stellaluna
member
Hey gang. So Monday it’ll be my 6 week “hipaversary”. I am probably being unrealistic here but honestly at this point thought I’d be walking more than I am. Granted I walked too much on Thursday and that exposed me to the ODIC which is not where I wanted to go! My PT told me yesterday I’m doing really well but idk.
Anyways I’ve shortened the distance - trying about a mile at a time twice a day. (Thursday I did almost 3- too much!?)
What’s really getting to me Is the quad (thigh) pain and like, cramping In the thighs I am getting toward the end of the walks. It’s really got me stumped. Now granted there are inclines (nothing steep) in my neighborhood that I can’t avoid but what is up with these thigh cramps? Granted I still have tenderness at the tops of the thighs/ is it really still surgical trauma? Weak muscles that were just literally beat up during the procedure?
Feeling frustrated- I just want to be able to walk! I’ve missed it so much ! I’m icing my quads and doing gentle massage. Anything else ?
I have my follow up next Thursday and will be asking about this. In all honesty no way in heck do I feel even close to being ready to go back to work! I’m def gonna need a couple more weeks.
Thanx for letting me vent guys

Anyways I’ve shortened the distance - trying about a mile at a time twice a day. (Thursday I did almost 3- too much!?)
What’s really getting to me Is the quad (thigh) pain and like, cramping In the thighs I am getting toward the end of the walks. It’s really got me stumped. Now granted there are inclines (nothing steep) in my neighborhood that I can’t avoid but what is up with these thigh cramps? Granted I still have tenderness at the tops of the thighs/ is it really still surgical trauma? Weak muscles that were just literally beat up during the procedure?
Feeling frustrated- I just want to be able to walk! I’ve missed it so much ! I’m icing my quads and doing gentle massage. Anything else ?
I have my follow up next Thursday and will be asking about this. In all honesty no way in heck do I feel even close to being ready to go back to work! I’m def gonna need a couple more weeks.
Thanx for letting me vent guys


United States

I was told "we will see you in a year". Got the dr's note stating a phased return to work AND a recommendation , medically necessary, for a sit to stand desk! Yahoo! Super glad I went in with the book of poses, the PA I saw does yoga so she was able to advise me as to what was possible now, and to what would be possible, down the road. 


and Happy 6th week Anniversary!
Glad to hear that you were cleared to return to some of the activities you enjoy. That must be a great feeling. It's nice that you will be able to phase back into work. It seems that so people talk about not realizing that they had done too much, until their hips tell them to back off. I'm sure that after not working for such an extended period, it wouldn't be surprising for it to be totally exhausting in the beginning. I'm happy to hear that you are returning to your "old self"....or "new self".... or "new self" doing what the "old self" had difficulty doing. 
