TKR Made it June 11th'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JanetK, Sleep still eludes me some nights and I am 8 weeks today. My next surgery is on Thursday so I can expect to have sleepless nights again soon..


I have not tried guided mediation @54andfighting. I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the tip.
Good luck with your next surgery keep me posted mine will be in August


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@71 Beetle I have had a real rough day passed out in the bank after standing in line 10 minutes, staff were great, made me comfortable. I have been very weak today. Anxiety very high. Have app with phycologistt next week and with GP on Wednesday re pain control. I have gone through withdraw after stopping dilauded long lasting in two days due to fear of the contribution to my anxiety and panic. I spoke to my OS Nurse Manager re pain options and he was great and gave me some things to speak to my GP about. Completely exhausted at the moment I litterly can't get off the couch. Absolutely exhausted today because I haven't slept in days due to severe pain at night. Praying for some sleep tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
@71 Beetle I have had a real rough day passed out in the bank after standing in line 10 minutes, staff were great, made me comfortable. I have been very weak today. Anxiety very high. Have app with phycologistt next week and with GP on Wednesday re pain control. I have gone through withdraw after stopping dilauded long lasting in two days due to fear of the contribution to my anxiety and panic. I spoke to my OS Nurse Manager re pain options and he was great and gave me some things to speak to my GP about. Completely exhausted at the moment I litterly can't get off the couch. Absolutely exhausted today because I haven't slept in days due to severe pain at night. Praying for some sleep tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
I am so sorry for your challenging day my anxiety has been up and down but I have a great psychologist and GP so I know if you find the right combination it will help try to sleep tonight if you can post any time you need some extra help I know we can do this together we both been through a lot but if we all work together we can all do it


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl Sorry about the fainting & hope you're feeling better now.
So are you seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist? I know psychiatrists are MDs and so can prescribe. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to see good psychiatrist who is knowledgeable about drugs to survey your meds to see if you are on the right ones & the right doses. He /she would also know about interactions etc. with pain meds.
 
So so sorry. Just catching up with you! It is amazing how many of us there are that suffer with anxiety also. I am praying your counselor and bring you some relief. I also had a great one who helped me tremendously. Love and prayers.
 
@greeneyedtattedgirl Sorry about the fainting & hope you're feeling better now.
So are you seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist? I know psychiatrists are MDs and so can prescribe. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to see good psychiatrist who is knowledgeable about drugs to survey your meds to see if you are on the right ones & the right doses. He /she would also know about interactions etc. with pain meds.
I see both my psychiatrist helped me with medication management and I see a psychologist to help me with anxiety and coping skills


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Going to my first physical therapy at the clinic today tomorrow will be three weeks since my June 11 surgery I took a shower this morning cleaned up and that felt like therapy so glad to have an hour or so to sit and relax I will let you know how it went


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with your next surgery keep me posted mine will be in August


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Good luck on your surgery thinking about you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, early on I found taking my shower a bit of an "event" too. :heehee: Less so now. Hope your PT goes well.
 
I see both my psychiatrist helped me with medication management and I see a psychologist to help me with anxiety and coping skills


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
good to know. From what what I know this seems like a great approach. I think I was confusing whose thread I was in for a minute--my thought was more directed to greeneyedtattedgirl
 
First physical therapy at the clinic today three weeks out tomorrow from6/11 went pretty well listen to my suggestions and I felt a part of the plan pain seemed well-controlled but I am exhausted


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
good to know. From what what I know this seems like a great approach. I think I was confusing whose thread I was in for a minute--my thought was more directed to greeneyedtattedgirl
Sorry I was confusing myself you and another thread thanks for the information


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@71Beetle (this IS becoming a confusing thread, I think I screwed it up, sorry @JanetK!!!) ...didn't mean to do that. Newbie here.
Sooo.....Just in case it got lost in the shuffle, I recommend "Meditation Oasis" by Mary Maddox, she has quite a few apps to pick from. There is also a guided relaxation called "yoga nidra" I use (lotus flower on the app)...gets kinda dicey when it gets to the knee and leg relaxation part lol.. and last but not least, Brainwave 30 Binaural Programs (there are lots of binaural apps). I listend to a 5 hour binaural deep sleep program last night, chose ocean waves as the background, and slept really well...but then I had to go to the bathroom, and change my ice packs...blah blah blah :) you all know the drill!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@71Beetle (this IS becoming a confusing thread, I think I screwed it up, sorry @JanetK!!!) ...didn't mean to do that. Newbie here.
Sooo.....Just in case it got lost in the shuffle, I recommend "Meditation Oasis" by Mary Maddox, she has quite a few apps to pick from. There is also a guided relaxation called "yoga nidra" I use (lotus flower on the app)...gets kinda dicey when it gets to the knee and leg relaxation part lol.. and last but not least, Brainwave 30 Binaural Programs (there are lots of binaural apps). I listend to a 5 hour binaural deep sleep program last night, chose ocean waves as the background, and slept really well...but then I had to go to the bathroom, and change my ice packs...blah blah blah :) you all know the drill!!!!

#binaural #meditation #yoganidra #sleepproblems #gettosleep
Oh no I'm sure I could have screwed it up as well I already downloaded the meditation and have started using it thank you so much


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Slept until 9 AM this morning after falling asleep about 1 AM felt great I did get up for medication bathroom breaks and to feed my two dogs about 7 AM or Bea would just keep complaining


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom