Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear luisa,
How are you feeling today? Good I hope :) did you call your o.s ?
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Diana, I put a call in today tomt OS since shes in surgeries on Mondays. Still waiting for a csll back. Thanks for thinkinb of me. I will tentatively say that I am ever so slightly better today, walking wise. I do still have pain. :(

Barb, youre story sounds so very similar to mine, and although I never usually panic and run to e/r on a rsgular basis, this surgery has been pretty traumatic and wnen I felt that pop or snap, I knew it had to be pretty serious. Its been 9 days today since the event and I am just worried its taking too long and has been painful for that long. My added worries revolve around the interview I have Thursday. this is a job that I have been dreaming of for several years and applied for back in May.

This morningi woke up with myfirst mega headache in a few weeks. Probably brought on by my awful mental state as well as having my period starting. Luckily, my husband knows the drill by now and came thru like a champ. Espresso, advils and ice (after giving me some bread to coat my stomach). I amhoping to convince hubby to take me out this early evening for some much needed waxing and to just get out of the house to brighten my spirits.
 
Let me start this post by saying...after a rough start to my day with a headache, I had my first BETTER day in 9 days. I decided the need to go out for some beautification lol and convinced hubby to take me out. I managed to get in and out of the car with just difficulty flexing enough to get out. I used my arms to assist. BUT walking about wasnt too bad, aliitle slow and purposeful, buf painless. I even stopped at a friends house for a short visit, then walked home down the block. I dont know ifi will pay later, but I truly feel much more flexible today and ready to make an appt back to therapy.

Please say a prayer that I continue improving daily...I could really use your prayers and good thoughts.
 
Luisa,
I've been thinking of you. Good luck at your interview tomorrow, I know you will do fine.
 
Thank you ladies. My night was pretty pain free with meds of course. This morning I do have some nagging thigh pain, but its bearable. Hoping I continue the up swing.
 
Dear luisa,
:angel: for your continued recovery. I am so happy you are feeling better, but remember you don't want
To become a member of the o.d.i.c :no-fin: so, take it easy.
Good luck tomorrow at your interview.....
We are all there with you in spirit :friends:
Please let us know how it goes
All my best to you, my dear
Diana. June sunbeams :SUNsmile: taking life one day at a time......
 
Ahhh yes the odic I am in this predicament, I think, because I pushed myself too hard on my ROM. I will NOT do that again. Ive put a call in to the new therspy office with the aqua therapy and waiting to hearback. I will mostdefinitely take it easy though, especially on my left leg! The fact that im making an appointment means im feeling better, which is really a GREAT feeling. I havent felt this hopeful in about 10 days.

Interview tomorrow, clothes ready, pocketbook prepped, will get jewelry and makeup ready to put on, shower and fix my hair tonight, so that tomorrow all I need to do is touch up my hair and get dressed. I want to keep tomorrow as stress free as possible!
 
Good luck tomorrow Luisa!!! You sound so well prepared with an excellent plan! So happy you are feeling better today!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 
Interview was rescheduled. The director of the program is sick. Gives me more time to walk better and present better!
 
Im feeling better, slowly but surely. I have made a commitment to start walking a bit each day, starting off slow and working my way up. If I hope to be ready for work in a , month, I need to build my endurance. Tomorrow ill walk around the block and take it from there!
 
Good morning luisa,
How are you feeling today ? Good I hope :) I'm happy your interview was postponed, gives you a bit more time.
You can walk around the block ? I took a 10 min. Walk the other day & it wiped me out. Please start slowly....
Remember the o.d.i.c :headbang: it's a hard club to get out of once you are a member :heehee:
Have a great weekend,
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: .....taking it easy
 
Well so much for that commitment, hubby woke up with terrible toothache. Has appt with oral surgeon monday (dentist couldnt find anything wrong). I dont feel up to going alone and hubby wouldnt hear of it anyway. Ill wait until tomorrow and hope my friend can help if hubby is still not feeling well.
 
It may be the universe looking out for you again! maybe another day resting is what your knee needed. :tada: Wanda
 
Feeling better bit by bit. Went for a short walk and had a visit with a friend. Pain is more manageable, sleep still illusive but I am getting used to it. Hoping all my buddies are doing well!
 
Hello luisa,
So happy you are feeling better :) going for walks & visiting with friends is good for the soul :dancy:
When is your new interview ? I also like your idea about the relaxation tapes
Keep up the good work...remember slow & steady..... No o.d.i.c :no-fin:
Take care,
Diana. June sunbeams :SUNsmile: getting better everyday !!!!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom