TKR LTKR May 25, 2021 Done!

@FCBayern thank you for responding I finally convinced my OS to agree to an X-ray so on Thursday after my staples are removed I will be getting that done. I guess I just need proof for my peace of mind that there is nothing wrong. I think because I was really doing good that first week until the first incident is what really worried me. I also know there are many different kinds of pains to experience through this journey. I think it’s because it was similar to the pain that made me decide it was time for surgery that freaked me out. I will update on Thursday. Take care!
 
I also have spasms and asked for a muscle relaxer which sometimes helps. Some people also say magnesium oil/lotion helps and over the counter Voltarin rubbed into the leg. I had PT yesterday and suffered the rest of the day and was in extreme pain all last night. I just don’t understand why it seems to be different in the UK and here in the US they keep pushing with the exercises. I always go into my appointment saying that I’m not going to let them hurt me but always seem to let them. I will say some of the bending therapy hurts but in a good way. I am having a hard time with my gait as I did with my RTKR last year but obviously it resolved. I was feeling much better having the weekend off therapy except for the ones I do at home. That sure ended after my session yesterday. I just feel like I’m stuck in the middle of believing in the Bonesmart way and also in the way the therapy here is. I hope you find some relief.
 
Gramalite, I think, seeing all the successes the BoneSmart philosophy have produced, I would favor complete adherence to it. If they are hurting you in PT, they are causing more swelling which will translate into less bend and more frustration on your part. This is not a sports injury you are dealing with but major surgery! If you cannot bring yourself to tell the therapist no, perhaps you should consider canceling a few sessions till your knee calms down.
As for gait, please consider the free, One Step program sponsored by BoneSmart. Ask @Jamie about the details.
 
@Gramalita98 - you will see that I have moved your post from Dubeski's thread to your own thread.

I've left your advice that was based on personal experience there, but edited out the part about your problems, because that should be in your own thread. If people replied there about your problems, it would take the emphasis of the thread off Dubreski and it is his thread.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in this thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Just in case you couldn't find your thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts .

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.

Best wishes,
Celle
 
Sorry I don’t know why I can’t figure that part out!
 
I always go into my appointment saying that I’m not going to let them hurt me but always seem to let them.
The easiest way to deal with that is to just cancel your appointment. No one can require that you go, and if hurts and doesn’t help why would you want to go?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom