, have the seat and breaks, and only weigh about 16 pounds.

I saw them on Overstock.com for less than $80 and they have sales all the time. Also, they only chage about $2.95 for shipping, no matter what you get, and they deliver very quickly.

I don't think rollator's are covered by insurance but I don't know that for sure...
[Bonesmart.org] March Musketeers Reunion!
 
What a great site! I think broken link removed: https://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Drive-Winnie-Lite-Supreme-Aluminum-Red-Three-wheel-Rollator/5274620/product.html is neat, Janet. But it's about $113

[Bonesmart.org] March Musketeers Reunion!
 
Yes, but they are ALWAYS offering discount coupon's for 10/20/30% off. I believe another one begins early in November...
[Bonesmart.org] March Musketeers Reunion!


The merchandice is VERY good quality.

The one I looked at, with a discount, came to I believe $79 and it was made by Medline, a medical supplier that I had previously purchased from while working at the hospital...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom