TKR Made it June 11th'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 11 and try to be more active in a normal way walked outside for about 15 minutes and try to clean up the house now my leg is very tired muscles hurt that haven't hurt since surgery having a hard time with anxiety in my down time which has been a problem in my life before so trying to work on meditation and healing both mentally and physically


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JanetK

Cleaning the house? Moving around? C-Diff will zap you without any other complications! Slow down, rest ice, elevate, and let your body heal. I know it is hard to do, but c-diff alone calls out any extra reserves of energy that you have and zaps you! Please take care of you!:console2:
 
@JanetK

Cleaning the house? Moving around? C-Diff will zap you without any other complications! Slow down, rest ice, elevate, and let your body heal. I know it is hard to do, but c-diff alone calls out any extra reserves of energy that you have and zaps you! Please take care of you!:console2:
Thank you I can use any reassurance I can get


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are welcome! I hope they have talked to you about probiotics. That will help prevent future outbreaks of c-diff! :happydance:
 
Had my OS two-week checkup happy with everything except the complication from the CDiff infection already talking about scheduling the left kneehow long did people wait between right and left knee replacements he suggested six weeks but with infection now 8 to 12 weeks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
2 1/2 weeks since right knee on June 11 love to have it elevated and ice still gets very stiff but glad to have the staples out walking without my came in the house and short distance outside but still careful around my golden retriever girls


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well after 26 years of full-time work at my job my employee paid disability insurance denied my long term disability on a eligibility technicality not related to medical issues just another challenge to face trying not to dwell on this and look forward to my knee continuing to recover


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a question for the group are the nights so hard because overused during the day or underuse during the night I am 2 1/2 weeks out June 11 right knee replacement and even without a nap it is so hard to sleep during the night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @JanetK, I just read your thread. From the pain and no ice, to the infection, and now Your disability being denied, wow you have been put through the wringer!

I see that you meditate. How is that working for you? I am a big believer in the power of attraction and positive thinking and I do yoga, but I have not been able to get the hang of meditating. I just cannot clear my mind. I know that it can be very enlightening and soothing so I should likely try to focus more on it :)

I hope things get better for you soon.
 
Just started Meditation with an app on my iPhone downloaded for 299 trying multiple kinds my mind still wanders but it's a good start for me to try and build on thank you so much for answering
 
@JanetK, I use the guided series "meditation oasis" on the iPad, by Mary Maddox...was introduced to meditation during a horribly stressful time w one of my kids 3 years ago and it has sure become a part of my life. If you read a bit about meditation, you'll know that mind wandering is ok, just note it, and refocus and bring it back to the meditation :) finding that comfortable meditation position is a bit of a challenge post TKR I have to say! My mind wanders to one spot...and one feeling!! I have to use my mantra more "i may be free from pain, I may be happy, I may live life with ease" ...
I also see you are, like me, having your other knee done as well. I'm very interested to understand when "the right time" will be. I'm guessing sometime in September, but I'd be happy to get it over with faster. At least I think so!
 
Hi @JanetK, I just read your thread. From the pain and no ice, to the infection, and now Your disability being denied, wow you have been put through the wringer!

I see that you meditate. How is that working for you? I am a big believer in the power of attraction and positive thinking and I do yoga, but I have not been able to get the hang of meditating. I just cannot clear my mind. I know that it can be very enlightening and soothing so I should likely try to focus more on it :)

I hope things get better for you soon.
Beetle, have you tried guided mediation? There are quite a few free and cheap apps to use, it's a great way to start.
 
Oh, one more thing... I was reading some of your back posts and have a book to recommend: The mindful way through anxiety by Susan Orthillo. Both my sister (who's is battling breast cancer) and I swear by this book.
 
Oh, one more thing... I was reading some of your back posts and have a book to recommend: The mindful way through anxiety by Susan Orthillo. Both my sister (who's is battling breast cancer) and I swear by this book.
Thank you for all the meditation and book tips I will look for both of them I am just getting started with those therapies but I know they will be helpful and this morning my second surgery was scheduled for August 22 so I think that's about 10 1/2 weeks happy to have it scheduled but just a little anxiety thinking about it thanks for your support


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JanetK
Glad to hear you are doing okay. I wonder how much money insurance companies save on technicalities. :(
My LTKR was 4/21 and my RTKR is scheduled for 7/21.....I have 3 more weeks before round 2. I have been sleeping much better since week 9. Before that it was sleep whenever you can. At night I would sleep for an hour and a half, be up for two. I couldn't seem to change that. Gradually my time asleep increased and my time up at night decreased. I,too, have been meditating (although a bit differently!). I have been focusing on a verse in 2nd Samuel where the warrior goes down into the snowy pit to fight a lion. I keep wanting to delay, delay. I guess there is no good day to fight a lion. So, Janet, here's to us fighting the lions!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum caloparker4/21/14
 
I have a question for the group are the nights so hard because overused during the day or underuse during the night I am 2 1/2 weeks out June 11 right knee replacement and even without a nap it is so hard to sleep during the night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I had the same thought last night as I just couldn't get comfortable to get to sleep. It think it must be from all the activity during the day coming home to roost.

I will say that once I got to sleep I slept pretty well. I'm a bit ahead of you.
 
@Caloparker
Here's to fighting the Lions one day at a time


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JanetK, Sleep still eludes me some nights and I am 8 weeks today. My next surgery is on Thursday so I can expect to have sleepless nights again soon..

Beetle, have you tried guided mediation? There are quite a few free and cheap apps to use, it's a great way to start.
I have not tried guided mediation @54andfighting. I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the tip.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom