TKR luvcats recovery box

All prayers, blessings, good thoughts, and everything else gratefully accepted.
And definitely sent! All my best thoughts, hopes, and wishes for your surgery and recovery. Seriously, I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome for you on Wednesday.

Neeka sounds like such a terrific cat! With her looking out for you, you've got it made.

BTW, Happy Anniversary to both of you (in advance).

As for Hibiclens, at least it doesn't smell as bad as I originally feared it would. When I first found out about it, I figured it would work about as well to prevent infections as hanging up garlic would work to protect one's home from vampires. That said I must admit that I haven't had even the slightest hint of infection in the surgical area. So, maybe I was wrong about that.

That is terrific that your swelling is gone. Maybe someday mine will vanish too. The only reason I am up this early is to hook my gigantic swelled knee up to my icing machine. :rotfl:

You sound really well prepared, and this time you know from personal experience exactly what you are getting into. So, with any luck this surgery will be no more difficult, and hopefully easier, than your first knee.
 
Sending you good thoughts and healing energy for the upcoming surgery! You have done a great job of prep and I am sure once a few weeks have gone by you will be so happy they are both done and behind you. Looking forward to your first post afterwards!

You asked about driving. When I had the right knee done I was driving very short distances (like to PT which was just 3 miles) at 3 weeks, even though I was still taking the pain meds. Needs must when you live alone. By 4-5 weeks I could drive 15-20 minutes but then my leg muscles would cramp. I needed to be able to drive 45 minutes to an hour in order to return to work and it took 10 weeks before I could tolerate that much time driving.
 
Last edited:
Good thoughts for your second go round. You'll be fabulous before you know it!
 
@luvcats my best wishes going out to you today, none of us envy you going back to surgery but having it done now you know realistically what to expect and you’re all geared up ... don’t you love it when your cat knows..? We have to keep our old ghetto gangsta street boy out in hallway at night since he insists on roaming around in bed all night and disturbs hubby .. although I do see him sneaking in and napping on my side of bed during daytime! So happy to see swelling gone down! And yes water walking resumed will be lovely!
 
Thank you all for your support and good wishes. 2 days out!
@knee#2 I don't know how other people manage without companion animals, I really don't. Cats don't need us, they just choose to live with us. It's so touching when they jump in your lap, or come to ask for cuddles, or spend all their time following you from room to room just for the company.

Got my first hibicleanse shower last night. Today will start the last minute activities. Change the sheets, run a load of laundry. Clean up my bedside nest in preparation for it to be covered in a new selection of meds. One last round of meals to fix that I didn't do yesterday. Not too much.

Then the rest of my day is devoted to relaxing and improving my knitting. I'm not holding my needles quite right. It works great, but I'm never going to get any speed with this configuration. I need to try some different tensioning holds and see if I can find one that works better. The traditional crochet hold isn't working for me.

Did anyone else spend their countdown terribly worried that something was going to interfere with their surgery and delay it? I don't know why that's where my brain fixates. Well, I do know, because my husband has taken time off and it would be a horrible mess to reschedule everything. Plus, it would mess up Disney. But I don't know why I feel the need to worry about it so much. It isn't very likely.
 
My brain came up with a million reasons why my surgery might be postponed. It’s just one of the byproducts of the anxiety. There’s so much we have to do to prepare for something this big. But we don’t want anything to mess up Disney so all positive thoughts coming your way!
 
@luvcats
cats everywhere would agree with you: how do people do this without animal companions?

Also, in the social section, there’s a funny thread, entitled
Something to make the knee and hip people laugh
Scroll down to the Knee Replacement version(preparation for) of the classic “Twas the Night before Christmas Poem.”
Very cute.
 
Did anyone else spend their countdown terribly worried that something was going to interfere with their surgery and delay it? I don't know why that's where my brain fixates.
I sure did! I never got a packet with instructions saying what medical tests were needed, what to bring to the hospital, if I would have a joint class, what clearances I needed to obtain, and so on. So every time I found out about one of these things, it was out of the blue, from someone other than my surgeon and his team, and totally unexpected. I saw no reason to assume that I had completed everything necessary, until about 10 hours before I was to show up at the hospital, when my OS's physician's assistant called me to confirm the time.

But it all worked out, and my surgery took place exactly when planned. Yours will too, I am certain! Two days from now you will have a second new knee. :yay:
 
Hi luvcats, hope you are doing well & feel like you are ready for your big day. Before my surgery I got incredibly anxious & I hope you are not dealing with that nonsense.
I just want you to know you're very encouraging to me & I hope I can do the same through your second recovery.
I'll be praying for you!!
:loveshwr:
 
Good Luck tomorrow!
See you on the Other....wait, you’re already Here!
:kitty:Soon, this will be you, with purple sequin mouse ears, of course
 
Thank you all for the tremendous support. Nothing could possibly go wrong with so many people holding me in their thoughts!

My to do list is nearly done. I have laundry to put away, and I purposely left adjusting my bedside nest to the last minute so I have something to do while Beloved is down making his breakfast. I need to put a few things in a bag for the hospital. I don't take much. The most important things other than glasses and phone, which I'll have anyway, is my little fan and some protein shakes in case I miss dinner.

I stayed up later than usual enjoying my last comfortable evening for a long time. And I did some sleeping on my side, although I'm still having trouble with that. Now I'm just hanging out at my computer waiting until it's time to get things rolling. I have a bit of a tension headache and the hibicleanse makes my skin very uncomfortable, but other wise I'm in a much better place than I was before the last one.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom