TKR luvcats recovery box

Thinking of you!!! It's 11:25 AM here in New Orleans,which would make it 12:25 in Virginia so you probably have arrived at the hospital already and are checking in. Bonesmarties are holding your hand every step of the way. You are a very terrific person to know online, and we are all hoping for the best for you. (hugs)

Thank you all my friends!
Surgery went great. Doctor was pleased. Something went wonky with my nerve block, so it didnt. We had quite an adventure in Not Working with pain meds. Zero stars. Not reccomend at all.

Things are better now, hoping for some sleep when the last dose kicks in.

I'm back to that place where you forget what you're typing while still typing.

Thank you all my friends!
Surgery went great. Doctor was pleased. Something went wonky with my nerve block, so it didnt. We had quite an adventure in Not Working with pain meds. Zero stars. Not reccomend at all.

Things are better now, hoping for some sleep when the last dose kicks in.

I'm back to that place where you forget what you're typing while still typing.
Thanks for checking in!!! I am so happy and relieved to read that you are OK, and that the surgery went well. But oh my gosh!!!What an awful experience with lack of pain control. So glad you are feeling a little more comfortable now. I hope you forget the memory of that pain, just like I have completely forgotten about the recovery room after surgery (which I posted about here!! Then forgot!! :loll:)

I am still at that place where I forget what I was typing while still typing. :rotfl: But that's just me..... :)

Oh I'm glad you are doing well but I'm so sorry the experience was not great!
Praying you can get some good rest tonight.
:sleeep:

I'm glad you second knee is done and I hope the pain medication stays sorted out now.

Here's another copy of the recovery reading - so you don't have to keep going back to the start of your thread:
Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?

Energy drain for TKRs

Elevation is the key

Ice to control pain and swelling

Heel slides and how to do them properly

Chart representation of TKR recovery

Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Glad to hear all is well, now. Congratulations to you. You're on your way to your best life!

@luvcats So glad to:yellowcat::catdance:hear you are on the road (albeit bumpy) to recovery.
Dancing cat is welcoming you to the lala land of fuzzy thinking and light and fluffy entertainment.

So glad you’re ok. Welcome home. You are in very good company in the Land of the Lost Thoughts.

I'm so glad you're out of surgery and on to good pain control! God is good and will take care of you!

Sorry you had a bad start to your second knee adventure. I hope things go well from here on.

I am now home and ensconced in my own bed. I had my first"slept like the dead" nap. I'm usually a very light sleeper, but this time I slept through Beloved trying to wake me. I never do that, so thank you oxy!

Neeka is now in her preferred Nanny Cat spot on the other side of the bed.

I can tell I'm still exhausted as I drift off just trying to post this update.

The people I recognized at PT were very pleased at how well the first knee is doing already.

My OS was pleased with my progress and the second surgery. He made a point of mentioning that the energy drain is likely to be much worse since I am still really healing. Wont that be fun?

In the spirit of silliness, I need clever names or other different designation for the new knees. Knee the First is too long and pretentious

Lucy & rosie?
Luke & rob?
Lucky & red?
(Clearly my creative juices need some help.)

Hooray for being home!! I hope you are able to get lots & lots of rest.
:sleeep::flwrysmile::loveshwr:

King knee...(kings for short)
Queen knee (queening for short)
Kings always get first billing. Why is that?

I am so glad you are home....

Glad to see you are getting some much needed sleep! Often it is really difficult to sleep in the hospital. Also it's encouraging that the OS was pleased with the second surgery. Take care and I am glad you are home. Neeka is glad too. :yes:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks