TKR LTKR 7 wks Swelling & Active ROM 90's<

I've basically got complete bend in my 12w old knee, I say complete, because the only thing stopping it is my ample thigh. And I was like Susie. Only did exercises at PT. Otherwise, ADLs, walking, gentle pool activity. And so much resting and icing that I'm darn near losing my mind from it, 3 months into this nonsense! I didn't fess anything to my Dr.
 
kmak81230, sounds like we are close to reach other on the progress level and emotional state. Sorry to hear you still have some sleep issues. My sleep issues immediately straightened out when I quit the pain killer narcotics. Hope it gets better for you.
I hope you continue to progress in your recovery. Good luck at your follow up appointment.
 
Don't tell you OS anything.
My OS will know that I quit PT as my PT emails him progress reports regularly so am sure my therapist has told him I quit PT.
I don't care though as what I do is my choice not my surgeons. I am not even sure why I am going to the appointment as nothing will materialize from it. Lol
 
SusieShoes, I will be telling my surgeon that I see no reason to return for several months since there is no point. He and I don't agree on PT and I don't see that changing as he has his viewpoints and I have mine, we just aren't on the same page.

Glad to hear you have good ROM and are recovering well. Great work!
 
Jennszoo, the resting, icing and elevating is enough to drive any of us crazy. How well I know. This surgery has turned me into a homebody. Lol

I have decided to make no further plans to attend any events until after I reach my 4 month post op point. Have had to cancel on all of them since surgery. I have learned to accept my limitations and that my recovery is more important than anything.

I am to forthcoming type of person so usually fess up easily. Just my nature.

Wishing you continued progress in your recovery.
 
I've always believed that honesty is the best for all concerned. Making a decision about no more PT will really benefit that knee. And it is the boss. And you are the boss of your OS, not the other way around! Good for sticking up for yourself!
 
@IOWAGIRL58 -
I just read through your journey. I am glad that you ended PT and are taking the time to give your knee the rest it needs.

I haven't had formal PT. I did the CPM Machine for four weeks, and since then my activities have been primarily walking, some seated elliptical, and just increasing my activity around the house. I am blessed in that my OS did not measure or discuss what my ROM numbers were in my appointment. He asked me to show me what I could do for bending my knee, and he was pleased. To this date, I have no idea what my ROM is. I just know I can be more and more active every week.

As others have suggested, give your knee time. Like you - I'm not very patient and this recovery has taught me to listen to my knees and be patient with them and myself. I am still a work in progress, but am getting better.
 
Once you've learned a few of the exercises, you can really just do them at home at your own pace and (usually less than they want you to). I liked going to a little PT because they did give me some good exercises (some of which I didn't do until the knee was more healed, though) and it was a way of checking my progress. I think they want to keep you in PT longer than is necessary, generally.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom