shr
member
I'm doing fairly well. The new knee is pretty functional though ROM is lagging. It's still swelling regularly because I can't resist pushing it.How are you managing?
I'm doing fairly well. The new knee is pretty functional though ROM is lagging. It's still swelling regularly because I can't resist pushing it.How are you managing?
AustraliaHow are you now?I'm doing fairly well. The new knee is pretty functional though ROM is lagging. It's still swelling regularly because I can't resist pushing it.How are you managing?
AustraliaThis guy is way behind in his training for rehabbing a joint replacement. Exercising this way will only create a setback in recovery. I can't understand how anyone would think painful exercise after this surgery would be beneficial. It just baffles me.I have been in agony after his session and he has told me I have to push myself every day and pain comes with that. He told me unless there is no pain, I am not doing it right.
Good for you!I wont be going back to him.

Australia
United StatesThat sounds like the IT Band is acting up. IT Band InfoTook me a little to settle it once I got up and walked a few minutes back and forward to the front door.
United States
AustraliaYes, we are summer here in Australia.Hi, I'm at 3-months and also have the discomfort of pain from my hip to knee! I thought it was the weather, but you are enjoying summer and it is winter here! Maybe it's another stage we have to go through.
Australia
Australia
United Kingdom
United States
What are you experiencing with your foot. I'm not sure I understand the "feels like a brick dropped on it" reference.I do have zingers and numb areas and the foot still feels like I dropped a brick on it.
AustraliaThe top of my foot since the TKR has felt as if I dropped a brick on my foot. Very painful from day one. Even had scans on it because I struggled walking because the foot was so sore.I think at 6 months, I felt more normal but the knee was still the star of every event. Also, I could very easily land myself in the ODIC corner if I tried to really do "normal". There's still a lot of healing going on but you are well on your way.
Congrats!
What are you experiencing with your foot. I'm not sure I understand the "feels like a brick dropped on it" reference.I do have zingers and numb areas and the foot still feels like I dropped a brick on it.
AustraliaThank you for the Birthday wishes.@possum_here we had surgery on the same day! Sounds like you’re doing great! I definitely relate to where you’re at…everything getting much easier and more like normal, but still some daily challenges and limitations. I hope thing just continue to get better and better for you!
And happy birthday!
AustraliaThank you.@possum_here Thanks for your update! Sounds like you are really doing well. Indeed patience is the key to this whole process. I a certain you will continue to see improvement.