Guest viewing is limited

TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the well wishes I had a wonderful time with my son and family. I am home now and need to rest up a bit, it is a little hard not to over due and if my dear tired wife was here she would be getting after me @Yorkimom I miss her very much as she encouraged me along the way for both knees and helped me so much. I agree it is not the same with out her smiley personally.
 
Ok @madinana you are getting the look.of.disdain. Mind you I have a leg.size.of american redwood and no movement in foot hey but once a year hey. Ok.stern look on again rest elevate or there will be more darker looks

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thought pop in let you know how I am doing. I am still struggling with knee pain. With the constant weather change warm, then cold it is affecting them. At my sons was sleeping on air mattress and my quads got quite a work out, as getting up was a challenge. I have been off pain pills a long time. I really don't think my right knee has progress to where my first knee replacement is. My doctor reminded me knee no 2 is only 2 months out but seems like a eternity. I know it is one day at a time
 
Thanks for the update. Frustrating how slow this recovery can be, but at two months like your OS said you are still very early in recovery. Impressed you were able to get up from the air mattress at your sons.
 
Shld you be off killers of pain to me its like sitting on a nail and not moving. Oooooops might get hit
 
Air mattress! Up and down! Wow. I just got up and down from the floor last night (am out of town and did rehab ex on the ground) and tough to get up, and I was not even trying to be graceful!!! My second knee is 3 months now, it's going great. Not so much with long term stamina yet but day to day activities are good, swelling slight in certain areas, and, no pain meds. Rehab is also going well. I might try and get outside on a real bike over the holiday to see how that feels. I found whenever I got frustrated like you are now, suddenly poof! I had a nice improvement, and I wish that for you!!!
 
Hi @madinana, hope you are doing well and wishing you a very Happy New Year and a pain-free one. Hope things are going well with you. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc my knees are doing fair. The crazy weather with abrupt changes make my knees ache, along with fussing with my RA. I hope all is well with you and a very happy New Yeear to you
 
Hello @madinana

Just been catching up on the last page or so of your thread. Are you really ok without meds? Even Tylenol? Xx please don't suffer pain unnecessarily. Nothing drags you down quicker. Remember stiffness is pain, I always forget that and then wonder what I've done!!!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. All our decs came down yesterday and I scrubbed that room from front to back! I wouldn't normally take them down this early but I needed to.

Take care Laurie
Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @madinana, hope today finds you feeling better. I know what you mean about the yo-yo weather and the RA. I have been having a time with the RA myself. Areas that did not hurt are hurting now with the super cold weather. Hope both of your knees are doing well and that you are getting plenty of rest. Thank you for the well wishes and hope you have a great New Year with good health and healing. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27 I am doing okay have the good days and bad days with the knee. I don't get on here as much as for fear I would go off topic or say the wrong thing. I do read all the time but not always comment anymore. I hope all keeps improving for you
 
@Legin I see you had posted to me. I am doing good. My 2nd knee still does not like me driving which I don't understand why. Went to doctors friday and manage to twist my leg (right) getting out of the car. Thankfully it hurt a wee bit at the time but did not last just a twinge here and there
 
I'm glad to hear that you are ok Laurie. I had a rough month. Lost my beloved brother in law the day after Christmas day. Massive heart attack. Trouble is only had the funeral last Tuesday. A volunteer bugler ex REME played the last post as his coffin was carried in to the crematorium. His REME cap and pic of him were on his coffin. They had a Humanitarian service for him.

Hubby working in adjusting the kitchen and starting the downstairs loo. He's bearing up okay but is suffering xxx

I'm glad you're ok Laurie. Xxxx

Love Ann xx
 
Hey sheeeeesh mad would be right. Its ok on here well I'm still here and I.stay on.track like a pan of spaghetti in.an.earthquake. If your knee has bad days get your posterior on here. Pain can.be a lonely state if we allow it. Take it from one who knows.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ah @Legin you are so kind @madinana, I hate to admit this in front of Legin but he's right.(I'm never gonna hear the last of this btw!) x oh and say hello to Our absent friend for us please xx

How are you Laurie? How are your knees? Xxx

Please contact me or legin or anyone else you know. There's nothing worse than pain to drag you down.

I'm tired but restless tonight xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 knee no 2 which is the right side does not like me. Had doctor appointment and it still does not like me driving as it aches, mainly in thigh area. Plus we are getting a lot of snow and took me an hour to get home. Will pass on the hello. I am tried tonight too and off to bed early, just took my night meds. I just keep reminding myself it will get better, guess it just takes time
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom